The Longshot

Beerjeezus

29 minutes ago, l3tt3rb0m8 said:

The new songs Billie released for The Longshot, in my opinion, shows his age. when he was young he was raw with sound and lyrics hyped up on drugs depression and all the things of being a teen. When he was a young adult he and the band pushed for a revolution and used their songs as messages for what they believed in and gained popularity for saying the truth and speaking their minds (taking risks). Now their older, wiser, lived life to the fullest and have years of wisdom. so now were seeing a more mellow Billie and man that is calmer and realizes he has a fan base that will listen so hes more calm in his demeiner hes being sinsear. when everyone gets older their personality becomes calmer and more focused on life and i beleive its that point in billie life where he just wants to enjoy it not fight against it. so this album is most likely going  to be calmer more of a chill day style album and frankly i cant wait !!!!!    

You're right. Billie's calmer now. 

Spoiler

Just kidding :P I definitely agree with your first sentence and get all you say but to me, Billie's songs are still as strongly loaded with uneasy emotions, passion and anger as before. In a wiser, but not calmer way to me. And not complaining about it :wub:.

23 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

Hi sweetie. He also speaks with an higher voice nowadays and... thinking about it now... it's not that different from the nowadays singing.

Hi you sweetie!

I quoted from your post the only thing I could still read because I'm very tired and nearly heading to bed. :sleep: But I feel you, he speaks and records albums with a higher pitch than before, while he sings live in an often beautiful and lower pitch than ever before, which I find outstandingly amazing and beautiful. I just can't help but loving both ends of his voice. :wub: Honestly, if I didn't know it was him, I would hardly recognize his live voice and his album/ speaking voice, from trilogy era and even more currently. I think the common point is just the unique Billie Joe color in his voice, in which included the weird articulation that has always been there in a way or another :D

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Billie Joe's instastory

Tickets on sale 4 pm Pacific Time 4/24 the Wayfarer Costa Mesa and Redwood Bar Los Angeles 4/26

12 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

You're right. Billie's calmer now. 

Hide contents

Just kidding :P I definitely agree with your first sentence and get all you say but to me, Billie's songs are still as strongly loaded with uneasy emotions, passion and anger as before. In a wiser, but not calmer way to me. And not complaining about it :wub:.

Hi you sweetie!

I quoted from your post the only thing I could still read because I'm very tired and nearly heading to bed. :sleep: But I feel you, he speaks and records albums with a higher pitch than before, while he sings live in an often beautiful and lower pitch than ever before, which I find outstandingly amazing and beautiful. I just can't help but loving both ends of his voice. :wub: Honestly, if I didn't know it was him, I would hardly recognize his live voice and his album/ speaking voice, from trilogy era and even more currently. I think the common point is just the unique Billie Joe color in his voice, in which included the weird articulation that has always been there in a way or another :D

Cant argue with that hahaha 

15 minutes ago, desertrose said:

From Billie Joe's instastory

Tickets on sale 4 pm Pacific Time 4/24 the Wayfarer Costa Mesa and Redwood Bar Los Angeles 4/26

Man I wish I could go. 

1 minute ago, Alan86 said:

The EP is up on the Irish Spotify now :):)

I only have access to Chasing a Ghost still.

EDIT: Oh never mind, when I click View Full Album, I can listen to it in full

Going to try to snag tickets to the LA show.  Wish me luck!

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I only have access to Chasing a Ghost still

Try here 

2 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Try here

It's fine, I got it now. I just had to click View Full Album to have access to them

So this has to mean the albums coming out next friday if they are doing shows the following week, right?

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So this has to mean the albums coming out next friday if they are doing shows the following week, right?

That’s what I was thinking. They can’t do shows with only 3 songs.

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

They could play the full album, but that doesn't mean it's coming out by then (but I'm sticking with my guess for next Friday).

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

A TV performance or two would be rad. In LA?

I'd be very surprised if they did anything on TV.  But I've been surprised before...

Just hoping those who are able to go will record and share, like The Coverups.  SO jealous, and wish I didn't haven't to adult right now.  Ha!

Anyone has a bed for me in the US? I wanna see them in LA. it would be daydream, even if I already saw them in France and other places, LOL

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

They could add the ''He-ohhhhhhhhhh''s and sell it.

Ugh I really wish I could make this work, but I think I need to be a responsible adult :(

Man, I need to win the lottery!

I'm going mental. But I'm going to see the longshot twice!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! 

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived