The Longshot

Beerjeezus

54 minutes ago, Chuckk said:

I knew Love is for losers reminds me of something. It's waiting! I quickly recorded the Waiting riff over it :D

If you want to to play this game you have to go back to ‘64 :lol:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

can anyone explain me the meaning of body bag?

47 minutes ago, straighttohell said:

seems to me like its about a shitty apathetic guy in a shitty apathetic relationship...

While every song is open to interpretation, I don’t get that exactly from Body Bag. To me it’s like a darkly funny twist on Ordinary World. He’s at home, living a routine, domestic life and is content (“sometimes it ain’t so bad”) but bored (“like a soul lies on a slab”). Life in a body bag is just existing but feeling nothing and not really living. 

4 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

But whining about the use of vocal filters isn’t gonna change the fact that there’s fucking vocal filters. Discussing what the songs sound like is interesting because people have different interpretations 🤷🏼‍♀️

People mentioning their likes and dislikes about the songs is relevant to the discussion so I don't see any point in telling people to stop talking about it. You may find it annoying but just ignore it then. As I said I don't care for everything people discuss either but it's not hard to deal with. Just scroll past it and/or change the subject lol. 

On topic when do you guys think the music video will get released? 

26 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I don't get people saying "uugghhhh let's not discuss this or that!!!!". If it's about the music then yes, let's discuss it. Personally I don't care about which old GD songs sound similar to The Longshot ones but I'd never tell people to not talk about it because it's relevant for the discussion whether I care about it or not. 

On topic Kill Your Friends and Taxi Driver are so insanely catchy. I can't get them out of my head for even a second and I love it. The weekend can't come soon enough, I need that full length version of Happiness! 

Is happiness due to drop this weekend??

1 minute ago, Nightlife said:

People mentioning their likes and dislikes about the songs is relevant to the discussion so I don't see any point in telling people to stop talking about it. You may find it annoying but just ignore it then. As I said I don't care for everything people discuss either but it's not hard to deal with. Just scroll past it and/or change the subject lol. 

On topic when do you guys think the music video will get released? 

With the album which I’m hoping is Saturday.

Just now, Tyler96 said:

Is happiness due to drop this weekend??

It seems the album is gonna come out then yes :happy:

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With the album which I’m hoping is Saturday.

YES I was hoping for this but wasn't sure if that's too soon considering when they shot it. I bet it's a really simplistic video though so it'll probably happen! 

1 minute ago, Nightlife said:

Yeah it is relevant but like I said, whining doesn’t change anything and like 50% of this thread is moaning about what the vocals sound like and it seems pointless. I’m dealing with it very well. I’ve only cried about it like 3 times today.

23 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

While every song is open to interpretation, I don’t get that exactly from Body Bag. To me it’s like a darkly funny twist on Ordinary World. He’s at home, living a routine, domestic life and is content (“sometimes it ain’t so bad”) but bored (“like a soul lies on a slab”). Life in a body bag is just existing but feeling nothing and not really living. 

thats even better! nice one. thats kind of what i meant, but you articulated it perfectly...

I'd rather read a debate of the vocal effects than a debate of the debate of the vocal effects. :confused:

Ok I don’t give a shit anymore. Vocal filters are a disgrace.

1: Chasing a Ghost

2: Love is for Losers

3: Kill Your Friends

4: Taxi Driver

5: Body Bag (I've only listened to it once but it may grow on me)

8 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

1: Chasing a Ghost

2: Love is for Losers

3: Kill Your Friends

4: Taxi Driver

5: Body Bag (I've only listened to it once but it may grow on me)

I'm still intrigued to hear which song has the Longview style beat that was released in that clip. 

Its turn me loose

Kinda getting this feeling that I should become the founder of the 'The Longshot - Unpopular Opinions' Thread - I think that 'Chasing A Ghost' is the 'worst' and 'Taxi Driver' the best song of the released material. But besides that, I think that these songs really need their time to grow on one. 

'Body Bag' is a song that's really interesting and deserves respect 'cause it's kinda weird - reminds me of Biffy's 'Re-Arrange' because of obvious reasons.. and Beatles of course.

1. Chasing A Ghost (8.5/10)
2. Love Is For Losers (7.5/10)
3. Kill Your Friends (7/10)
4. Body Bag (6.5/10)
5. Taxi Driver (6/10)

Body Bag was never a song I cared for and this version is basically the same. Taxi Driver really doesn't have much going for it except its pretty catchy chorus, Love Is For Losers and Kill Your Friends are decent tracks but nothing spectacular and Chasing A Ghost is probably the only song I can see myself listening to regularly in the future

I'm so excited 'cause I've managed to NOT look at the video footage of the songs that haven't been released yet. It's been hard but I think it's gonna be worth it to hear the songs for the first time in studio quality :wub:

I absolutely love Kill Your Friends but it's basically X-Kid for the verses, Stay The Night for the chorus and Lazy Bones for the bridge haha

2 minutes ago, Johnny Higher said:

I absolutely love Kill Your Friends but it's basically X-Kid for the verses, Stay The Night for the chorus and Lazy Bones for the bridge haha

So, a combination of three good songs?

I did the math, and a good song + a good song + a good song = A good song!

I really really love Body Bag if Devil's Kind ends up on the album I'll be the happiest boy in theeeeee world!

1 minute ago, inthehallwaynow said:

I really really love Body Bag if Devil's Kind ends up on the album I'll be the happiest boy in theeeeee world!

Isn't it comfirmed that it'll end up on the album? I thought it was since it was on the list of songs posted @ The Longshots insta + played at their first show!

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Isn't it comfirmed that it'll end up on the album? I thought it was since it was on the list of songs posted @ The Longshots insta + played at their first show!

Just wanted to hold my breath until I got the real thing hahah I believe you though! I'm just paranoid.

5 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

Just wanted to hold my breath until I got the real thing hahah I believe you though! I'm just paranoid.

Well I guess you can never be too sure when it comes to Billie *cough* FOREVER NOW MUSIC VIDEO AND TRIOLOGY REMIXES *cough*.. Lol all jokes aside I can see how you're uncertain Devil's Kind will be there until it's actually released, even though there's some proof provided that it will be. I get that way too when it's something I really want and Billos previous bullshit doesn't exactly help :lol:

54 minutes ago, Johnny Higher said:

The bridge reminds me more of I Want Revenge by The Boo. 

I like it, but I'm still not nuts about about Body Bag. And I really hope that Devil's Kind was re-recorded. I remember being totally into it when the live cellphone video was leaked, but then ended up disappointed with the studio version. Still looking forward to Turn Me Loose and Soul Surrender. 

I think I've changed my mind about the vocal filters, I actually enjoyed them on these two new songs at least. It gives the songs a different vibe that I think fits the songs well. And I love Body Bag so very much! 

Pretty sure it's been mentioned but there are parts of Kill Your Friends that sound the same as parts of Lazy Bones, maybe these songs were written at the same time, so it's like a b-side.

16 hours ago, disappearingfs said:

I think ''Body Bag'' is one of the best Green D... Ehm, Billie Joe songs. Like... ever! :P

same tbh 

It's different and sort of creepy I love it so much hahah

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived