The Longshot

Beerjeezus

1 hour ago, Admiral_Needa said:

For anyone interested, here are some of my videos; let me know if you want any more, it was a great show! Even got to meet the band afterwards! Great seeing everyone again! Cheers! :ga:

Thank you YOU! Is the rest of the show on your TY channel? :-)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, disappearingfs said:

Thank you YOU! Is the rest of the show on your TY channel? :-)

Thanks for your comments! Not all of the show is there, the lighting was a bit dim, but I could post all of them if you'd like. Just let me know! Thanks again! :toocool:

1 minute ago, Admiral_Needa said:

Thanks for your comments! Not all of the show is there, the lighting was a bit dim, but I could post all of them if you'd like. Just let me know! Thanks again! :toocool:

Yes please! 

And thank you for the ones you have already posted :wub:

Just now, Admiral_Needa said:

Anything and everything would be thoroughly appreciated. Thank you! ❤️

1 minute ago, Admiral_Needa said:

Yess! If you have no problems on uploading them... I appreciate, you're welcome, thanks to YOU :-)

1 minute ago, Goofygoldfish said:

And thank you for the ones you have already posted :wub:

22 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Answer my question with another question, aye?  Haha.  It's all good.  I just found the clips I wanted elsewhere on the forum :)  I'd love to see Paper Bullets as well if anyone else knows the answer, but I don't know.  I'm sure I would love it.  

Haha yeah sorry! I thought one of the songs you were looking for was the paper bullets one.... So jumped in :happyhands:

2 hours ago, Admiral_Needa said:

For anyone interested, here are some of my videos; let me know if you want any more, it was a great show! Even got to meet the band afterwards! Great seeing everyone again! Cheers! :ga:

Can't make out the words of Kill Your Friends but I believe we have our first F-bomb from the record in there!  I thought I had heard them all except for Soul Surrender at this point but I forgot all about that one, awesome!

And I haven't heard full studio versions all the way through of course.  I've just heard a piece of this one here, a snippet of that one somewhere else and live performances from the past of others.   If anyone could hook me up with even a tease of Cult Hero I'd be forever Now.  I mean grateful.     

Aaaaaaaa............ few considerationsss! ''Kill Your Friends'' is good. ''Cult Hero'' sounds pretty generic. ''Body Bag'' is amazing. ''Devil's Kind'' is GREAT. That drummer is good, too. And I love that 90s Green Day vibe you can hear through these songs. My wish is to get a full LP with an acoustic version for ''Ordinary World''. Without those dinn, trinn, binn overdubs, I mean, Lol

25 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

Yess! If you have no problems on uploading them... I appreciate, you're welcome, thanks to YOU :-)

No problem! Here are a couple more. I'll upload the rest now. Thanks again! :ga:

11 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

Aaaaaaaa............ few considerationsss! ''Kill Your Friends'' is good. ''Cult Hero'' sounds pretty generic. ''Body Bag'' is amazing. ''Devil's Kind'' is GREAT. That drummer is good, too. And I love that 90s Green Day vibe you can hear through these songs. My wish is to get a full LP with an acoustic version for ''Ordinary World''. Without those dinn, trinn, binn overdubs, I mean, Lol

Where can I listen to Cult Hero?   It's the only one left that has any mystery left in it and I can't let that slide.  

I must hear any Green Day related song 15 Trillion times before the album drops and be at least one of the first 12,000 people to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHHAHAHAH

but seriously.  Someone get me a Cult Hero.   

1 minute ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Where can I listen to Cult Hero?   It's the only one left that has any mystery left in it and I can't let that slide.  

I must hear any Green Day related song 15 Trillion times before the album drops and be at least one of the first 12,000 people to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHHAHAHAH

but seriously.  Someone get me a Cult Hero.   

Here you go! Hope you like it! :toocool:

Is anyone understanding what Billie's singing? I'm hearing maybe 5% of the lyrics

These covers make me want to learn more about the Plimsouls, The Nerves and David Bowie.  (I've previously explored Ozzy, Replacements, Beatles and the Ramones) 

Plimsouls possibly have the worst band name of all time. It just sounds.....nasty.  But they have a nice sound.  

Thank you so much @Admiral_Needa for all these videos!! Really nice of you to shade with everyone.  Also it'd be great to hear about your experience of meeting them after the show. Love hearing how the guys are off the stage. But no worries if you don't want to write/talk about it!

I've seen people saying it sounds like Green Day or it sounds like the Trilogy.   But I haven't seen any outright hate for this project yet.  

Is there anyone that just hates these songs and wishes this wasn't a thing.  

John at ARTV wasn't crazy about it but he didn't destroy it in his review either.  

But i want to hear it from you guys.   There's got to be some haters out there!  Even if it's just because you want a Green Day record and this feels like a waste of time to you.  

OH!  And the Primadonnas.  I need to check those guys out!  

1 minute ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I've seen people saying it sounds like Green Day or it sounds like the Trilogy.   But I haven't seen any outright hate for this project yet.  

Is there anyone that just hates these songs and wishes this wasn't a thing.  

John at ARTV wasn't crazy about it but he didn't destroy it in his review either.  

But i want to hear it from you guys.   There's got to be some haters out there!  Even if it's just because you want a Green Day record and this feels like a waste of time to you.  

OH!  And the Primadonnas.  I need to check those guys out!  

I think it's mainly been the vocals that some people have just hated (but even that was before any songs were officially released)... The songs themselves, I haven't seen any "hate", just some people being pretty indifferent towards them.

If I were to rank the songs, I'd put them in this order
1) Chasing A Ghost - I actually like this song quite a lot.
2) Love Is For Losers - A decent song, pretty catchy chorus. Nothing special though
3) Taxi Driver - A pretty boring song tbh. Not terrible but I wouldn't care if I never heard it again

I've got some high hopes for future songs though. Devil's Kind is a song that I've liked a lot since I first heard it and some of the new songs we've heard live sound good.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Needa said:

Here you go! Hope you like it! :toocool:

Thank you very much. Your recordings are awesome as always

Thank you for the recordings! These are fantastic. I rarely post on here but am on here often reading news, updates etc. I have two tickets to the SF show at the Parkside and am willing to trade both tickets for one Costa Mesa or LA ticket and upon entry with you (they are checking names and ccs for those two) will gladly trade my two tickets to the SF show where they are not checking names ( have proof from venue via email). I live in San Diego and would love to go. Your one gets my two or of course I am willing to entertain selling my two SF tix if anyone would like to go. Take care -Matt 

Soul Surrender reminds me a little of Torn and Frayed by the Rolling Stones. It’s a good thing though. I love the retro feeling of a lot of these songs. My least favorite may be the ones that sound more like green day honestly lol. Devils Kind sounds better than ever though. Did anyone get all of The Last Time? Or the generation x cover?

3 hours ago, Admiral_Needa said:

No problem! Here are a couple more. I'll upload the rest now. Thanks again! :ga:

Thank you! Amazing videos!!!

Did you record Chasing a Ghost?

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Did they play Happiness? Any videos of that song?

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived