The Longshot

Beerjeezus

The Longshot makes it so obvious that trilogy would have worked so much better as a side project. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More live Longshot videos, spoilered because there's several of them:

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I admit it feels a little weird, you can almost imagine him without them. But as long as Mike and Tre are okay with it it’s all good. I trust the level of respect they have for each other that Billie wouldn’t do this without their support. And he’s said a thousand times he would never leave Green Day but I guess things like this show he so easily could that people still wonder. 

That’s not the thing. They won’t be able to play it well! David was almost copying Tre while playing Stay the night. And you think Jeff can handle the basslines and Bass solo on DRB? 

4 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

That’s not the thing. They won’t be able to play it well! David was almost copying Tre while playing Stay the night. And you think Jeff can handle the basslines and Bass solo on DRB? 

I've always been iffy about having Jeff around, but if he is able to pull off that bass solo in DRB, I will accept him with open arms

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Really really unlikely, although if they do I'll be there

Yeah, me too. It happened with the Hot Tubs!

22 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

David was almost copying Tre while playing Stay the night.

He jumped the gun on the drum roll going into the second verse at 2:15 and threw everyone off. Not that Tre's never made a mistake, but that one was pretty jarring.

5 minutes ago, Stan Dellone said:

He jumped the gun on the drum roll going into the second verse at 2:15 and threw everyone off. Not that Tre's never made a mistake, but that one was pretty jarring.

This is like, literally stuck in my head. This very performance 🙊

15 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

This is like, literally stuck in my head. This very performance 🙊

I'ts not the original speed, you can tell it watching guys' un-natual movements... :P

1 minute ago, disappearingfs said:

I'ts not the original speed, you can tell it watching guys' un-natual movements... :P

The guy who uploaded the video speeded it up, that's what I meant... :-)

Hey @desertrose (and anyone else posting videos/photos) if you're including several videos or Instagram posts in a post could you spoiler them? Some people are finding their page loads slowly with so many on each page.

Also everyone quoting posts containing videos or images please remember to delete them from the quote, for the same reason.

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

The Longshot makes it so obvious that trilogy would have worked so much better as a side project. 

Or that when Green Day fans put their guard down, good things can happen. 

Just now, ¡Nunes! said:

Or that when Green Day fans put their guard down, good things can happen. 

Yeah maybe. One thing I'm sure of is that gdc would be bitching so hard if the longshot tracks were being released as green day. With it being a side band, it's just the vocal filters talk but people would lose their chill if this was a gd album just like with trilogy 

34 minutes ago, Stan Dellone said:

He also missed half of the drum fill in the bridge, but I can't help but enjoy the other guitar player smiling during this song (seeing as how it's a really happy song) .. As much as I love Mike and Jason, they are very serious dudes that don't crack genuine smiles too often 😏

13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah maybe. One thing I'm sure of is that gdc would be bitching so hard if the longshot tracks were being released as green day. With it being a side band, it's just the vocal filters talk but people would lose their chill if this was a gd album just like with trilogy 

That's pretty much how I feel tbh

14 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

He also missed half of the drum fill in the bridge, but I can't help but enjoy the other guitar player smiling during this song (seeing as how it's a really happy song) .. As much as I love Mike and Jason, they are very serious dudes that don't crack genuine smiles too often 😏

This is blasphemy - Mike is literally the least serious dude ever. 

29 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

The guy who uploaded the video speeded it up, that's what I meant... :-)

Nope. That’s sort of original speed. If you check the song in the two hour long video. They go freakin nuts when they play live! 

13 hours ago, Justin1 said:

I agree it's nice to see the smiling but disagree that Mike and Jason are very serious dudes. Jason's chill and not grinning all over the place on stage much but you can still see him smiling to himself and enjoying playing, and Mike is constantly pulling faces, winking/smiling at the crowd and having a whale of a time. I think a small venue like that is just generally better for seeing the band member's enjoyment of the show and smiling at each other etc than a big show.

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I agree it's nice to see the smiling but disagree that Mike and Jason are very serious dudes. Jason's chill and not grinning all over place on stage much but you can still see him smiling to himself and enjoying playing, and Mike is constantly pulling faces, winking/smiling at the crowd and having a whale of a time. I think a small venue like that is just generally better for seeing the band member's enjoyment of the show and smiling at each other etc than a big show.

Agree! With Billie sort of passing between  Mike’s legs in Basketcase. It’s fun to watch them being immature on stage. 

Can we just have more of this please between Billie and Kevin? (I’m sorry I just had to) C’mon guys, lose your shit :lol:

Hey all, here's a picture of the setlist and some more videos. I also have a rather funny video of Billie Joe chatting with the fans after the show in case anybody wants to see, with him autographing a fan's vinyl by holding the sharpie in his mouth, lol, but it's a bit hard to see anything because the lighting is so dark.

Fan: Hey Billie, can I get a picture?

Billie Joe: NOOOOOOOOO! Just kidding... (proceeds to pose for a selfie, lol) :ga:

Spoiler

yW7jvEv.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

Ohh please post the funny video

I second that 👍

I'm liking Body Bag more in a live setting than the studio version. I think it has to do with the vocals. 

@Admiral_Needa your videos are awesome. Please post as many as you have (and the funny one). 

1 hour ago, Justin1 said:

:o Mike is like the king of cute/silly faces and smiles

tumblr_ms3f6fV7dz1rasmb4o1_250.gif

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

This is blasphemy - Mike is literally the least serious dude ever. 

Yeah, at the last couple shows I've been to, I've had way more fun watching Mike than watching Billie because he just seems so damn genuine and happy all the time, while Billie is routinely rehearsed. Mike interacts with the crowd constantly and is the complete opposite of serious!

@Laura! I'll never forget the time he trolled that jerk fan who was basically trampling you in Detroit by pretending to give him his guitar pick, but then giving it to you instead. :lol: 

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived