The Longshot

Beerjeezus

19 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Why do you think they want to chart? I honestly think that's the furthest thing from their (or his) mind.  My take is this is just a fun project he's putting out for the fans (and, Record Store Day if my spidey senses are accurate :)).

Although there’s still no mention about the record by Longshot on RSD’s website. Can they give a surprise entry? 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

Although there’s still no mention about the record by Longshot on RSD’s website. Can they give a surprise entry? 

Not sure how that works.

22 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

i'm not sure.

can anyone on here remember how long before record store day Demolicious got announced?

5 minutes ago, imXieli said:

i'm not sure.

can anyone on here remember how long before record store day Demolicious got announced?

This site wrote about the announcement of Demolicious on March 21st

The website lists exclusives only, right?  Maybe it's not an exclusive but still releasing then.  Yeah, let's go with that. lol

These do sound like trilogy songs, and I mean that in the best possible way.

16 hours ago, Junior_Spidey said:

Well, given present circumstances, if they release the album tonight, I wouldn’t be surprised 

What are the "present circumstances" that lead you to believing that?

edit: nvm i found out lol

These songs feel like a bridge between FBHT and Green Day, if such a thing is possible.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Just now, JimmyNimrod said:

:oooo where did these come from?

Reddit :)

Damn I’m out to dinner I can’t play these right now but I want to hear them!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Damn I’m out to dinner I can’t play these right now but I want to hear them!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I’m getting my hair done. I’m going to have to wait another 2 hours... 😩😩

Yay! This is such an interesting direction for him its pretty far removed from punk 

Anybody notice Chasing A ghost begins with "beer stains and cigarettes" like Devils Kind? I'd bet these songs are songs he's written by himself over the last couple of years as opposed to writing them all recently specifically for this project 

chasing a ghost is badass! havent given taxi drive a listen yet, will update this post when i do. BILLIE WE NEED THE LOVE IS FOR LOSERS ALBUM ON THE SPOTIFY ASAP!! :runaround:

edit: i do like taxi driver but i will say i much prefer chasing a ghost! also the 1,2,3,4 at the beginning of taxi driver sounds like billie (not tre, or even joey)  so even with three songs leaked/out we STILL dont know a lick about the members!:confused:

D4Gsb7NYALUQdArp_tVDspjkpxghFbPipcT1o6sY

There´s an EP 

THE LONGSHOT EP

1. Love is for losers

2. Taxi Driver

3. Chasing a ghost

I can´t post the link here though.

I'm a little disappointed with Chasing a Ghost. Difficult to explain but it could be not just a great catchy song but something absolutely amazing. The chorus has this rock-n-roll Who-ish vibe which Billie loves to use here and there lately, which has the epic ponential of "A Quick one while he's away" or "Forever Now". He started to make some layers in the last chorus but he could make much more of it, the same applies to guitarwork with the solo and a little riff before the last chorus, which is a bit underwhelming considering the potential of the song. I know this project is just for fun and I dig the song a lot, but I see a big field for developpment and that's why it seems like a wasted chance.

Still love it so much!

LEAKS!!!! Thanks for sharing :wub: just listening to Chasing A Ghost now, I like it!

Taxi Driver is great.

This feels so much like Warning, and I love it. The "good morning" album!

@LaughingClock I'm responding in your post since you quoted my post, which makes me believe (unless I'm the OP you're mentioning at bottom of your post which i'm not sure about) that you didn't get what I said, so just to make my position clear:

20 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Ok, this is getting out of fucking control. Has what people say ever been in control?

The only thing I said and it’s done is that they would be going into the studio shortly after the tour. That was definitely true. At the time, I knew about the GH album to be and that there would be at least one new song. I absolutely don't ask you to justify yourself...

In this thread, I’ve said that a couple of your own thoughts were down a right path.  Read the last post I made before the Marley one. I don't care that someone tells me my thoughts are down the right path. I forget just it as soon and my thoughts keep evolving through subjects such as this one where I'm mostly guessing. I'm once again glad to be here and thankful to everyone that makes this place be but the only information I'm in the wait for (and moreover in the ask for) is from the band or more accurately Billie as for The Longshot. 

What I said when I said it a couple months ago had nothing to do with this.

Ive said several times, even if I had info, which I said I don’t (I lied, I do) I wasn’t going to give any info because a) it’s not even appreciated by the majority, you guys act like I owe you something. I said on the contrary I understand that you don't give any real info, I'm not waiting for anything...

I am excited just as you guys. I am a fan, a big one, since I was a child. I am as excited as everyone. What I was saying in my last post goes this exact way.

But everyone doesn’t have a whole forum who thinks they owe them something for nothing.

It’s not like I’m sitting here touting I know everything and I’m not telling! Nah nah ha nah nah.

You guys sit here and contrary to what I’m saying circle jerk your way into “This guy is in the know, he can tell us no matter what it means to him at all. In fact, fuck him, I want to know damnit!”. I personally don't think that at all, it's your right to know and I've never been asking you one thing. Besides I think it's not right that you pretend to know what people here think - it seems to me you don't get the sense of my posts already, so as for making a general assumption of what people think...

This is to everyone that is harboring any resentment, distrust or frustration at me. If you are, get some coping skills and enjoy the ride.

To everyone else, peace, love, unity, respect! So you decide what people's state of mind must be from now on whether they think of you in a way or another...?

I've personally never felt any resentment towards you for that information sharing thing. I only see it can be a bit delicate for everyone, when some know more others who sometimes ask to know, but I wasn't bothered by anyone here on one side or the other. And yes I believe you should get to have as fun as everyone else no matter how much you know of it.

Edit****To the OP, definitely not at you and I agree with you. I say all the time, the less I know, the happier I am. It’s like people that want to know that plot to a movie right before they see it. I would much prefer to just get it on the Friday it’s released. TRUTH!

If there as a misunderstanding, it wouldn't be the first one and I don't blame you, I feel awkward explaining stuff on internet anyways and I'm used to be misunderstood. I hope my response here made it clearer for you anyways.

18 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Keep listening.  Force feed that shit god damnit! Ha! No, a few listens helps this track.

For the huge majority of Green Day (and in general Billie) songs, I need to hear them more than once to come to the level of love I have for them.

That being said while I've listened to Chasing a Ghost about 12 times just now and absolutely love it, favorite Longshot thing for me maybe before Love is For Losers until now, and Taxi Driver has also started to grow on me :wub:

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived