The Longshot

Beerjeezus

10 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

And even a higher one of BJA being on the stage! ;)

Yes. Moreover, it’d be good to see Joey on Drums and Billie being a proud father. (Probabilities all over the planet :runaround:)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah but by keeping it private it still stayed pretty small. Even now that it’s out I don’t see a ton of buzz beyond our little group.

I think we should put this in the right perspective. A side project that 24 hours ago was essentially not existing has 26000 followers on Instagram, two shows sold out in an hour and media coverage from all the relevant music magazines. Of course it’s a side project that does not aim to reach top chart levels, I think they just want to play clubs and have fun with a moderate level of “fame noise” around them. And maybe all the secrecy was just Billie playing us around, but I think the hype machine they built, including the “secret” profile, did what it was supposed to do. Do the same with Green Day and you will find yourself in the right path if what you want to do is to build a viral marketing campaign in the social media era. IMHO of course :) 

EDIT: 

Something new is coming already? 

I just want to say that the line from Chasing A Ghost, "Thanks for the company but I'm still standing alone" is brilliant. 

25 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

I just want to say that the line from Chasing A Ghost, "Thanks for the company but I'm still standing alone" is brilliant. 

Yes. There is no kind of alone like the alone in a crowded place feeling 😕 This song expresses so much so vividly I love every line.

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes. There is no kind of alone like the alone in a crowded place feeling 😕 This song expresses so much so vividly I love every line.

I can relate to a lot in that song. This line describes the feeling perfectly 

9 hours ago, Alf said:

isn't it 'are we alone and now we all are waiting on.. taxi driver, I'm rolling..."

I'm fairly certain it's "are we alone or are we all we've ever known"

19 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I can relate to a lot in that song. This line describes the feeling perfectly 

I also love the line, “thanks for the sympathy and the punch in the nose” because when you get to feeling like that you want someone to give you a shoulder and also to slap you and shake you out of it at the same time.

2 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

Sometimes it's scary how he can describe our feelings 100% in just one short sentence, and he's doing it over and over again, right? I guess we're all kindred spirits.

7 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Sometimes it's scary how he can describe our feelings 100% in just one short sentence, and he's doing it over and over again, right? I guess we're all kindred spirits.

We’re a family. Green day Family!! 

I wonder if they will release a bunch of EPs and then eventually release the whole album. Kind of a cash grab but a fun way to keep people interested as they gather attention.

14 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I wonder if they will release a bunch of EPs and then eventually release the whole album. Kind of a cash grab but a fun way to keep people interested as they gather attention.

Is it a cash grab? I mean, if they wanted money they'd just release this as Green Day, right?

I didnt expect it that quick, but they mentioned billies side project the longshot on a german Radio Station a few minutes ago. They also played the Song Taxi Driver. I didnt expect a Song that fast on the german Radio, but that they choose for Taxi Driver was a bigger suprise. If Not love is for lover i expected chasing a Ghost. But maybe Taxi Driver is the Most Green day of These Songs(trilogy Stile)

9 hours ago, J a c said:

I think we should put this in the right perspective. A side project that 24 hours ago was essentially not existing has 26000 followers on Instagram, two shows sold out in an hour and media coverage from all the relevant music magazines. Of course it’s a side project that does not aim to reach top chart levels, I think they just want to play clubs and have fun with a moderate level of “fame noise” around them. And maybe all the secrecy was just Billie playing us around, but I think the hype machine they built, including the “secret” profile, did what it was supposed to do. Do the same with Green Day and you will find yourself in the right path if what you want to do is to build a viral marketing campaign in the social media era. IMHO of course :) 

EDIT: 

Something new is coming already? 

Ok, I tried to erase the pic. Will a mod help me and let me be a idiot here and just erase the pic. I kept clicking on it while trying to erase. Let it be known that I tried.

I just wanted to say I completely agree. I really enjoyed the way he played this. Now maybe also, you guys can understand why I wouldn’t want to fuck with that, especially since the things I knew were or are conjecture and not fact. You guys are amazing though. I watched some of you figure something out (like one person wrote something so close to the truth and it at the time didn’t even get a reaction and made me laugh). 

I’m liking the tracks more and more as I listen, as tends to happen. 

I think TCB was literally the only album I ever liked on first listen from any band. Could be wrong.

1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

Ok, I tried to erase the pic. Will a mod help me and let me be a idiot here and just erase the pic. I kept clicking on it while trying to erase. Let it be known that I tried.

I just wanted to say I completely agree. I really enjoyed the way he played this. Now maybe also, you guys can understand why I wouldn’t want to fuck with that, especially since the things I knew were or are conjecture and not fact. You guys are amazing though. I watched some of you figure something out (like one person wrote something so close to the truth and it at the time didn’t even get a reaction and made me laugh). 

I’m liking the tracks more and more as I listen, as tends to happen. 

I think TCB was literally the only album I ever liked on first listen from any band. Could be wrong.

TCB?

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

TCB?

Really? Twentyfirst Century Breakdown

Watch this. Winner to name all these.

WICA

AI

WC

BS

BB

MDP

BC

FBHT

THE NOWS

FN

SN

SB

ok, go!

6 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Really? Twentyfirst Century Breakdown

Watch this. Winner to name all these.

WICA

AI

WC

BS

BB

MDP

BC

FBHT

THE NOWS

FN

SN

SB

ok, go!

The canon abbreviation for 21st Century Breakdown around here is "21CB."

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The canon abbreviation for 21st Century Breakdown around here is "21CB."

I would say it’s pretty mixed on both.

Canon means pretty much always and I would say I’ve seen an equal amount. Either way, it’s surprising for me to see someone not know one or the other.

Dont get upset about it now or something though please.

If I just say, my mistake, you’re right. Can it end this discussion now? Coolio! :)

3 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Canon means pretty much always and I would say I’ve seen an equal amount. Either way, it’s surprising for me to see someone not know one or the other.

If I just say, my mistake, you’re right. Can it end this discussion now? Coolio! :)

Um okay lol

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

FLATENT BLASH CAB

4 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Tbh I'm not sure I've seen anyone other than you use TCB over 21CB.

These 3 songs make me feel that they were recorded all at once. Like, tracks were recorded live.

Just Billie re-recording the vocals. 

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived