Billie Joe feat Avicii, what happened with that song?

legendary

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fan of Avicii told me last year that the song was going to be released on Avicii’s next EP in 2018.  Now I don’t know what’s going to happen.

• 11 months later...

https://pitchfork.com/news/new-avicii-album-tim-announced/

The album Avicii was working on before his death last year is set for release, his family tells The New York Times. Tim comprises near-complete songs the artist born Tim Bergling had wanted to put out, his friends tell the Times

Avicii’s family are releasing his 3rd album, an album of unreleased songs. Could the song that features Billie Joe appear on this new album?

It'd be a bittersweet listen now, but I'd still love to hear it

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Didn't see this posted. From Wikipedia itself:

On 8 September, on what would have been Avicii's 30th birthday, some unreleased songs, never meant to be heard by the public, were leaked on the internet. 2 of which features demo vocals from Tim himself, "Promises of Tears" and an early version of "No Pleasing A Woman". The latter was also sung by Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong.

And here is the song itself (dunno is it legit but still far different than what I've heard previously):

Great singing from Billie, the song is a bit uninspired (reminds a lot of wake me up) but very catchy. So beautiful to see his voice in a totally different genre and fits so well. A bit too effected and buried in the mix but I think he didn't mean to use it in an album and this is still a demo.

6 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

Great singing from Billie, the song is a bit uninspired (reminds a lot of wake me up) but very catchy. So beautiful to see his voice in a totally different genre and fits so well. A bit too effected and buried in the mix but I think he didn't mean to use it in an album and this is still a demo.

Agreed. It's cool to hear him in a new genre. It's nothing new but really very catchy. It probably wasn't meant to be finished and released, but if there was a chance of a final version, I'd be looking forward to it.  I also agree that his vocals are too low in the mix and the low-cut filter almost always sounds bad, but it's forgivable on a demo.

13 minutes ago, legendary said:

The vocals is the same that we heard before

Isn’t that because we’ve only heard it officially from one festival appearance of the song? So all the vocals that have been used are just worse quality versions of this

I wish the official/real demo version would be released. I’ve seen better attempts of trying to recreate the song on YouTube but it seems like they disappear often. 

1 hour ago, legendary said:

The vocals is the same that we heard before

I only talked about the song itself which is in far better quality than previous versions and also other elements added, such as piano which wasn't there. I researched a little bit and it seems like that version that got leaked was with Avicii's vocals so version with BJA vocals is still missing. That YT video was simply someone elses edit to add BJA vocals to Avicii version of it.

20 hours ago, Miko said:

I only talked about the song itself which is in far better quality than previous versions and also other elements added, such as piano which wasn't there. I researched a little bit and it seems like that version that got leaked was with Avicii's vocals so version with BJA vocals is still missing. That YT video was simply someone elses edit to add BJA vocals to Avicii version of it.

This is the leaked version that was played and recorded at a music festival. That’s definitely Billie Joe on Vocals. There’s thousands of people on YouTube who have tried to recreate it.

18 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

This is the leaked version that was played and recorded at a music festival. That’s definitely Billie Joe on Vocals. There’s thousands of people on YouTube who have tried to recreate it.

Yes, that's the first leak of that song. However, I noticed that almost 2 months ago version with Avicii's vocals was leaked and I had to listen it to see major differences to other fan-made versions. Lets put it like this way: newest leak isn't anywhere close to finished version. That killed my interest for potential new leaks :D

Archived