If you could ''change'' a song...

deleteduser7593

I don't really get the hate Christian's Inferno gets.. It's certainly not my favourite song on the album but I don't think the chorus or the verses are weak and it's certainly an interesting track, kind of like one of the better songs from The Network. I saw this live version of the song on YouTube yesterday and thought that was pretty cool too. It's cool to see Billie perform the song (especially the laughing parts :lol:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

1. I just mean slightly less polished, though raw is kind of the only word that came to mind^^

2. I respect your opinion and it's surprising alright lol, but yeah I just don't think it at all fits the general mood of the song and doesn't add anything. Instead, I think it actually takes away a lot of that raw (just can't get around using this world haha) anger. But yeah, I can kinda see what you're saying...

3. Annoying, right? Yeah, I hate having to change the volume of anything constantly, so this really drives me mad haha

Oh it's totally an appropriate word, I just can't hear it in connection to Know Your Enemy without thinking that :P 

And yeah I know I'm in a minority in liking that aspect of the song (or to some extent in liking the song at all haha)

@Christian's Inferno!

It's better live for one thing and I do actually wish they'd played it more often. Also, I love the verses, I just think the chorus is a bit bland, repetitive and yeah anticlimactic and just doesn't fit the rest of the song. I don't at all ''hate'' the song, I just think the chorus is the one thing that I'd change, if I could...

If I were to change a song, I'd probably make the verses of Bouncing Off the Walls last longer. I really love those three short verses but it only lasts a minute before we get to the chorus and solo and then it just goes back to the chorus again. Not that the chorus is bad but the verses are really catchy and fun and I wish it lasted longer.

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

It's better live for one thing and I do actually wish they'd played it more often. Also, I love the verses, I just think the chorus is a bit bland, repetitive and yeah anticlimactic and just doesn't fit the rest of the song. I don't at all ''hate'' the song, I just think the chorus is the one thing that I'd change, if I could...

I get what you're saying. I definitely think Christian's Inferno is one of the most over-hated songs by Green Day though.

2 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

To me, the trilogy vocals are Billie's voice at his finest on album version.

I agree 100%.

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Raw ham

I just read this as rum ham.  I've been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia way too much. :lol:

Archived