A Green Day friday - 6 PM

deleteduser7593

I've lost so many things in 20 years. My dad. My dog. Myself. Even stuff I called ''mine'', when the reality was totally saying a different thing. Somehow, I've lost music, too. Today, near 6 PM, ''that'' bad feeling cursing me since ages came in, so I started walking 'round my empty house without a clue. A reason. Something to do. And it's a scary, tragic, dramatic sensation. That feeling of pointless un-satisfaction. Against a see-tru wall, something that's not there. So I went back in my bedroom, that space I hate to see, everyday, 24 hours but, after all, the only I place I can hide myself in feeling - sort of - ''secure''. So I put Kerplunk! on, my favourite album. Then Nimrod. Then Warning. Then Kerplunk!, again. Singing along Billie Joe, trying to replicate all of his weird vocal 90s I-don't-know-how-to-call-'em-ess. And, for 1 second, in from 7 PM to 9 PM, I felt something I forgot in times. Green Day are more than a band, to me. They're a private entity I can't touch. Not even meeting those guys. Or having sex with one of them. I love so many bands, so many albums, so many songs. But Green Day seem to be something more. Maybe a call to when I was 11 and uncoscient. And sometimes, singing those old song, without using that voice I learned to use and still doing, sounds like a reminiscence. Of something pure. But it's nightmare-ish, in that same and pure moment. So I called myself a guy that's growing up, when I notice that I'm able to say, ''It's great to have this memories'', instead of, ''It's so sad 'cause I've lost it all''. But I'm honest enough to admit that growing up isn't getting sad. That if I'm sad, it's not 'cause I'm growing up. And I grew up in the wo... better, not in the best conditions out there. But knowing that I had Green Day records force me to say that I've been the luckiest guy in the world. Then I say that I'm growing up. Or maybe I'm just accepting life. Trying it to take its marvelous sides. But I know I'll go back singing Burnout 'cause I still feel those words. I'm still paranoid. And stoned. And if Disappearing Boy it's my favourite song, maybe I'm not wrong. 'Cause I feel like I'm disappearing. Like f.s. it's going away. But what can I say? At least I've had a great soundtrack. Viva la Green Day, let's go Billie Joe.

Stay with us and keep talking. It gets better. Green Day saves, but also reach out to the people in your life.  I know it can be hard to break through that bubble. Music helps me too.

Green Day got me through the months of feeling nothing, feeling useless, breaking down from stress from school, realizing that I actually didn't have friends again and again, watching my parents both go into pits of depression so deep I didn't know if they'd come out. They got me through years of abuse, and helps me rationalize a lot of memories now-- Chump particularly. They give me a point of reference for life. And something to look forward to, to obsess over.

When you listen to songs, you feel like you know them. They're almost your friends. And I think that's because they're a part of everyone here. They represent everything. They're the soundtrack to life, a song for every mood, every emotion, every situation. 

If your life is falling apart, focus on them. Talk to them in your head until you can talk to someone in real life. They make a lot of situations wayyyy more bearable. It will get better if you have one thing to hold onto. I promise. But you to use them to look for more-- see what else you can do to feel useful.

oh and also-- it gradually gets better. The people around you do care about you. They might just not be great at showing it! 

I hope you can pull this dude and stay with us. I know Green Day have helped me a lot in the past, songs are still so important to me even now. You don't have to have had a great soundtrack, you still have a good soundtrack. 

Also I know it's a cliche but remember Billie releates with music in this way too:

BFGwdMJCAAAadna.jpg

God, I know what it's like to feel that way. I know what it's like to feel like you've lost everything, to feel like there's nothing left here for you, and to feel like everything gets worse as you get older. Tbh, Billie is the only reason I got out of bed this morning... and yesterday morning... and the morning before that. Without Green Day, I wouldn't have smiled in a long time. I know what it's like to feel like you have nothing, but then you realise that this band is everything that you'll ever need. This amazing band, with their amazing songs and the amazing people that come with it, have helped me in a way that I didn't think I could possibly be helped.

Keep listening to Green Day, keep singing your heart out. Stay strong, man, you can do this.:)

Archived