The Longshot

Beerjeezus

6 minutes ago, Smoldering Panda said:

I liken it to when the Hot Tubs and the Network were around, a few music videos and a CD. :happy: 

It all fits the pattern of the previous side projects too with the timing coming after a hit album or before the making of something really big to act as a breather inbetween and give them time to prepare. It makes me really excited to think of the next Green Day album after this because the side projects get them all energized and I have the feeling it’s going to be more ambitious than RevRad.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It all fits the pattern of the previous side projects too with the timing coming after a hit album or before the making of something really big to act as a breather inbetween and give them time to prepare. It makes me really excited to think of the next Green Day album after this because the side projects get them all energized and I have the feeling it’s going to be more ambitious than RevRad.

It's like the lead singer has never understood the concept of a break. :lol: 

I like to think of Billie as a t-Rex, great at being loud but when it comes to anything with modern technology, flails like a child with no hands. :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Smoldering Panda said:

I like to think of Billie as a t-Rex, great at being loud but when it comes to anything with modern technology, flails like a child with tiny little hands. :lol: 

Fixed that for you 😁

Getting some major Nimrod vibes from those live videos at 1234 Go! Records.

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The main two were before and after American Idiot, which makes sense. 

And I agree, it reenergizes and inspires them.   

The Network were a part of what built American Idiot. 

The Tubbies were part of Breakdown and the trilogy. 

Now we have The Longshot which is going to lay the foundation for Album 13. 

Idiot and Breakdown were works of art.  I believe the same will happen this time around. Love is for Losers is a bare bones sort of good time.  

What comes next will be the next evolution in pop rock music!!!!!

That comment about Tre and Mike needing to step it up is totally absurd. Tre's drumming on Revrad was great, that solo in Bang Bang still makes me smile every time I hear it! And mike has some cool basslines on that album, but I do think there was more room for him to come up with some lines, but he fucking nailed it on the trilogy! Not every newer Green Day song calls for crazy bass lines like their songs in the 90's did, so Mike just kinda plays to the song anymore. Billie is a great songwriter, and I feel like Mike and Tre do add a lot to Green Day, where as The Longshot just feels like Billie with a backing band, it's a very guitar heavy band with great vocal melodies, the bass and drums are just... there. they're pretty basic and could be played by anyone, I've never felt that way about Green Day.

and I'm glad that Billie chose to use these songs as a side project instead of a Green Day album. They're definitely very Billie, but in my opinion this is not Green Day by any means. I do get some trilogy vibes from the Longshot, but that's because those albums had a lot of guitar leads and those songs were a bit more melodic, but also those are a lot of peoples' least favorite albums lol. I wonder if the trilogy would have done better if it was a side project?

5 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

That comment about Tre and Mike needing to step it up is totally absurd. Tre's drumming on Revrad was great, that solo in Bang Bang still makes me smile every time I hear it! And mike has some cool basslines on that album, but I do think there was more room for him to come up with some lines, but he fucking nailed it on the trilogy! Not every newer Green Day song calls for crazy bass lines like their songs in the 90's did, so Mike just kinda plays to the song anymore. Billie is a great songwriter, and I feel like Mike and Tre do add a lot to Green Day, where as The Longshot just feels like Billie with a backing band, it's a very guitar heavy band with great vocal melodies, the bass and drums are just... there. they're pretty basic and could be played by anyone, I've never felt that way about Green Day.

and I'm glad that Billie chose to use these songs as a side project instead of a Green Day album. They're definitely very Billie, but in my opinion this is not Green Day by any means. I do get some trilogy vibes from the Longshot, but that's because those albums had a lot of guitar leads and those songs were a bit more melodic, but also those are a lot of peoples' least favorite albums lol. I wonder if the trilogy would have done better if it was a side project?

Well the trilogy kind of was a side project to me. It was inspired by the Foxboro Hot Tubs basically. I mean, a lot of it (mainly Dos) sounded like Foxboro Hot Tubs, and Billie said that they wanted to write songs for Green Day like how they did for Foxboro Hot Tubs.

I cleaned my apartment (ca. 90 minutes) with the EP in loop and now my flatmates want to kill me 19.gif These songs are too damn perfect for swiping the floor 19.gif

21 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Well the trilogy kind of was a side project to me. It was inspired by the Foxboro Hot Tubs basically. I mean, a lot of it (mainly Dos) sounded like Foxboro Hot Tubs, and Billie said that they wanted to write songs for Green Day like how they did for Foxboro Hot Tubs.

I know a lot of people say that the trilogy would have been  better if it was condensed into one album, but I think really it's more like 2 albums, a GD one and a Foxboro one.

22 minutes ago, J a c said:

I cleaned my apartment (ca. 90 minutes) with the EP in loop and now my flatmates want to kill me 19.gif These songs are too damn perfect for swiping the floor 19.gif

I’ve been playing it on a loop in my car and driving my daughter crazy. No, I do not get sick of it. I love it more with each play. 

44 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Fuck Time was a FBHT song first if I remember and a lot of the content of Uno and a couple on Dos are results of FBHT shows.

3 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Fuck Time was a FBHT song first if I remember and a lot of the content of Uno and a couple on Dos are results of FBHT shows.

I didn't know any other trilogy song came from FBHT shows. I knew Fuck Time was a FBHT song. Even though Dos is called the "second foxboro album", I think Troublemaker sounds the most like a foxboro song out of anything else on the trilogy. Kill the DJ also sounds like it could've been a Foxboro song. I'm not really sure if anything on Tré could be considered Foxboro-like though.

3 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

That comment about Tre and Mike needing to step it up is totally absurd. Tre's drumming on Revrad was great

You are fucking dead on! But even understated. Any musician and band (especially rock and punk band) will tell you that the drummer is the “heart of the band” sort of almost literally.

The drums are good enough and as you also said in this post but I didn’t quote, you said that these almost sound like a backing track.

Frankly, it might not be as noticeable if Billie isn’t usually on top of one of the best drummers in the biz. Mike has always been uniquely Green Day and while not the best bassist in the entire world (although damn good) he is absolutely the best bassist for Green Day.

Okay, well this isn’t Green Day but UNLIKE all the other side projects, this sounds like Green Day so the sword has two edges, so while I love the music and lyrics, the drums don’t sound totally bad, nor the bass, just it sounds like someone is filling in for Mike and Tre.

Dont get me wrong, I have absolutely grown to love the songs but it just rings a little weird intangibly.

Still fucking great thought but I understand your point.

32 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I know a lot of people say that the trilogy would have been  better if it was condensed into one album, but I think really it's more like 2 albums, a GD one and a Foxboro one.

Agree 100%.  I'd replace Stray Heart with Troublemaker, dirty up the production value, and release Dos as a FBHT album.

12 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I didn't know any other trilogy song came from FBHT shows. I knew Fuck Time was a FBHT song. Even though Dos is called the "second foxboro album", I think Troublemaker sounds the most like a foxboro song out of anything else on the trilogy. Kill the DJ also sounds like it could've been a Foxboro song. I'm not really sure if anything on Tré could be considered Foxboro-like though.

All the Lady Cobra stuff from Nightlife and Lady Cobra on Dos, and a couple others were a manifestation of the non stop party of the FBHT run in NY during the beginning of the AI umusical days.

Its when Billie was turning into St. Jimmy if you will. He always partied but when you get older what was once fun, turns ugly and dark. That party that was Dos, was real life. 

Cue someone saying “he didn’t do anything wrong or cheat on” or some shit which is not what I’m saying.

Billie went on a historic party bender which ended at a FBHT show that was an iconic show.

Then iHeart happened and the rest is history.

But yeah, definitely that’s where his desire to make a 4 on the 4 dance song “kill the DJ”, “loose yourself”, “nitelife”, “lady cobra”, and several others all from that shit among other things.

This IS a FBHT show right here. 

1 hour ago, J a c said:

I did that yesterday :D According to my last.fm I'm on an average of 24 song plays a day lol, nowhere near sick of it :wub:

37 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I did that yesterday :D According to my last.fm I'm on an average of 24 song plays a day lol, nowhere near sick of it :wub:

Ha, they may have misnamed it.  I spent the whole morning cleaning and had the EP on repeat, boy those bathrooms are shining! Lol.  May have to check it out for ironing 😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

Ha, they may have misnamed it.  I spent the whole morning cleaning and had the EP on repeat, boy those bathrooms are shining! Lol.  May have to check it out for ironing 😂😂😂

Hahaha, careful so you don't get overexcited and hurt somebody with a hot iron :lol:

Also, my calculations were incorrect; my daily average as of right now is 43,666 (Jeff would be happy) :ga:

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

Fuck me! I wouldn’t even want to get head 24x in a day.

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived