The Longshot

Beerjeezus

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so excited, no matter what it's for... I wonder if it's some originals, and some remastered tracks from GD and Foxboro Hot Tubs? Well, whatever. I'm thrilled.

Why do they always have to speak in code :lol: 

This all looks really interesting, I can't wait to find what it's all about (hoping that 'eventually' is actually 'soon')

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

"Eventually is earlier than you think" is the new "#soon" :happy:

There will never be a new #soon

I'm gonna be skeptical on this until anything happens. 

I can't see the photos, it says 3rd party hosting has been temporaily disabled and the account is locked. :(

I can't see them either, but even from what I can see, it certainly looks like Billie has something going on, little tease! Agreed, it wont be GD but if it keeps him/them occupied and music focussed, we can only hope for good things.  Patience people ;)

Huh... strange that they aren’t working. Photobucket is new to me. Does Flickr work better for sharing images on here? 

To answer the comments question about the 🤐 emoji: someone just said “hey it’s me! Your first fan.” And the reply: 🤐 That is the only reply to comments. 

9 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Huh... strange that they aren’t working. Photobucket is new to me. Does Flickr work better for sharing images on here? 

To answer the comments question about the 🤐 emoji: someone just said “hey it’s me! Your first fan.” And the reply: 🤐 That is the only reply to comments. 

I think Flickr should work. Photobucket has some extra level of account required for 3rd party hosting I think. Anyway, if you wouldn’t mind I would love to see the photos too.

15 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Try Imgur.

Oh my god why are they always so sneaky :lol:. Be interesting to see what comes of this :sherlock: 

Billie, if you’re reading this, open the account up again and let us share in the fun 🤪😉😘

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Oh my god why are they always so sneaky :lol:. Be interesting to see what comes of this :sherlock: 

Why can’t they just announce things like other bands? 😂. I agree with people who are saying this looks to be either the coverups or another side project. I don’t know how Billie keeps up with this, writing for Green Day, working with his sons’ bands (they’re both recording new music) and supposedly the HBO AI thing? I’m exhausted just thinking about it.

It'd be cool if this was Pinhead Gunpowder part 2 but I have a feeling it will have a more rock n roll vibe. either way, I'm excited

I can’t help but think the fact that it’s called ‘the longshot’ is just a piss take and it’s ironic because it really would be a longshot to think anything new could be out this fast. 

All I know is that I don't know nuthin'!...

I do know this though- I listen to the side projects as much as the formal band material, sometimes more. So if there happens to be a random side project drop in the next few months- well, that's solid gold. Some of the PHGP/ Network/ FBHT material has been incredible and well worthy of full fledged GD release (in fact, some of it was purposed for GD originally). We shall see what we get- but if we get anything at all it will be an insanely awesome surprise.  

Gotta love this band- we are so lucky. Even if nothing comes out of this, between all the albums and side projects we've been given an unbelievable quantity of great material over the years. If this happens again my head will explode.

To be honest, I'm really surprised. I was just expecting a Coverups Record!! Interested in Body Bag especially!!

Part of me wishes some of the side projects WERE official Green Day releases. I feel like they shy away from associating the GD brand if the music is to experimental or different, and they just slap a different band name on it. Honestly, Stop Drop and Roll is a top 5 (at least) Green Day album and is literally Green Day with a different name. If we never get an outside-the-box GD record, I hope we at least get some more risky music in side project form.

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Part of me wishes some of the side projects WERE official Green Day releases. I feel like they shy away from associating the GD brand if the music is to experimental or different, and they just slap a different band name on it. Honestly, Stop Drop and Roll is a top 5 (at least) Green Day album and is literally Green Day with a different name. If we never get an outside-the-box GD record, I hope we at least get some more risky music in side project form.

That's a good point. It's weird how after Warning, which was something of a departure for them, and then relatively big changes with AI and Breakdown, that they seem to be all too willing to box themselves in under the Green Day name. I wonder if that's because they want to play smaller shows without all the fanfare and expectations of greatest hits sets every night or if it's something to do with the record label. 

Wow, so I guess we all know that’s Billie’s dad in the first pic so at least we know he’s involved.  

I agree with @TimmyChunks I listen to side projects almost as much as GD, think it’s my cover so I can say I was listening to something else lol.

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

It's kind of not though because they did take on totally different personas when performing live as FBHT to the point it really wasn't like seeing GD at all. Plus it was necessary to be under a different name in order to play those tiny shows in a low key way. I think with FBHT and The Network there was a point to being a different band/having a different name. But when it's stuff like just playing covers or other things that aren't a big concept/different characters etc I agree with you, they should feel free to do whatever they want as Green Day.

I'd be more excited about this thing if there was just slightly more info. As it is we know, like, nothing so it's not that fun :P 

On 3/13/2018 at 5:39 AM, jengd said:

Wow, so I guess we all know that’s Billie’s dad in the first pic so at least we know he’s involved.

Um.. Yeah, about that.

R-3294180-1433827331-7241.jpeg.jpg

Ah, fuck. Nevermind, I just realized what you were trying to say-

4 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

The account accepted my request.  :runaround: and a couple of photos were posted recently

https://imgur.com/RQEOwDj

Captioned: More to Come

https://imgur.com/CGoTJfz

Lucky!  Mine looks like it's still pending. :cry:  Thanks for sharing the posts.  

When the side projects are as good as Green Day's have been, I'm happy to have them.   I don't think it means they don't want to experiment as Green Day, they've experimented plenty by going from a punk sound to folk rock, rock opera, classic rock, power pop, etc.  Pinhead isn't really a GD side project, it's just Billie's and Aaron is primarily the songwriter so that is different from The Network and FBHT.   Those albums were deliberate escapes from Green Day pressures so there was a reason for doing them that way.   I think it's okay for them to get to decide what is a Green Day album and what isn't.  They may have a lot of artistic freedom at this stage, and they've always done what they wanted, but side projects are a great way to try anything and avoid the pressure of messing with "the brand" too much.  It's not a dirty word.

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived