The Longshot

Beerjeezus

4 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

@Laura! I'll never forget the time he trolled that jerk fan who was basically trampling you in Detroit by pretending to give him his guitar pick, but then giving it to you instead. :lol: 

This is amazing :lol: I love Mike. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, at the last couple shows I've been to, I've had way more fun watching Mike than watching Billie because he just seems so damn genuine and happy all the time, while Billie is routinely rehearsed. Mike interacts with the crowd constantly and is the complete opposite of serious!

@Laura! I'll never forget the time he trolled that jerk fan who was basically trampling you in Detroit by pretending to give him his guitar pick, but then giving it to you instead. :lol: 

Oh god, he was so creepy! That moment made it all worth it in the end! I think i “accidentally” stepped on that guys foot more than once. :lol:

But yeah, Mike is the greatest at shows. :wub: 

*adds "@Admiral_Needa best overall contributor don't @ me " to 2018 awards notes* Thank you so much for filming and sharing!!! And yes obviously we need Funny Billie Content please. :D 

Having a serious case of the feels right now. I haven't listened to Green Day much the past few months, (naturally) felt a bit whatever, but after the EP came out and especially right now watching these videos with Billie having so much fun on stage it's taking me right back to last summer, and remembering just how much joy and love that weird little man can spread with his music. Love him :wub: and love The Longshot almost even in a would-consider-travelling-if-they-were-to-pop-up-in-the-UK kinda way  :wub: :sherlock: 

Edit: also STAY THE NIGHT for fuck's sake I can't even

On 16/04/2018 at 8:26 PM, Kyle Serlington said:

That comment about Tre and Mike needing to step it up is totally absurd. Tre's drumming on Revrad was great, that solo in Bang Bang still makes me smile every time I hear it!

I love everything about Billie alone enough for the 3 of them, but I can definitely see, especially when they're playing live, that Green Day is the whole 3 of Billie, Mike and Tre. Some people who didn't know Green day and to whom I showed even one video were noticing Mike and Tre practically as much as Billie.

On 17/04/2018 at 12:00 PM, herewegoagain said:

As for Body Bag I can't even remember hearing it in the movie (#fakefan). 

Same ;) I think I was too absorbed by the movie. The only song I really remembered was Ordinary World and it's still my fave of the 3 in the movie. Body Bag is the big second. Those live performances of that song from the Longshot shows are so good :wub: the way Billie sings "sometimes it ain't so hard" live makes me melt...He has an orgasmic voice yeah, while I don't mind at all the "sugary" voice -as someone said- in the recorded version, to me it's just another side of his very rich voice and I like it better with all these variations. Since the debate came in once more, I don't think he uses the filters because he finds his current singing voice too weak : he ain't deaf to find his live voice bad, it has never been better, while he knows it doesn't sound exactly like the studio version. I think he uses the "filters" or whatever on the recording because it works fine too and bring a different effect than live. (though I'll personally always prefer his live, live, live voice above anything)

On 17/04/2018 at 8:41 PM, Nightlife said:

I'm so excited 'cause I've managed to NOT look at the video footage of the songs that haven't been released yet. It's been hard but I think it's gonna be worth it to hear the songs for the first time in studio quality :wub:

I admire you! I couldn't help but viewing all those videos, because it's just the best closeness and angle ever to see Billie playing! (I'm kinda of amazed that @Admiral_Needa can take videos which such a great sight... if I ever see Billie playing that close with my own eyes, that would be too precious to film. Since I'm not for now, I'm far from complaining for these videos though. Add my thanks to everyone else's)

18 hours ago, disappearingfs said:

I wish but.. I'm from Italy, I don't know how much expensive the shipping would be... :(

Curse you, I asked you two times if you were from France and you didn't answer, and now I read that you're not while responding to someone else :fuckyou: :lol:

6 hours ago, Zebahar said:

So we got Stay the Night and Fell for You. How about Dirty Rotten Bastards at the next show?

How about Walk Away since he sang a bit of it at the end of one of the November GD shows ? :wub: It may be my 2nd fave from the trilogy

4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

The Longshot makes it so obvious that trilogy would have worked so much better as a side project. 

If you're right, I think it's a shame. I think the trilogy are better on Green Day. Besides, the Green Day live performances of the trilogy songs in 2013 were absolutely badass. :wub:

Ok, here's my ranking of the 5 studio songs we've got so far:

1. Chasing a Ghost

2. Love is For Losers

3. Body Bag

4. Taxi Driver

5. Kill Your Friends.

Knowing that it was hard because I love them all. :wub: I wish I had a car to blast them in repeat while driving.

Now I'm mostly waiting for a studio version of Happiness. I can't stop watching the video of the 1234go records performance of it. I listened to it in repeat all day. I started yesterday evening and it filled me with strong, deep emotions, and during the night I dreamed of places and stuff that were filled with the same emotions, I could still picture them in my head when waking up. That hadn't happened to me for some time, remembering my dreams, missing the feeling of it - and this time I could just get back to it when listening to the song again. So please Billie release Happiness next :runaround:

7 hours ago, Junior_Spidey said:

What i think is, these songs are Trilogy songs Alternatives. Like,

Stay the Night/Chasing a Ghost.

Makeout Party/Devil’s kind

8th avenue seranade/ Taxi Driver

Lazy Bones/ Kill your Friends

Sweet 16/ love is for losers

I rather like to see them as some sort of b-side of some songs, because they talk about some similar subjects, but in another phase or moment of those themes. For example, Love is for Losers can be linked with Oh Love. Both go around the concept of love within a relationship, the first is around the heartbroken phase, the last is when you are waiting for something/someone to ease that pain.

Same with KYF and Nuclear Family. To me both are around facing the life with the best of moods. Nuclear Family sets up that mentality. Kill Your Friends, after all the bad shit going on, we can still smiling.

My two cents

Billie at the longshot concerts looks very healthy and younger than ever before, sometimes he looks like he's in a bad shape or it just depends on how a photo is taken. but at the concerts when the camera zooms in on his face I immediately see Billie from the 90s, without any change, without any wrinkle :D Sometimes I think he really ages backwards

Cult Hero is, quite simply, one of the best songs I've ever heard. I'm trying to figure it the lyrics; anyone want to help out? Here's what I have:

I am the (patron?) of the story never told

I am the longest shot in town

(…)

I am the unsung of the crowds

I am the hyena at the dog and pony show

I'm the last of the last unknowns

Cause I don’t wanna be your cult hero

I got my darkest secrets and whispers of the moon

Where all the stars haven’t aligned

(…)

(…)

I’m the last of the last unknowns

Cause I don’t wanna be, oh

3 hours ago, squashie09 said:

I'm liking Body Bag more in a live setting than the studio version. I think it has to do with the vocals. 

@Admiral_Needa your videos are awesome. Please post as many as you have (and the funny one). 

Thanks for your comments! :ga:

Here are all the remaining ones I have, except for Dead Sound. Hope you enjoy them! BTW, the person who got the selfie in the funny video was next to us in line, so everybody was happy for her :toocool:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

My imagination tells me that BJ wanted Mike and Tré for Longshot, but they declined as they are spending quality time with their families :lol:

8 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

Cult Hero is, quite simply, one of the best songs I've ever heard. I'm trying to figure it the lyrics; anyone want to help out? Here's what I have:

I am the leader of the (…)

Leader of the dog and pony show? 

Also, the band name is in the lyrics, WOW!

Record Store Day release sounds like just a re-release of the single vinyl. When is this record ever going to drop?

25 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

I am the (patron?) of the story never told

I am the longest shot in town

(…)

I am the unsung of the crowds

I got my darkest secrets and whispers of the moon

Where all the stars haven’t aligned

(…)

(…)

Cause I don’t wanna be, oh

One line is “I am the hyena at the dog and pony show” because he quoted it on IG

And thank you once again @Admiral_Needa for the great video. I was wondering if you were going to put the clips into a show playlist like you did with the last one so I can easily save it and play them all? 🙏 

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And thank you once again @Admiral_Needa for the great video. I was wondering if you were going to put the clips into a show playlist like you did with the last one so I can easily save it and play them all? 🙏 

No problem! Here is the playlist, cheers! :ga:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

I love everything about Billie alone enough for the 3 of them, but I can definitely see, especially when they're playing live, that Green Day is the whole 3 of Billie, Mike and Tre. Some people who didn't know Green day and to whom I showed even one video were noticing Mike and Tre practically as much as Billie.

Same ;) I think I was too absorbed by the movie. The only song I really remembered was Ordinary World and it's still my fave of the 3 in the movie. Body Bag is the big second. Those live performances of that song from the Longshot shows are so good :wub: the way Billie sings "sometimes it ain't so hard" live makes me melt...He has an orgasmic voice yeah, while I don't mind at all the "sugary" voice -as someone said- in the recorded version, to me it's just another side of his very rich voice and I like it better with all these variations. Since the debate came in once more, I don't think he uses the filters because he finds his current singing voice too weak : he ain't deaf to find his live voice bad, it has never been better, while he knows it doesn't sound exactly like the studio version. I think he uses the "filters" or whatever on the recording because it works fine too and bring a different effect than live. (though I'll personally always prefer his live, live, live voice above anything)

I admire you! I couldn't help but viewing all those videos, because it's just the best closeness and angle ever to see Billie playing! (I'm kinda of amazed that @Admiral_Needa can take videos which such a great sight... if I ever see Billie playing that close with my own eyes, that would be too precious to film. Since I'm not for now, I'm far from complaining for these videos though. Add my thanks to everyone else's)

Curse you, I asked you two times if you were from France and you didn't answer, and now I read that you're not while responding to someone else :fuckyou: :lol:

How about Walk Away since he sang a bit of it at the end of one of the November GD shows ? :wub: It may be my 2nd fave from the trilogy

If you're right, I think it's a shame. I think the trilogy are better on Green Day. Besides, the Green Day live performances of the trilogy songs in 2013 were absolutely badass. :wub:

Ok, here's my ranking of the 5 studio songs we've got so far:

1. Chasing a Ghost

2. Love is For Losers

3. Body Bag

4. Taxi Driver

5. Kill Your Friends.

Knowing that it was hard because I love them all. :wub: I wish I had a car to blast them in repeat while driving.

Now I'm mostly waiting for a studio version of Happiness. I can't stop watching the video of the 1234go records performance of it. I listened to it in repeat all day. I started yesterday evening and it filled me with strong, deep emotions, and during the night I dreamed of places and stuff that were filled with the same emotions, I could still picture them in my head when waking up. That hadn't happened to me for some time, remembering my dreams, missing the feeling of it - and this time I could just get back to it when listening to the song again. So please Billie release Happiness next :runaround:

OHHH SORRY, haha! Yeah, I've been in France :-)

Okay, the Longshot's last Insta post with the announce of the next gig this Friday has done it. I want to buy a ticket (in less than in an hour the tickets will be available to buy, if I understand well) and the plane trip. I'm laying right now in my next-to-Paris studio couch and ready to be in Albany, California in 2 days by all means. I want too much to see that :wub: and missing this Friday at work might be possible. Can someone tell me where I must buy a ticket fast enough, before all the tickets get sold out? On the website of the Ivy Room? And if I manage, would one of you living near host me for the night from Friday to Saturday?

31 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

Okay, the Longshot's last Insta post with the announce of the next gig this Friday has done it. I want to buy a ticket (in less than in an hour the tickets will be available to buy, if I understand well) and the plane trip. I'm laying right now in my next-to-Paris studio couch and ready to be in Albany, California in 2 days by all means. I want too much to see that :wub: and missing this Friday at work might be possible. Can someone tell me where I must buy a ticket fast enough, before all the tickets get sold out? On the website of the Ivy Room? And if I manage, would one of you living near host me for the night from Friday to Saturday?

Here: 

https://ivyroom.ticketfly.com/

I do NOT live in Oakland or anywhere near it, but ticket site above.

Got a ticket in my cart. If you want it, please let me know in the next 9mins 

1 minute ago, Plankfan said:

Got a ticket in my cart. If you want it, please let me know in the next 9mins 

How is that possible, when I click now it says "none available"

Just now, Kuromignonne said:

How is that possible, when I click now it says "none available"

Clicked it right at the hour lol

1 minute ago, Plankfan said:

Clicked it right at the hour lol

Yeah me too... are you suggesting there were as many clicks as number of tickets by the second :lol:

Yeah I want it

1 minute ago, Kuromignonne said:

Yeah me too... are you suggesting there were as many clicks as number of tickets by the second :lol:

Yeah I want it

oof just saw it needs matching ID for will call pickup  :(

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived