Billie Joe talks ''shenanigans'' - AP 2002

deleteduser7593

I took a look to the 1st Green Day italian site (opened in 2002) I ever visited, back in 2004 with an old mobile phone. Thanks to waybackmachine I found a Billie Joe's interview about Shenanigans for Alternative Press. It's translated in italian (I am italian, Lol) but I'll reverse it back in english for ya. Hope you enjoy :-)

''We're putting out stuff we couldn't include in Dookie. There's a song from Nimrod' sessions, it's called 'Desensitized'. I always wanted to release it somewhere. I think it's a great song that should stay in a great album and we regret the fact we scrapped it for the record. You know, the problem is that we have tons of material... There are other songs included, like 'Sick', 'Rotting', 'Stuck With Me', 'On The Wagon Again' and a Kinks' cover, 'Tired of Waiting for You'. Also, 'Suffocate' and 'Outsider', a Ramones' cover. The Clash released a great b-sides compilation and it got big so I thought I could happen with Green Day, too. New album? I'm not thinking about it. I'm busy, stick in other stuff. I'm seriously thinking of goin' back to school!''.

Actually, ''Desensitised'' was included as a bonus track for Nimrod japan releases so, it makes sense, haha!

15 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

Actually, ''Desensitised'' was included as a bonus track for Nimrod japan releases so, it makes sense, haha!

also on the AUS version as well as You Lied Do Da Da and Suffocate

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

also on the AUS version as well as You Lied Do Da Da and Suffocate

Yes, I knew it! :-) I'm visiting so many old sites, greendaymusic.com too, with that weird ISH! graphic Lol

1 hour ago, disappearingfs said:

I'm busy, stick in other stuff. I'm seriously thinking of goin' back to school!''.

wow, Billie!

Interesting that he mentions Stuck With Me in the interview. I assume he was talking about Do Da Da.

It's really amazing that he went from "not thinking about it" in 2002 to releasing American Idiot in 2004.  Also, I wish they had put some promotion behind Shenanigans.  If it were an album, I'd rank it among one of my favorites.  I'd probably put it somewhere around #5 in their discography - outdoing most of their studio albums!   

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Interesting that he mentions Stuck With Me in the interview. I assume he was talking about Do Da Da.

Yes, that was my favourite part Lol

3 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

It's really amazing that he went from "not thinking about it" in 2002 to releasing American Idiot in 2004.  Also, I wish they had put some promotion behind Shenanigans.  If it were an album, I'd rank it among one of my favorites.  I'd probably put it somewhere around #5 in their discography - outdoing most of their studio albums!   

Shenanigans is FANTASTIC! :-)

2 hours ago, E X H A U S T E D said:

wow, Billie!

Sex, drugs and violence, english, math and... Oh, wait X0

Low key one of my favorite albums from GD. I've absolutely gone full circle and become a old-shit purist.

Archived