Linda Perry on feeling disrespected by Green Day during 21CB recording

Give_Me_Novacaine90

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Just because he wasn't the first person they met with doesn't mean he wasn't the front runner. I'm sure they met with several other producers after they thought of Butch Vig too. And I doubt there's any confirmation that Linda Perry was the front runner either, as she's saying in this article

When you’re going to a different city and is setting up things in the studio that typically means you have the job 

producers escp high level producers ain’t setting up shit if they didn’t get the clear 

24 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'm not trolling the forum. All I am doing is that I'm stating my opinion that it's extremely hypocritical of the band to present themselves as feminists and then disrespect a woman by treating her like this with no reason. She's as much of a professional as any male producer would be. It's not acceptable to let such behavior slide just because it's a band I like. Cheers. 

I'd love to believe that...but this just wasn't nice of them 

In my opinion this is really more of a management issue than it is the actual band of course every artists work differently but most have their manager do the dirty work of delivering bad news and also they have managers deal with that due to its business they have to sign contracts between the artists and producers so the band manager usually does that cause they have to deal with the producers manager(s) of course like I mentioned not every artist does things the same way but for the most part they usually go thru managers I see the thing simply as a miscommunication between them and that management made a mistake and now that Linda mentioned it as a answer it’s being blown up bigger than what it is 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

When you’re going to a different city and is setting up things in the studio that typically means you have the job 

producers escp high level producers ain’t setting up shit if they didn’t get the clear 

We've only heard one side of it that didn't even give any kind of proof. I'm not going to assume GD are assholes unless there's evidence of it.

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

We've only heard one side of it that didn't even give any kind of proof. I'm not going to assume GD are assholes unless there's evidence of it.

I don’t think anyone here has called them assholes or think they are assholes 

38 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

That’s wrong on Vig was always the front runner he wasn’t I know that for a FACT... 

That is true.  But once they made a final decision it was Vig. 

It was never Perry as a definite is the point.

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Sorry but unless there's actual evidence to show sexism, then it's just assumptions. This is exactly one of the reasons why modern day feminists are hated and made fun of so much. These "feminists" assume that if something bad happens to them, it's because they're a woman.

Yeah, honestly as much as I can understand the principle of internalised misogyny to a certain extent, I do think it’s hard to pinpoint in practice. Therefore, I don’t like any histeria created around these assumptions, because it often feels almost like a witch hunt, where people are going simply off their impulses and gut feelings.  Sad to see really, I mean we live in a system based primarily on innocent until proven guilty for a reason...

At least these people are being consistent when it comes to pointing out ‘’sexism’’, not like the hypocritical fans that keep defending their particular band, but are keen to attack other artists for similar reasons. But I simply don’t think this is enough information/evidence to go off! This isn’t me defending GD, I am just generally more wary of assumptions or anecdotal claims in any context. 

I will also say this: I am very left-wing politically, but I still have strong disagreements with various other left wing groups, such as third-wave feminists and intersectionalists. I don’t think that disqualifies me from being a GD fan though, because GD aren’t about exclusion, but rather inclusion and this extends / or should extend to politics to a certain degree...

37 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, sure, as you and @Billie Hoe continue to circle-jerk on each other's posts. :P 

hqdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yeah, honestly as much as I can understand the principle of internalised misogyny to a certain extent, I do think it’s hard to pinpoint in practice. Therefore, I don’t like any histeria created around these assumptions, because it often feels almost like a witch hunt, where people are going simply off their impulses and gut feelings.  Sad to see really, I mean we live in a system based primarily on innocent until proven guilty for a reason...

At least these people are being consistent when it comes to pointing out ‘’sexism’’, not like the hypocritical fans that keep defending their particular band, but are keen to attack other artists for similar reasons. But I simply don’t think this is enough information/evidence to go off! This isn’t me defending GD, I am just generally more wary of assumptions or anecdotal claims in any context. 

I will also say this: I am very left-wing politically, but I still have strong disagreements with various other left wing groups, such as third-way feminists and intersectionalists. I don’t think that disqualifies me from being a GD fan though, because GD aren’t about exclusion, but rather inclusion and this extends / or should extend to politics to a certain degree...

Yeah there's really just no way of making a strong judgement when we've heard one side of an incomplete story and even Perry herself hasn't made a strong judgement. Juicy bit of gossip I suppose but that's about it.

Just now, Hermione said:

Yeah there's really just no way of making a strong judgement when we've heard one side of an incomplete story and even Perry herself hasn't made a strong judgement. Juicy bit of gossip I suppose but that's about it.

It’s not event that. It’s a former has been non blonde who produced a few pop songs lying.

Just now, LaughingClock said:

It’s not event that. It’s a former has been non blonde who produced a few pop songs lying.

That's another way to put it :lol: 

They probably didn't know how to reach her and/or assumed someone higher up would give her a call.  I'm sure they weren't being intentionally mean about it.  There were probably a lot of people WANTING to produce the follow-up to American Idiot.   Who wouldn't?  They had a ton of options, and they had to pick someone.  Everyone but Butch probably got snubbed.   A lot of probably's but you get my drift.   

They did the whole 60's-70's thing with the Tubbies, but it wasn't really The Who-sounding.  I would love for an entire Green Day record inspired directly by the sounds of The Who.  Or even throw in homages to multiple old school bands.  I say old school instead of Classic because I'm not talking 80's band, haha. 

The Beatles.  The Who. 

1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

Perry has no reason to lie and has been? 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

12 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Perry has no reason to lie and has been? 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

She might not think she’s lying but she is.  Is she your aunt or something? She is known to be sort of cray cray. Also, easy on the emojis there big guy.

1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

She might not think she’s lying but she is.  Is she your aunt or something? She is known to be sort of cray cray. Also, easy on the emojis there big guy.

No but I do know her tho were you there tho? Can’t say she’s lying 

22 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

No but I do know her tho were you there tho? Can’t say she’s lying 

What is with the pissing contests around here?

Yeah, I know her. She’s a looney, just like her friend Ms. Love.

I said above, she might not know she’s lying and therefore is just “wrong” as lying means intent but I know she didn’t think she had the gig for sure, she is just upset because she thought she would and was quite excited as AI didn’t do so bad and TCB was a feather in anyone’s cap. The chances of them actually using her to product the follow up to AI was at its greatest maybe 5%.

Now if you would like to continue this conversation, you’re on your own.

4 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

What is with the pissing contests around here?

Yeah, I know her. She’s a looney, just like her friend Ms. Love.

I said above, she might not know she’s lying and therefore is just “wrong” as lying means intent but I know she didn’t think she had the gig for sure, she is just upset because she thought she would and was quite excited as AI didn’t do so bad and TCB was a feather in anyone’s cap. The chances of them actually using her to product the follow up to AI was at its greatest maybe 5%.

Now if you would like to continue this conversation, you’re on your own.

I didn’t ask if you knew her did I?

8 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I didn’t ask if you knew her did I?

Why are you even asking me that?

Just use the smell test. Who would be more likely to produce the follow up to AI (when they could have their pick of the litter).

Perry, the chick from 4nonBlondes who produced a couple pop tracks for the likes of Stefani, Love,  James Blunt and a couple others.

The only reason she was even being considered is because she was being heavily pushed by Joan Jett who Billie has a close relationship with.

OR 

the guy that made one of the best rock albums of the 90s and maybe of all time in Nevermind, Foo Fighters, Soul Asylum, Sonic Youth, Foo Fighters and much more?

This was a thing when it happened and she was never in much consideration at all. Believe me or not. It really doesn’t matter to me and this time I am just really out of this conversation.

There was no sexism. There was never even much of anything with her. She is nuts. 

6 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Why are you even asking me that?

Just use the smell test. Who would be more likely to produce the follow up to AI (when they could have their pick of the litter).

Perry, the chick from 4nonBlondes who produced a couple pop tracks for the likes of Stefani, Love,  James Blunt and a couple others.

The only reason she was even being considered is because she was being heavily pushed by Joan Jett who Billie has a close relationship with.

OR 

the guy that made one of the best rock albums of the 90s and maybe of all time in Nevermind, Foo Fighters, Soul Asylum, Sonic Youth, Foo Fighters and much more?

This was a thing when it happened and she was never in much consideration at all. Believe me or not. It really doesn’t matter to me and this time I am just really out of this conversation.

There was no sexism. There was never even much of anything with her. She is nuts. 

Again I didn’t ask if YOU knew her I said I knew her nowhere does I mean YOU since you’re saying I’m asking you if you know her show me where I asked you cause I have not asked you that at all... 

and Perry has written and produced for ALOT more than just a few pop songs...

Maybe when they stopped calling her back she should have gone to her window and screamed at the top of her lungs "HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAYYYEAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAA! What's going on?!?!?!?"

Maybe she’s just bitter and is trying to play the ‘because I’m a woman’ card to justify her resentment? It’s more likely just a throw away comment kind of thing, at the end of the day business is business and the band probably don’t pay attention to gender or anything because it’s not an issue.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Not to quote Linda Perry or anything but WHAT'S going on?! 

This post deserves love

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

Again I didn’t ask if YOU knew her I said I knew her nowhere does I mean YOU since you’re saying I’m asking you if you know her show me where I asked you cause I have not asked you that at all... 

and Perry has written and produced for ALOT more than just a few pop songs...

You done yet? I know everything she’s done. Also, there is no word spelled “alot”

50 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

Maybe she’s just bitter and is trying to play the ‘because I’m a woman’ card to justify her resentment? It’s more likely just a throw away comment kind of thing, at the end of the day business is business and the band probably don’t pay attention to gender or anything because it’s not an issue.

Bingo.

2 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

You done yet? I know everything she’s done.

Bingo.

Apparently you don’t otherwise you wouldn’t said some dumb shit like a few 

Tim and I got our little thing taken care of. 

Misunderstanding. We cool. :)

2 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Excuse me?

I liked you. Don’t know what happened but ignore. Lata White Tim.

Damn you’re fast lol I edited out the last part as I shouldn’t have said that as I think we are simply misunderstanding each other 

Linda has written and produced over 150 plus songs for artists I don’t see how that’s just a “few” perhaps I’m going off technical terms 

Archived