The Longshot

Beerjeezus

1 hour ago, Stan Dellone said:

This is misplaced adulation bordering on the sycophantic. Kind of gross. 

I'm fucking impressed if you wrote this withought using thesaurus. I really mean it. Ya vocab is amazing 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Eric said:

Ok now this is why this forum is cancer. Most of these users I am pretty sure agree with this. Their most recent work is great and better because they do not have this so called "GREEN DAY FEEL" You just confirmed to me this forum really only wants Green Day to stay in a Green Day only lane and never branch out. Pure fucking cancer yikes...

Oh thanks for letting us know you can read minds. Obviously if one person says something, that means everybody else agrees, right. Seriously though, stop being a dumbass. Every single post you make is obnoxious about GDC. If you hate it so much, you can leave. You do realize that, right?

10 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Green Day is clearly not breaking up, but this solo release really begs the question of which parts of Green Day are really necessary. These three songs have more of a "Green Day" and energetic feel than most of their recent releases. Mike and Tre should take this as a reason to step up their game and contribute more to Green Day than just Billie's backing band.

I don't agree at all. I think everything they've done in the last decade is better than this EP. Not every song, but in general, all of their recent albums are better than these songs. The trilogy has tons of good songs even if there's some that are below Billie's usual standards. RevRad was a nice return to form and is full of great songs. Idk if you're including 21CB when you say their "recent releases" but that's an amazing album imo. On the trilogy, I think some of Mike's basslines have been pretty great. Tré has been pretty much great the entire time. I haven't really noticed any degradation in his playing of the drums.

Besides, it's not just the drumming and bass that Tré and Mike contribute to the band. Even though they're not credited as songwriters most of the time, they may well still be active in the songwriting process and give their own suggestions. I mean, the instrumentation on these new songs aren't that great anyway. Foxboro Hot Tubs was a much better side project than this, so far at least.

8 hours ago, Eric said:

Ok now this is why this forum is cancer. Most of these users I am pretty sure agree with this. Their most recent work is great and better because they do not have this so called "GREEN DAY FEEL" You just confirmed to me this forum really only wants Green Day to stay in a Green Day only lane and never branch out. Pure fucking cancer yikes...

I agree with what you say most of the time (including this) but my god you worded that awfully 

Imagine being at a Longshot show (that IS a Longshot, haha!) and after the set, the lights go down.  Another band comes on stage.  It's Green Day and they play a small venue but play it like it's the biggest show in the world. ripping through hits and rarities alike.   

Longshot play 14-20 songs.  

Green Day play 32.

Songs from every release - Tubbies, Network, Billie and Norah, Gunpowder, compilations.   

A total dream set list.   

WOW that would be incredible.  

56 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Billie went live and said they just shot a video :runaround:

OMG i'm so happy !!!! I'm a fan of Prima Donna since 2009 and i'm so proud of them...and see my two favorite band ever some kinda...together...is simply amazing to me :') i couldn't be more happy

Billie vs technology 😂 poor guy just can’t quite figure it out. 

10 hours ago, Eric said:

Psst, one person (who literally everyone else has disagreed with as you can clearly see) doesn't represent the whole fucking forum :)

Everyone's descriptions of the nature of Green Day and this Billie project makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :wub: 

11 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I hope it's for Chasing a Ghost :wub:

Me too but it will probably be LIFL.

Imagine how hilarious a video for Taxi Driver could be. Very unlikely it'll be that but still :lol: 

I want to hear a studio version of ‘devils kind’ so bad. I was hoping that song would end up on RevRad. 

As far as the music video goes i think it would make sense that it’s “love is for losers”. 

7 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

Have you all noticed that every cover song has a "?" next to it.

Maybe Goodbye to Romance isn't a cover?

No, it’s definitely a cover. Listen to the clip Longshot shared and listen to the song. 

19 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Imagine how hilarious a video for Taxi Driver could be. Very unlikely it'll be that but still :lol: 

I'd take it lmao

Also yeah it's probably LIFL, at the same time part of me is picking up a vibe Billie is partial to CAG. Idk why. Call it an extremely vague hunch but we'll see. If he's so eager to mention it it can't be long before we get to see it. 

Can we not refer to a message board to cancer of all things...

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Mike has described their partnership as a democracy with an elected leader. 

When did he say that? :wub:

Awesome! Thanks @Olya LIFL confirmed.

22 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

When did he say that? :wub:

It was in one of the big RavRad interviews. I don’t remember which magazine.

Cool! It's my favorite song!

I bet the video will will be released when the album comes out.

2 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Cool! It's my favorite song!

I bet the video will will be released when the album comes out.

Only time will tell.

There’s a phrase that goes “too many cooks spoil the broth.” Mike and Tre are clearly perfectly alright with letting Billie take the reins for the most part. It’s ridiculous and naive to say all members of any band contribute equally - like any project, you need a leader to oversee it all.

11 hours ago, Eric said:

Ugh just fuck off, the only cancer in this forum is you 

At least now with a video coming im pretty certain theyll have a cd/vinyl (that we can actually get) release. Now they’re serious! I was worried there for a second.

17 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

At least now with a video coming im pretty certain theyll have a cd/vinyl (that we can actually get) release. Now they’re serious! I was worried there for a second.

I liken it to when the Hot Tubs and the Network were around, a few music videos and a CD. :happy: 

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived