The Longshot

Beerjeezus

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me what I love about the side projects and from what I've seen with these most recent small shows is that people are able to meet them afterwards and I think that's the absolute dream for me. Great music and meeting a hero of mine. 

Lots of Stay the Night vibes on Chasing a Ghost- and I love it. Great song- I am hooked on this song- the prechorus is incredible. And how cool is the final post-bridge line:

"thanks for the sympathy and the punch in the nose"?

Lyrically we're back in Nimrod witty/ clever territory, which I love. Musically, just outstanding. A+.

1 hour ago, Skull Collision 21 said:

Did anyone get all of The Last Time? Or the generation x cover?

1 hour ago, legendary said:

Thank you! Amazing videos!!!

Did you record Chasing a Ghost?

No problem, here they are! Thanks again for your comments! :ga:

Listened to most of the new song clips, even though I was contemplating waiting for the studio release. Sounds like some gems in there. "Body Bag" and "Devil's Kind" are still sounding top-notch. "Happiness" is growing on me after hearing the full version. "Soul Surrender" sounds like something "different" for Billie and I'm loving the unique sound it has (very Stones-esque). One other songs (forgot which) sounds like it could be a Pinhead Gunpowder track. Kinda liking how BIllie is letting the music do the talking, especially with the guitar riffs and some cool drum beats. Nothing seems lyrically complex, but I'm really into the idea of a low-fi, back to basics rock and roll album. RevRad was kind of dark and depressing, and this record seems to have that classic Green Day mix of honesty and the ability to see good in bad situations.

9 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Since it is a limited edition and there seems that no cd version will be released, I want this vinyl even if I don't have any vinyl player in good condition to play it!

Same! I really hope there will be an option to get it online worlwide.

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

that classic Green Day mix of honesty and the ability to see good in bad situations.

This describes the feeling I got from listening to the clips from the show. Happiness is a current favourite :happy: All the songs are growing on me so much, I guess I enjoy the live versions a lot more than the album versions.

It's cool there's recordings! I'm waiting for the studio release to hear the new songs for the first time though, I just don't get nearly as much from the first listen when it's a live clip.

im holding off on listening to anymore full tracks as well... but i totally watched the clips of fell for you and kiss me deadly...

2 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

im holding off on listening to anymore full tracks as well... but i totally watched the clips of fell for you and kiss me deadly...

Oh yes same :wub:. Love both songs.

So this is the first time a trilogy song has been played in full since the trilogy era, right?

11 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

OH!  And the Primadonnas.  I need to check those guys out! 

Please do 

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So this is the first time a trilogy song has been played in full since the trilogy era, right?

No, a few showed up on the RevRad tour but not many (they did Nuclear Family in Montreal for example). But it’s nice to see them slowly make their way back.

Guys you need to check out Prima Donna, they just released a new album called S/T and it's everywhere, they deserve more attention! :)

3 minutes ago, TheGreatAustralianMidgetToss said:

Guys you need to check out Prima Donna, they just released a new album called S/T and it's everywhere, they deserve more attention! :)

Totally agreed! They're such an amazing band and deserve to have lots of fans. Their new album is gem after gem after gem, like this one:

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No, a few showed up on the RevRad tour but not many (they did Nuclear Family in Montreal for example). But it’s nice to see them slowly make their way back.

Yeah but they were only played partially, right? This was the first played entirely since the trilogy era, wasn't it?

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah but they were only played partially, right? This was the first played entirely since the trilogy era, wasn't it?

No Nuclear Family was definitely played in full 

Guys,

I don't know if someone already posted it but I found the lyrics of Love Is For Losers, Taxi Driver and Chasing A Ghosts on musixmatch.com seems accurate.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Higher said:

Guys,

I don't know if someone already posted it but I found the lyrics of Love Is For Losers, Taxi Driver and Chasing A Ghosts on musixmatch.com seems accurate.

Looks like someone’s guess but not accurate. The bridge to LIFL is totally wrong for one thing.  Taxi Driver has a lot that’s wrong. A few mistakes in CAG too.

40 minutes ago, StillBreathing said:

It’s it bad that I prefer billies solo stuff / side projects to main Green Day material 

I don't think so, I love Foxboro Hot Tubs more than anything.

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't think so, I love Foxboro Hot Tubs more than anything.

More than Green Day?:ninja:

Edit: Unnecessary, I misunderstood the context.

17 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

More than Green Day?:ninja:

Edit: Unnecessary, I misunderstood the context.

They are actually kind of equal. Their album is up there with the best GD albums and their shows are better.

I don't think The Longshot will reach an equal level with GD for me but they're very good :P 

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived