The Longshot

Beerjeezus

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Me too, though it'd probably be irrational for me to go. But yet I'm already starting to plan. :lol: 

No matter where I fly out of, I think it'd be about $500 total round-trip for Brandon and I... hmm... worth it? :sherlock:

I think it’s totally worth it!

I might have to come along and drag Bruno with me. I’m sure he’s tired of all these Green Day related trips. :lol: 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Sellouts :mad:

'..we sold our souls and we're so ashamed of ourselves..' :D:lol:

18 hours ago, disappearingfs said:

Anyone has a bed for me in the US? I wanna see them in LA. it would be daydream, even if I already saw them in France and other places, LOL

Are you from France too? :D I've almost never met other fellow GD fans here. I only stayed in touch with one that I met at one of the 2 GD gigs I saw in France last year. We held a France flag I had bought in a souvenir shop, Billie asked for it during Are We The Waiting, he took it, put it on him, threw it in the crowd and a guard was kind enough to give it back to us, after the gig we cut it in two and I have kept one half of it :wub:

Sorry for the digression, I would love to see them too even in California if I could. In some way it would be even more epic to see them so far from home. :P But I can't financially. So Longshot come at least to the UK, that would be manageable for me... 

Today, I listened to Taxi Driver a bit more and now I really like it. So Chasing A Ghost is more than perfect, Love is For Losers perfect, and Taxi Driver almost perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

ngl, I checked flights to LA earlier today :lol:

You know, in July last year, I had seen GD 3 times already in 2017, but I was going crazy not knowing when I would see them again. So I spent hours day and night to check flights for most of the August gigs, that month being my only holiday in the year... But I gave up because I was not going to invent the money for the trip. :P

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Tbh I'm not sure I've seen anyone other than you use TCB over 21CB.

I tried to nip this in the bud and say “can I just say my mistake and end this conversation now?” almost being sure that such a benign stupid fucking thing would be well, this and even while premtively saying “my mistake, let’s end this conversation” before it began I get a “umm, ok, lol” from the poster and then another person chiming in.

Let me ask you a question, did you ever scratch your head and say “what does he mean when he says TCB?”.

Somehow I’ll end up the bad guy though. Someone will no doubt tell me now how “nobody is against me” or some shit but can’t you guys look at each other and say “hey, he knew on post one that this was gonna happen, said he was wrong, asked for it to ‘please end it here’”.

I shouldn’t have been able to spot that from what had at that point occurred but did easily. Maybe you guys should look in the mirror. 

Twenty-first Century Breakdown seems like a perfect contender for TCB.  And if I’m the only one that uses it, sweet. I love to be different. 

On topic, I’ll probably just be at the LA show as long as I’m in town.

28 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Yes. I'm gonna do a NYC date and I'm gonna force @Lindsay to do it too!

19 minutes ago, Laura! said:

I might have to come along and drag Bruno with me. I’m sure he’s tired of all these Green Day related trips. :lol: 

So basically Chicago 2.0? Can we almost die in an Airbnb again?

... my only concern is getting time off work, because even two weeks notice for taking a few days off seems a bit inconsiderate. But oh well, we'll see if a New York date even happens/if the Longshot is worth traveling for soon enough!

I wish one of these side projects would play a show in Europe so I at least had some sort of chance to go. I mean, I perfectly understand why that hasn't happened; it's all for fun and flying to Europe is a bit of a hassle for just that. Still, a girl can dream! 

32 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

ngl, I checked flights to LA earlier today :lol:

That was me yesterday. I had tickets in my cart and was searching flights, but then I came to my senses :(

28 minutes ago, Laura! said:

!!!!

7 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So basically Chicago 2.0? Can we almost die in an Airbnb again?

... my only concern is getting time off work, because even two weeks notice for taking a few days off seems a bit inconsiderate. But oh well, we'll see if a New York date even happens/if the Longshot is worth traveling for soon enough!

YES. I'm sure we will have no trouble finding a weird Airbnb host in NYC. There will never be another Craig though....

You guys should seriously have a GDA meetup at the LA show. It would be easy to find each other at such a small venue. 

12 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

YES. I'm sure we will have no trouble finding a weird Airbnb host in NYC. There will never be another Craig though....

God bless Chicago Craig. <3

39 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I tried to nip this in the bud and say “can I just say my mistake and end this conversation now?” almost being sure that such a benign stupid fucking thing would be well, this and even while premtively saying “my mistake, let’s end this conversation” before it began I get a “umm, ok, lol” from the poster and then another person chiming in.

Let me ask you a question, did you ever scratch your head and say “what does he mean when he says TCB?”.

Somehow I’ll end up the bad guy though. Someone will no doubt tell me now how “nobody is against me” or some shit but can’t you guys look at each other and say “hey, he knew on post one that this was gonna happen, said he was wrong, asked for it to ‘please end it here’”.

I shouldn’t have been able to spot that from what had at that point occurred but did easily. Maybe you guys should look in the mirror. 

Twenty-first Century Breakdown seems like a perfect contender for TCB.  And if I’m the only one that uses it, sweet. I love to be different. 

On topic, I’ll probably just be at the LA show as long as I’m in town.

21cb end of discussion

What the fuck is up with people on this forum always going way off topic and 'fighting' about silly things? It seems to happen in every single thread :lol: ON TOPIC my guess for band members are Joey Armstrong, Jeff Matika and Jason White. Whoever they may be I hope they keep it a secret until their first show!  I saw someone suggest they might play some GD songs but I both doubt it and hope that they won't. 

Just now, Nightlife said:

What the fuck is up with people on this forum always going way off topic and 'fighting' about silly things? It seems to happen in every single thread :lol: 

You must be new here.

46 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

That was me yesterday. I had tickets in my cart and was searching flights, but then I came to my senses :(

Same :cry: But at least you are a lot closer to LA 

17 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

You must be new here.

Haha no I've actually been lurking here for a long time, I just don't understand why the same people constantly pick fights and go off topic. Even more so I can't understand why it's allowed. Not trying to be a whiny bitch about it, just doesn't make sense to me since I feel it ruins a lot of threads on an otherwise lovely forum. 

(and yes I do know that this post in itself is OT but I don't intend on starting a long discussion about it in this thread :lol:

I also kind of hope they stick to playing Longshot and maybe some covers. As to whether they have enough material to fill a set, that’s never stopped them before. FBHT just played SD&R seven times :lol:  I could hear Taxi Driver at least three. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I also kind of hope they stick to playing Longshot and maybe some covers. As to whether they have enough material to fill a set, that’s never stopped them before. FBHT just played SD&R seven times :lol:  I could hear Taxi Driver at least three. 

I thought the exact same thing about throwing in some covers, and them pulling a FBHT and playing the same song several times seems like a great option too  :lol: Whatever they choose to do I'm so jealous of everyone being able to go and I can't wait to see the footage from the shows. 

ok, on topic.

I am now convinced Kevin Preston and David Field are definitely in The Longshot.  They both just started instas today, and followed @longshot and funny enough, for like a split second, David Field sent me an follow request.  Then he took backsies!  LOL!  The only way he would even get my insta is through the @longshot account.  I present the evidence to the members of the court.

13 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

What the fuck is up with people on this forum always going way off topic and 'fighting' about silly things? It seems to happen in every single thread :lol: ON TOPIC my guess for band members are Joey Armstrong, Jeff Matika and Jason White. Whoever they may be I hope they keep it a secret until their first show!  I saw someone suggest they might play some GD songs but I both doubt it and hope that they won't. 

I don't think they will do Green Day songs, and kind of hope these are shows of a bunch of live debuts, either Longshot songs or unheard Green Day tracks in the making!  

If they do play older Green Day material, I hope it's some super-duper rare stuff, like songs that have never seen the light of the stage.   No One Knows would be a cool treat from the Kerplunk era.

The biggest opportunity though would be to play Panic Song (a fan favorite that has never been done live!!!!) and of course some Trilogy tracks.  Insomniac and Trilogy have basically been given the finger by Green Day Live, AND The Longshot is sort of in that style , so it would be perfect.   Baby Eyes!  See You Tonight!  NIGHTLIFE!!!!!!!  

REALISTICALLY THOUGH I'm thinking they'll play all but one or two from Love is for Losers, some covers they like, maybe some Pinhead Gunpowder, and MAYBE a few Green Day songs.  They probably won't do the super-rare ones that I would like to see, but some crowd pleasers like When I Come Around or American Idiot.  

There are too many possibilities.  They will play what they will play when it's all said and done.   They could do really short shows, or they could play 4 hours.  

AAAAAAGh, I can't wait to hear the line up!

23 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I don't think they will do Green Day songs, and kind of hope these are shows of a bunch of live debuts, either Longshot songs or unheard Green Day tracks in the making!  

If they do play older Green Day material, I hope it's some super-duper rare stuff, like songs that have never seen the light of the stage.   No One Knows would be a cool treat from the Kerplunk era.

The biggest opportunity though would be to play Panic Song (a fan favorite that has never been done live!!!!) and of course some Trilogy tracks.  Insomniac and Trilogy have basically been given the finger by Green Day Live, AND The Longshot is sort of in that style , so it would be perfect.   Baby Eyes!  See You Tonight!  NIGHTLIFE!!!!!!!  

REALISTICALLY THOUGH I'm thinking they'll play all but one or two from Love is for Losers, some covers they like, maybe some Pinhead Gunpowder, and MAYBE a few Green Day songs.  They probably won't do the super-rare ones that I would like to see, but some crowd pleasers like When I Come Around or American Idiot.  

There are too many possibilities.  They will play what they will play when it's all said and done.   They could do really short shows, or they could play 4 hours.  

AAAAAAGh, I can't wait to hear the line up!

Or some songs from these paper bullets, xmas time of the year 😍 or back in the usa. Its not happening though. They will play full set of the longshot and covers

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Or some songs from these paper bullets, xmas time of the year 😍 or back in the usa. Its not happening though. They will play full set of the longshot and covers

Or some Tubbies songs :)

I can see them playing a tubbies song or two MAYBE, but even at the Coverups shows they wouldn't play any green day.

If anyone ends up with an extra ticket for either Show, let me know :)

1 hour ago, Khaleesi. said:

Does it really matter though? :rudys:

No it definitely does not FUCKING MATTER which is why when someone like @Asik has to after I premtively said “ok, you guys are right” because I don’t give a fuck, people keep going.

21CB end of story Asik?

Who died and made you the lord of abbreviations.

ASMDYFA —— That was my abbreviation. Good luck with it.  

Every year there becomes a point where I realize I’m not in a friendly place but a dungeon of people behind their keyboards obsessing about everything and nothing.

This is not directed at you @Khaleesi., you just nailed it on the head with “who cares” which was my initial post.

Apparently, people care. Way too fucking much about anything they can bitch about. Unreal.

I was literally afraid to look to see if ssomeone was still commenting on this. Good job @Asik.

You are the “winner”. Someone please ban me. 

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived