If you could ''change'' a song...

deleteduser7593

The beginning of Only of You. The guitar sounds so screechy, while the bass and drums are more bouncy and fun. If the guitar was just softer at the beginning, it could be one of my favorite early GD songs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first heard Revolution Radio I thought the line "legalize the truth" was "we call lies the truth" and thought that it was pretty cool. So I'd probably go with that. Also I would add in the intro guitar for Amanda the way they did when they played it live the first time.

Oh I almost forgot - they should've kept that bass intro to Baby Eyes on the final version.

1 hour ago, Karol Oliveira said:

I would make "Makeout Party" instrumental only.

No way! :lol:

19 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Oh I almost forgot - they should've kept that bass intro to Baby Eyes on the final version.

Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes! That infuriates me that it's not on the trilogy version!!

I like the intro drums in   extraordinary girl. It gives the song dimension. It's starts of soft  and then boom! And I agree that know your enemy is quite repetitive I'm not crazy about that song but live it can be fun  because you have the energy of the audience.

The live version of FOD is pretty sick with the palm muted electric intro and overall energy. I don't think I'd change the album version out since the whole LP was a masterpiece but a fully electric b-side or live version of the song at some point would've been awesome.

I would re-record the entire insomniac album and replace the heavy distortion with more trilogy-esque guitar tones, as well as add solos to pretty much all the songs (like how they did to the 2015 live version of Stuart and 2017 live version of armatash) .. and lastly add more harmonies!

18 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

I would re-record the entire insomniac album and replace the heavy distortion with more trilogy-esque guitar tones, as well as add solos to pretty much all the songs (like how they did to the 2015 live version of Stuart and 2017 live version of armatash) .. and lastly add more harmonies!

Ewww

15 hours ago, Not a Salad said:

The sound effects in "Private Ale" and "Android" annoy me, but I'm probably a small minority here.

I found them ''hurting'' when I was a little boy, but it's part of the memory and why that record fascinated me so much more than 10 years ago... It's my favourite :-)

6 hours ago, 1039Revolutions said:

You are forgiven (You are forgiveeeeeen).

6 hours ago, 1039Revolutions said:

So what you're saying is, a version of Insomniac that everybody hates. :P

8 minutes ago, Not a Salad said:

I couldn't sleep with an Insomniac version recorded that way out there...

9 minutes ago, Not a Salad said:

No not everyone. I think it would make an unlistenable album listenable.

2 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

Fair enough, I just really hate the Trilogy tones. The high treble and cleanliness wouldn't go well with that album.

1 minute ago, Not a Salad said:

Fair enough, I just really hate the Trilogy tones. The high treble and cleanliness wouldn't go well with that album.

And those vocals...

Just now, disappearingfs said:

And those vocals...

Honestly, I think the 21CB vocals were a lot worse. But I still don't like the Trilogy vocals!

32 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

And those vocals...

Oh yeah, an updated 'more mature' vocal change would be invited as well.. I guarantee those changes would make the vast majority of fans cream themselves because the songs themselves are top shelf.. just rushed!

On 3/27/2018 at 4:33 AM, Mr. Shluffy said:

When I first heard Revolution Radio I thought the line "legalize the truth" was "we call lies the truth" and thought that it was pretty cool. So I'd probably go with that.

Wow that's better than what it actually is. Also would have been very timely (and still is).

I would be happy to remove 'ooh' in Still Breathing and replace it with whatever, but not anaemic 'ooh'. I don't like it

On 27/03/2018 at 6:02 AM, 1039Revolutions said:

Remove one of the highlights of the album and replace it with some of the lows of the trilogy :sick:

1. Re-record the entire trilogy with heavier / dirtier / more distorted guitars and get rid of 99% of the vocal filters. (Not saying the trilogy would be good then though, but a hell of a lot better...)

2. Change the lame, anticlimactic chorus on Christian's Inferno, which doesn't at all match the rest of the song.

3. Speed up Know Your Enemy, make it less repetitive, extend the solo and give it a more raw, ''live''-like sound. 

4. Get rid of the awful noise at the end of Bouncing Off The Wall, which currently isn't followed up by anything, but just abruptly stops OR actually follow it up with another song (would be a really cool transition). 

5. Improve RevRad's general production and mixing, especially reduce the overall compression, but also get rid of the over-exaggerated volume changes (for example in Bang Bang, Outlaws etc.), as well as improve the mix. 

6. Re-record more songs from 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours in the style of ''409 In Your Coffee Maker'' on the Basket Case single.

39 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

I would be happy to remove 'ooh' in Still Breathing and replace it with whatever, but not anaemic 'ooh'. I don't like it

''Ohhh-oh'' are songs worst enemies.

On 27/03/2018 at 1:48 PM, Grubby Poop said:

I can totally listen to Insomniac and love it the way it is (way more than at the beginning for me) and what I love in Insomniac are the melodies, the lyrics, most of the instrumental effects... but the few harmonies that are on there (like at the end of Panic Song) are so good, I agree there could be a lot more, and I prefer a lot the trilogy-esque sound in general to the Insomniac one... I love how they played Insomniac songs more recently, with solos and Billie's nowadays vocals, yeah.

On 27/03/2018 at 1:54 PM, Not a Salad said:

Honestly, I think the 21CB vocals were a lot worse. But I still don't like the Trilogy vocals!

To me, the trilogy vocals are Billie's voice at his finest on album version.

7 hours ago, Joe. said:

Remove one of the highlights of the album and replace it with some of the lows of the trilogy :sick:

I kindly disagree

7 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

I unkindly disagree :fuckyou:

7 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

3. Speed up Know Your Enemy, make it less repetitive, extend the solo and give it a more raw, ''live''-like sound. 

Raw ham

7 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

2. Change the lame, anticlimactic chorus on Christian's Inferno, which doesn't at all match the rest of the song.

This is my favourite thing about the song :P. The way the verses and choruses jar is surprising, interesting and amusing

So with you on the Rev Rad volume changes though!

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Raw ham

This is my favourite thing about the song :P. The way the verses and choruses jar is surprising, interesting and amusing

So with you on the Rev Rad volume changes though!

1. I just mean slightly less polished, though raw is kind of the only word that came to mind^^

2. I respect your opinion and it's surprising alright lol, but yeah I just don't think it at all fits the general mood of the song and doesn't add anything. Instead, I think it actually takes away a lot of that raw (just can't get around using this world haha) anger. But yeah, I can kinda see what you're saying...

3. Annoying, right? Yeah, I hate having to change the volume of anything constantly, so this really drives me mad haha

Archived