on the radio

jacob talley

Going by what you just said I'd take a guess at it being on there for less than 24 hours.

Is there a prize for the correct answer?

Is it me or is this specific recording from 1992 the subject of like a million differently named bootlegs? 

I wonder if they saw how popular it was on YouTube and decided it made sense to make it available officially. May as well grab those streams for yourselves.  Good idea. 

30 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

what is this?

It was an in studio radio performance they did on the Kerplunk tour.

7 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

what is this?

it's a bootleg of a radio performance in 1992

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Now it’s gone from Spotify. How bizarre.

I just did a search in my Spotify for "on the radio green day" and it came up for me. It's not on their artist page "overview" though.

4 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I just did a search in my Spotify for "on the radio green day" and it came up for me. It's not on their artist page "overview" though.

Same here. Most likely because it's not a official release by the band. In the past there have been "interview" albums that were on the page but have since been removed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this on CD since the late 90s and I decided to listen to it today. It's weird though because my CD says that it was recorded on August 1st 1994 but I always thought that that didn't seem right...

isn't this the radio performance that was included in the special features on the remastered 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours CD?

Archived