The Longshot

Beerjeezus

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I'm glad that Billie knows what a meme is. About time.

Is his favorite meme even a meme? I have no idea what caddyshack is

^^ Let's not forget "he thought he saw a meme"

Honestly I had to google the well we're waiting meme and what? Every time I think I might know him better he just confuses me more. Like, of all the hilarious memes, Billie.

2 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

^^ Let's not forget "he thought he saw a meme"

Honestly I had to google the well we're waiting meme and what? Every time I think I might know him better he just confuses me more.

Let's not forget #ShutUpGreg which is meme they created. I think they know very well what memes are :P 

Also nevermind, I just googled it too :D

I wonder how many times he's referencing this

5 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Let's not forget #ShutUpGreg which is meme they created. I think they know very well what memes are :P 

So why is that one his favourite smh

3 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

So why is that one his favourite smh

Maybe I'm wrong and he doesn't realize it's a meme😅

That reminds me of the time I commented "Shut Up Greg" under a picture of Greg, the Rammstein photographer, and he liked it, and then I realized it's not the same Greg😂

1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:

Maybe I'm wrong and he doesn't realize it's a meme😅

That reminds me of the time I commented "Shut Up Greg" under a picture of Greg, the Rammstein photographer, and he liked it, and then I realized it's not the same Greg😂

Real quick, sorry to the forum for acting out the other day. I know I’m close, but not perfect yet. In gonna try by next year. Thanks to @AlissaGoesRAWR obliging me and banning but only for a day when I was shooting for perm. Very kind, I’m being serious btw.

Thank you all for the vids. It has got me UP for the SoCal stuff. I was not really motivated until seeing the vids. Looks great and I had a lot of driving over the last day and I now really like the tracks when I was more “meh” on them before.

1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:

Is his favorite meme even a meme? I have no idea what caddyshack is

Haha billie knows what a meme is but you dont know what caddyshack is. Its a two way street, youths :lol:

1 minute ago, Schlappy said:

Haha billie knows what a meme is but you dont know what caddyshack is. Its a two way street, youths :lol:

Ha! Too true. Any red blooded American no matter how old (well above 10) should go watch Caddyshck immediately anyhow. That’s your Sunday homework.

6 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

a meme is a cultural phenomenon of our generation, and caddyshack is a ... movie? :D him not knowing what memes are would be like me not knowing what a telephone cord is :P 

also WE'RE THE SAME AGE :lol: 

4 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Ha! Too true. Any red blooded American no matter how old (well above 10) should go watch Caddyshck immediately anyhow. That’s your Sunday homework.

well good for me that I'm not American :) 

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

a meme is a cultural phenomenon of our generation, and caddyshack is a ... movie? :D him not knowing what memes are would be like me not knowing what life without internet could be like (and I know, I'm not that young :lol:)

Has that particular "we're waiting" clip been used as a reaction/meme though? The fact that such a clip exists with nearly 300,000 views suggests that it might have and could qualify as an internet meme.

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Has that particular "we're waiting" clip been used as a reaction/meme though? The fact that such a clip exists with nearly 300,000 views suggests that it might have and could qualify as an internet meme.

I've never seen it before, but it definitely could be a meme, the definition of meme is lax anyway. People call anything funny a meme nowadays :) I guess if you consider it a meme and reference it in your family or group of friends, then it is a meme.

btw, I didn't mean that this movie or parts of it couldn't be a meme, I was simply saying that me not knowing the movie is not equivalent to the situation of Billie not knowing what memes are :P 

well good for me that I'm not American :) 

Yeah, I often feel I could share that characteristic lately. 

Should still watch Caddyshack. Bill Murray’s introduction to the world and genius. Also Dangerfield at his height. Funny shit.

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

I've never seen it before, but it definitely could be a meme, the definition of meme is lax anyway. People call anything funny a meme nowadays :) I guess if you consider it a meme and use it in your group, then it is a meme.

It is definitely a meme, and Caddyshack is one of the greatest movies ever made. And Bill Murray is a genius. But I digress. It’s a hilariously random meme to pick as your favorite.

a meme is a cultural phenomenon of our generation, and caddyshack is a ... movie? :D him not knowing what memes are would be like me not knowing what a telephone cord is :P 

Maybe caddyshack WAS the cultural phenomenon of his generation. I mean they didnt have the internet so besides that they played with rocks and sticks in the 80s, right? I think so :D

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It’s ubiquitous. It’s in the culture lexicon of America. You can say it was a meme before there was one. So yeah, people use it as an internet reaction all the time. 

Same thing with “you wanna go home” was a meme before the web was a part of every day life.

Go home! You think you’re too good for your home?! 205k views on a shit copy.

1 minute ago, Schlappy said:

Maybe caddyshack WAS the cultural phenomenon of his generation. I mean they didnt have the internet so besides that they played with rocks and sticks in the 80s, right? I think so :D

635.jpg

2 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

You are so right and fucking hysterical here. That’s just what I was saying. Internet memes in the 80 AND 90s (even when there was a Net, it wasn’t like today in the 90s. Video needs speed. No speed in the 90s, on the web. ;) )

But yeah, a meme was just repeating some culturely known shit.  A meme is an ought phenomenon.

1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

You are so right and fucking hysterical here. That’s just what I was saying. Internet memes in the 80 AND 90s (even when there was a Net, it wasn’t like today in the 90s. Video needs speed. No speed in the 90s, on the web. ;) )

But yeah, a meme was just repeating some culturely known shit.  A meme is an ought phenomenon.

Haha yeah dude the Great Depression was such a sick meme!

2 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Haha yeah dude the Great Depression was such a sick meme!

did-you-know-otr-the-un-employ-et-bree-s

By by the way, I am surprised that people think Billie still wouldn’t know what a meme is.

We all know he’s slow to take on new technologies like most people middle aged (not old enough to be young but not old yet), people like what they know but he’s been active on Insti and Twitter long enough to have seen a meme or two thousand.

17 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

It’s a hilariously random meme to pick as your favorite.

Lmao @ the meme discourse. This was my main point as well. 

Still the most crazy thing to me is people not knowing what Caddyshack is. It’s not like that’s my generation either.

Other counties I get (sort of. We know Eric idle and Monty Python). Lol. 

12 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Lmao @ the meme discourse. This was my main point as well. 

Why is it so random? Someone asked him his favorite and he thought of that. It’s only random if you don’t know it. I don’t even have to watch it. I know exactly what and how he says “we’re waiting” with every infelection. 

I am a a little younger than Billie. Bout 4 years or something and I’m amazed even the young peeps don’t know it.  

WTF. Have the most benign conversations about nothing here. It’s what I think I like. Between answering emails for things that are life and career decisions, I’ll tab over here to write about Caddyshack. Love it here much more!

30 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I've never seen it before, but it definitely could be a meme, the definition of meme is lax anyway. People call anything funny a meme nowadays :) I guess if you consider it a meme and reference it in your family or group of friends, then it is a meme.

I agree, most people are really lax on their memes! And i am very passionate...

Schlappys official meme definition: A joke or reference on the internet which is shared and modified by others into new comedic situations. 

Random joke on the internet people share: not meme

shut up greg: not meme

Nightlife: meme :cool:

34 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Well hey, they had D&D too 😆

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived