Huh ok

9 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

The Longshot is their "real band"?

Yes

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Matt. said:

I can confirm this is the real deal. It is the Coverups' real band.

This doesn’t make sense. If it’s the Coverups, why is Billie not showing clues related to the guys in the Coveruos? His clues involve Jeff M and the two members of Prima Donna. Also the track listing appears to have original songs, not covers.

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

Huh ok

Yes

Like, they're changing the name to the Longshot and doing original material? But with different band members? I don't see how it's the same as the Coverups if it's a different name, songs and line up. Surely just another Green Day side project in that case?

I guess if it is the same line up it makes sense though.

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I mean, there’s a ton of screenshots being posted here and on Facebook fan pages and it’s only cryptic teaser posts right now. I honestly think it’ll be OK. I haven’t been accepted and I feel zero concern that something “big” won’t be leaked.

We don’t even know what this account is yet and everyone’s already getting FOMO. :P 

Thank you. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that people actually feel like this is unfair!

My comments in green:

13 hours ago, squashie09 said:

While I understand the reason some are upset, the owner(s) have never come out and asked people to play “Sherlock” with their posts. Of course they know us fans are driven crazy by the mystery, no other way to try to get some news than to play Sherlock on the media. In fact 90% of the posts dont even have a caption. It just a photo with scribbles and the account name, so how much of a clue is it really? It's not only about the posts themselves, but the fact the only way to know more is to search all around Instagram, Facebook... which I don't do because I don't know that. But it just makes the whole of the fans go even more into that craziness. And I don't like that as such (even if I can figure that, from another point of view, it may be actually funny.) I’ve been following it since before it turned private and I’m not anymore “in the know” than the rest of you..

They/He are adding/accepting people almost every day as the follower count has increased. Just imagine the number of requests that account has right now. I’m guessing it looks like my work email junk folder (in the thousands). 

Since this was a public account in the beginning for a “band”, I’m going to assume that when the time is right, it will be made public again. I don't know what I want to be next, but I'm patiently waiting and it better be good in the end!

Just trying to be a voice of reason here. I don't deny the truth in the reason you make, but even when you make some reason of it, your feelings can just head another way. That's where I'm at. Honestly, I don't feel enough at my ease with social media and internet to like or enjoy the only thing that's left to do in this situation: hang on and on for news via internet with no real visibility. If I had time, I’d screenshot and share the posts, but my life is a bit crazy right now. If something “big” is posted and it’s still private, I will do my best to share it. For now, just try to enjoy the weirdness for what it is. For my part, I think that no one here should feel pressed to give every news that the band hasn't made public yet. I hate to feel pressed and no way I demand something from anyone else than the band. But as I am not getting news elsewhere than here, I'm really grateful to everyone posting on this thread.

12 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I’m genuinely surprised that people would be upset about this. We could have radio silence right now and hear about the side project 2 days before it comes out. At least this way there is something happening while we wait. Why do they owe us anything as far as telling us exactly what’s happening?

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

While for an outsider like me it might feel triggering/wiggering to not be included (even though I know it’s random and not personal), I agree given a choice I’d rather have this than nothing. As a game it has been fun, the posts are not hard to find on facebook if you look.  Something tells me it won’t be for much longer anyway.

I never wanted to compromise... I hear you, but nevertheless, I can't find enjoyable this way of having news. Once again, I don't want to be forced to search in a way I'm not used to, as to get informed. It's stressful. Racing on Internet (as to get news, because as fans we absolutely want to know) is stressful and they're provoking that right now. I'm just kinda avoiding it... not hanging elsewhere than here.  

9 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Thank you. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that people actually feel like this is unfair!

I never used the word unfair, I'm not making judgments, I just personally don't feel comfortable with it; the less I need to go on social media, the better I feel. I'm not able myself to try and get news this way, while I love GD so much and want to have news...     

12 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

My comments in green:

I never wanted to compromise... I hear you, but nevertheless, I can't find enjoyable this way of having news. Once again, I don't want to be forced to search in a way I'm not used to, as to get informed. It's stressful. Racing on Internet (as to get news, because as fans we absolutely want to know) is stressful and they're provoking that right now. I'm just kinda avoiding it... not hanging elsewhere than here.  

I never used the word unfair, I'm not making judgments, I just personally don't feel comfortable with it; the less I need to go on social media, the better I feel. I'm not able myself to try and get news this way, while I love GD so much and want to have news...     

I'm trying to understand your side of this but I'm a little confused on your comments. Your problem isn't with the private account but how news is filtered out to the public via the internet?

Also, pacejunkie punk has shared all of the posts that the Longshot account has up via a link right here in this thread. 

All of this is weird. Dont know If Im right, but Prima Donna just release a new song recently and a new album is in coming March 30... Why make a new band?

11 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

It's cool, I wasn't singling anyone out. However there does seem to be a general attitude of unfairness in this thread. Believe me, I'm as excited as anyone else at the potential for whatever this project is going to be. But as I said last night, I'm content to sit and watch from the sidelines as it all unfolds, acknowledging that not everyone thinks the same way I do; I realize some want to dig deeper and be more involved in this ... let's call it mystery. I respect those opinions, I just don't quite understand them

No one is entitled to be accepted to a private page the “Green Day hasn’t kept us from anything before” well this isn’t Green Day we aren’t being kept away from any Green Day info the page will most likely become public again when they want it to 

For those who are accepted, what kind of content do the other followers have, any pics, information? Interestingly, do they want just random people to follow them or diehard fans whom accounts are full of Green Day stuff?

28 minutes ago, greenalert997x said:

For those who are accepted, what kind of content do the other followers have, any pics, information? Interestingly, do they want just random people to follow them or diehard fans whom accounts are full of Green Day stuff?

I don't think there's a method to who they accept and there's no way to tell who has been added after they changed to a private account.

40 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

“Green Day hasn’t kept us from anything before”

Yeah, except pretty much only bringing the Foxboro Hot Tubs and "secret shows" to California and New York...

Only performing as Sweet Children at one show...

Yeah, everyone is entitled to experience every Green Day thing ever. Everywhere. Or otherwise they suck and aren't themselves anymore. :P 

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Like, they're changing the name to the Longshot and doing original material? But with different band members? I don't see how it's the same as the Coverups if it's a different name, songs and line up. Surely just another Green Day side project in that case?

I guess if it is the same line up it makes sense though.

All I've been told is that The Longshot is a real band and it is the same members as the Coverups. I don't know about the material, other than what everyone else here has been able to figure out.

27 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, except pretty much only bringing the Foxboro Hot Tubs and "secret shows" to California and New York...

Only performing as Sweet Children at one show...

Yeah, everyone is entitled to experience every Green Day thing ever. Everywhere. Or otherwise they suck and aren't themselves anymore. :P 

Yeah it's very similar to other sneaky side project stuff they've done (eg cryptic stuff when they first came out with FBHT that only those who followed very closely knew about at first, as well as secret shows etc), and I think they're actually doing their best to include fans as much as they can while still keeping it relatively secret and low key. They could just do it all privately, instead they're going to the trouble of randomly adding people (maybe they want to keep it under a certain number?), knowing that they'll spread it to others as well to quietly let fans in on it as a fun mysterious thing. 

There wouldn't be a way to include every GD fan without making it too obvious and too big a deal, but as it is anyone who's interested enough can find out just as much as anyone they've added anyway since everything's been shared so I don't really see who's left out. 

19 minutes ago, Matt. said:

All I've been told is that The Longshot is a real band and it is the same members as the Coverups. I don't know about the material, other than what everyone else here has been able to figure out.

Ahh I see that makes sense then! Awesome

30 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Ahh I see that makes sense then! Awesome

Does it make sense though? Because if the Longshot is the Coverups, why post  no pics relevant to the Coverup guys and multiple pics relevant to the Prima Donna guys and Jeff M?

19 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Does it make sense though? Because if the Longshot is the Coverups, why post  no pics relevant to the Coverup guys and multiple pics relevant to the Prima Donna guys and Jeff M?

And why make The Coverups account public and this one private? 

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

No one is entitled to be accepted to a private page the “Green Day hasn’t kept us from anything before” well this isn’t Green Day we aren’t being kept away from any Green Day info the page will most likely become public again when they want it to 

“Green Day hasn’t kept us from anything before” has not been my argument, and I've been following them on Internet too recently to even tell that; but as it is now, we can get info but by searching on social media which I don't like, that's most of my point. 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Yeah it's very similar to other sneaky side project stuff they've done (eg cryptic stuff when they first came out with FBHT that only those who followed very closely knew about at first, as well as secret shows etc), and I think they're actually doing their best to include fans as much as they can while still keeping it relatively secret and low key. They could just do it all privately, instead they're going to the trouble of randomly adding people (maybe they want to keep it under a certain number?), knowing that they'll spread it to others as well to quietly let fans in on it as a fun mysterious thing. 

There wouldn't be a way to include every GD fan without making it too obvious and too big a deal, but as it is anyone who's interested enough can find out just as much as anyone they've added anyway since everything's been shared so I don't really see who's left out. 

No one's potentially left out indeed. Even without hanging on Facebook or Instagram the info is still posted here which I'm grateful for. While I'm not comfortable with the media and the band's use of it (I don't try to make sense of it for now, waiting to see), I can imagine they do have fun. And all the better if most of the fans, at their ease with internet, do as well. I just feel very awkward with that stuff. While impatient to know what's all about.

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

I just mean if it turns out to be the same band line up it makes sense for Coverups/The Longshot to be considered different versions of the same band (rather than just as two different GD side projects). I'm as confused as anyone about the other stuff.

26 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

“Green Day hasn’t kept us from anything before” has not been my argument, and I've been following them on Internet too recently to even tell that; but as it is now, we can get info but by searching on social media which I don't like, that's most of my point. 

No one's potentially left out indeed. Even without hanging on Facebook or Instagram the info is still posted here which I'm grateful for. While I'm not comfortable with the media and the band's use of it (I don't try to make sense of it for now, waiting to see), I can imagine they do have fun. And all the better if most of the fans, at their ease with internet, do as well. I just feel very awkward with that stuff. While impatient to know what's all about.

I don’t recall ever saying that it was your argument

Man, if I were in Green Day and read some of the entitlement on this forum, I'd probably want to hide my new music too.

35 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Man, if I were in Green Day and read some of the entitlement on this forum, I'd probably want to hide my new music too.

Yup, how people can feel hurt by a private instagram account is confusing beyond belief. If theres new music it'll be released publicly, no-one has been purposely excluded. The band are clearly choosing to leak information in very small quantities, very slowly. All new posts get shared on here pretty quickly, just because you didn't see it first doesn't mean you've not seen it. 

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived