If you could ''change'' a song...

deleteduser7593

Just now, Spike said:

Change the backing vocals in the chorus of 99 Revolutions so it just came in with "...lutions tonight." I really don't know why but it's always kind of irritated me that it doesn't do that. 

A FUCKING BRIDGE AND EXTRA CHORUS IN BACK IN THE USA. It's the best thing they've done in YEARS and I hate that it's not longer. 

Louder backing vocals in the chorus of Stay The Night.

Like... for Know Your Enemy to be 99% less repetitive.

A longer, more blues-y solo in American Idiot like Billie does live.

For the tempo to slow down a bit in the acoustic section of American Eulogy. It feels rushed and makes for a bit of a weird dynamic shift.

Hey, even though KYE is repetitive as fuck, it's still one of the catchiest GD songs ever and I still love it!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Hey, even though KYE is repetitive as fuck, it's still one of the catchiest GD songs ever and I still love it!

May be repetitive as fuck but I'm still sad my mom made me late and I missed the KYE concert opener back in August.

I'd give the chorus of Christian's Inferno actual lyrics instead Billie just singing "whoa oh, christian's inferno" over and over. the rest of that song is so badass but that lame chorus ruins it for me.

also, rewrite all the lyrics to trouble maker

I would have a line from "When I Come Around" sung more clearly, because it sounds like "Sell doughnuts at my door" and I can't unhear it. 

On 18/03/2018 at 6:46 PM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I'm listening to it now and it's not a bad song.  It's kind of a strange feeling washing over me as I listen to a song that I've basically skipped for the past 21 years.....as I read the lyrics I realize it's the only Green Day song I don't know the words to.  The lyrics are awesome.  The intro and the first line of the song are kind of awkward in my opinion, so I think they kept me hitting the Next button when I shouldn't have.  The music is sort muddied and different that other Green Day songs and I guess that's why fans like it so much, but I personally don't prefer the sound in the song.  But again, I'm glad I listened to it today and realized it's not so bad.   

Thank you!

But also, this minor shift in opinion on this track effects my album ranking!  Nimrod and Warning have been in a fierce battle for my #2 album from the band for years, with Warning beating Nimrod mostly because of THIS SONG.  

Now it seems Nimrod and Warning are tied for second and it's driving me nuts!  

And one side note:  If you don't like Walking Alone, we can't be friends! I LOVE that one!  And overrated or no, Good Riddance was my introduction to the band, so that too, is sacred.  

Last Ride In - I'll give you that one.  Haha.    

Ha, I was going to reply that the lyrics to Haushinka, I love that song, kudos on taking another look at it 👌

sorry, just saw that I lost some text, meant to say the lyrics are great, I think it’s a great song.

Shave time off of Brutal Love and Outlaws and give it to Back in the USA. :P 

This one is for Billie. Change the last "my shallow heart's the only thing that's beating" in BOBD so it goes down lower on the "beating" like when he sings it live. He's literally sung it that way every time they've ever played it so I'm sure he wishes it was like that on the album :lol: 

8 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I would make "The Saints are Coming" into a 15 minute ordeal.   

It already feels like one. 

13 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Leave Brutal Love alone :lol:

On 3/18/2018 at 7:11 AM, Nightlife said:

Change the guitar solo in 21 Guns because it sounds too much like the Full House theme song to me :lol: 

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME

full-house-big-trouble-mister.gif

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Leave Brutal Love alone :lol:

Nevar!

Make the Miranda Lambert version of ordinary world the main version - but remove Miranda Lambert.  

2 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Make the Miranda Lambert version of ordinary world the main version - but remove Miranda Lambert.  

You know, back when Miranda Lambert became famous I had never heard of her, but people were talking about her all the time and I feel like I must have seen Miranda Lambert somewhere. So I came to this theory in my head that she was the same person as Adam Lambert, who I figured either took a new name because he was trans or just wanted to be called Miranda as a stage name, not unlike Marilyn Manson. Then I found out these are two different people. 

On 3/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, Nightlife said:

Change the guitar solo in 21 Guns because it sounds too much like the Full House theme song to me :lol: 

I've never seen the show/heard the music before, omg :lol: 

Related, I've always thought the sax solo in Jackass sounds like the old Bodyform ads (the bit that goes "whoooaaaaa Bodyform" = the beginning of the solo). But I wouldn't want that changed because it amuses me :P 

6 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

I would make Youngblood an instrumental.

I would make it an acapella

14 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I would make it an acapella

I used to like you.

5 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

I used to like you.

you still do don't front 

28 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

you still do don't front 

True, but I can pretend for effect.

Have Billie use Blue for the first half of F.O.D instead of an acoustic guitar, so it would sound like it does when they play it live.

8 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

This is a well written joke - Woody Allen would be proud, haha!

SOURCE: Woody Allen books and flms' fanatic.

Changing LYG's bridge lyrics. Over the years I've accepted the fact that Billie simply couldn't find any good lyrics for that part (evidence is from live video, Demolicious version and actual album version being all different with live version containing pure gibberish at the end of the bridge) but that doesn't mean I still like to hear over again ''always fuck fucking with my head now''. Wait what?

I love ''Stop When The Red Lights Flash'' but it's guitar simply needs more power. This same problem doesn't apply in majority of trilogy, but in this particular song it does need it.

I don't want to change anything about it, but I want to say that ''Lazy Bones'' is perfect song with nothing filler or stuff that I don't like.

After hearing AAF version of ''Christie Road'', I wish the actual studio version had Billie starting the song alone with his guitar and after first chorus then the band comes in. Atleast we have that beautiful AAF version.

Remove intro drums from ''Extraordinary Girl''. Only reason why I don't like the song.

Delete Forever Now from my head atleast. 

This is more of a guitar nerd thing, but I would've recorded some of the Kerplunk songs in standard tuning. Eb works fine on some of the songs, like One for the Razorbacks, Christie Road, 80, etc. But certain ones, like Private Ale, would work SO much better in standard! I'd do 2,000 Light Years Away in D too. There's performances where they're playing it in D (like on Radio Daze) and I think it sounds way better that way.

In Still Breathing, in the album version we can hardly hear Billie singing the chorus during the guitar interlude, while he signs it loud and so beautifully live. But since I got to hear it, in real and in several other live versions through videos, don't now if I want it to be like this on the original version as well ? I generally love all the vocal variations of Billie's compared to album versions of songs, but I also like that they are variations, precisely. :P

Apart from that, I love No One Knows, but not too much the end. But I don't really know what I would like it to sound like.

On 19/03/2018 at 1:22 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Agreed that Back In The USA is too short, but leave Brutal Love and Outlaws alone :lol:

The sound effects in "Private Ale" and "Android" annoy me, but I'm probably a small minority here.

Archived