Green Day will be featured on "In Concert" series from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

WorryRock02

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, WorryRock02 said:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: In Concert will be available April 24 as four DVDs and two Blu-rays featuring 53 live performances from the ceremonies, including Green Day

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8241048/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-in-concert

Ohhh I love this, especially because it will also include the acceptance speeches! The GD acceptance speech is probably one of my favorite videos ever, I've watched it countless times. So much crying:cry::wub:

6 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

With the full acceptance speech and performance on YouTube, I wonder if this will be worth it. It might be edited as well. Nice set though if you want a collection of all these other bands too.

I'm really excited for this! The HOF induction is one of my favorite GD moments of all time and I love their speeches. It's definitely a moment worth capturing on Blu-ray for eternity. And it'll be cool to see all the other bands too! 

It says Induction Ceremonies from 2010 to 2017 will be released. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/8241048/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-in-concert

This could also mean a Blu-Ray release of Letterbomb from the Hall of Fame 2012.

For those who want to pre-order it, have at it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Roll-Hall-2010-2017-Blu-ray/dp/B07987KGHT

Just now, Yuri Plisetsky said:

It says Induction Ceremonies from 2010 to 2017 will be released. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/8241048/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-in-concert

This could also mean a Blu-Ray release of Letterbomb from the Hall of Fame 2012.

For those who want to pre-order it, have at it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Roll-Hall-2010-2017-Blu-ray/dp/B07987KGHT

Can you rip blu-ray discs? I'll need someone to do that if I buy it

2 minutes ago, Todd said:

Can you rip blu-ray discs? I'll need someone to do that if I buy it

I still need to replace the DVD Drive on my PC with a Blu-Ray Drive. I know the software to rip it, but that's also more money.

1 minute ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

I still need to replace the DVD Drive on my PC with a Blu-Ray Drive. I know the software to rip it, but that's also more money.

Okay. I'll hold of on it for now, but I'll definitely bite the bullet if it doesn't show up on torrent sites... :ninja:

4 minutes ago, Todd said:

Okay. I'll hold of on it for now, but I'll definitely bite the bullet if it doesn't show up on torrent sites... :ninja:

Pay for the Blu-Ray ripping software and i'll do the rest. :P

I kid. :lol: But it'll be some time before I can buy all 3 things. I just spent $60 on a PS TV and Steins;Gate.

Oops, I guess I shouldn't have made Brandon record the entire thing and lose the feeling in his arms. Oh well. It's gotten a ton of views on YouTube. :lol: 

Very nice! Awesome that their moment of glory will be immortalised like that, it's a great performance too.

Sweet! I have an old Hall of Fame DVD set that I believe has them doing a Ramones set for their induction, so it'll be cool to have them doing their own induction now.

On 3/13/2018 at 12:10 PM, Todd said:

Someone remind me to buy this when it comes out :lol: 

Same. Or at least find a torrent somewhere. I'll remind you and you can remind me. One of us should remember, right? :P 

Sounds good! Would love to see Joan Jett’s set as well. 

On 3/13/2018 at 1:09 PM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oops, I guess I shouldn't have made Brandon record the entire thing and lose the feeling in his arms. Oh well. It's gotten a ton of views on YouTube. :lol: 

I do feel a little silly paying for something we technically have video of and, of course, saw in person (and I still have the HBO broadcast on my DVR) but, yknow, we're just showing the HoF that Green Day is worthy of our support, right? Right?! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Mar said:

I do feel a little silly paying for something we technically have video of and, of course, saw in person (and I still have the HBO broadcast on my DVR) but, yknow, we're just showing the HoF that Green Day is worthy of our support, right? Right?! :lol: 

Not only that, but the circulating HBO source is only 720p.

Interesting although I am little surprised to see this as I can’t believe there is that big an interest.  Some of the artists aren’t there so would even their mega fans want it?  Also, I wonder if it’s the full speeches or the abridged ones they already broadcast, I assume it will be the latter?

• Hermione unpinned this topic
On 3/13/2018 at 11:32 AM, Todd said:

I got you, Todd :)

Archived