Cleveland HOB 2015 Soundcheck

pacejunkie punk

So cool! Listen with headphones. It sounds like you’re in the room with them. They soundcheck and rehearse loads of songs including 99 Revolutions, Private Ale, Stuart and the Ave, and a couple of Op Ivy/Rancid with Tim Armstrong. Some funny chat too.

https://m.soundcloud.com/nameloc01/green-day-cleveland-oh-41615-hob-soundcheck

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is amazing quality- right off the soundboard. This is a real treat to listen to, especially since the live stuff is usually captured "over the air" and muddied as a result. This really shows how sharp their live musicianship is, even though it's a midday/ casual sound check. These guys are really, really good. This is some tight playing. Thanks for posting!

Soundboard Stuart and the Ave.!? Those are words i'd thought i'd never hear in the same sentence! Oh my God, yes! :runaround:

99 Revolutions

Are We The Waiting

St. Jimmy (partial)

Knowledge (3x)

Radio (4x)

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Private Ale

Christie Road (partial)

Stuart and the Ave

Minority 

I assume the conversation goes something like “I hear AlissaGoesRAWR is out there. We should soundcheck Stuart and the Ave. and play it for her tonight,” right? 

:P 

This is great, thanks so much for sharing @pacejunkie punk

Billie - "I need to go over the words backstage"

Mike - "I don't know any of this" 

Love these guys and this was a great listen, feels really intimate.

1 minute ago, jengd said:

This is great, thanks so much for sharing @pacejunkie punk

Billie - "I need to go over the words backstage"

Mike - "I don't know any of this" 

Love these guys and this was a great listen, feels really intimate.

Like being a fly on the wall 😉 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Like being a fly on the wall 😉 

Totally, and so cool to hear them messing around with songs we know so well, love the Minority spoken part!

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

Totally, and so cool to hear them messing around with songs we know so well, love the Minority spoken part!

That was really funny :lol:

Wow ... this is special stuff.   Definitely listen through headphones, although I had the volume up high to catch the dialogue so now I’m slightly deaf.   Worth it though!   Maybe just don’t listen at bedtime as I’m now so pumped and full of energy.  You know that feeling when the support band goes off and you watch the crew and hear the odd drum kick or guitar note and all the excitement is building and then Bohemian Rhapsody starts?   That’s where I am right now, I feel like I’m ready for take off!     

Reminds me how much I love live music full stop not just GD, there is something magical about that raw sound of guitars and drums.   In my next life I’m coming back with a set of balls, an electric guitar and an amp because these guys are living the best life.    

I have goosebumps thinking how the last time I heard Tim Armstrong live was at Sheffield before they came on - one of my favourite gigs.   I have goosebumps thinking about how special this time was for them and how RevRad was all to come but we just didn’t know it yet.   That second Knowledge was great and the drum intro to AWTW is one of their best, I love hearing it like this.

And, on the off chance band or management read this, forget VIP - I would pay handsomely to listen to soundcheck.

39 minutes ago, uptightallthetime said:

And, on the off chance band or management read this, forget VIP - I would pay handsomely to listen to soundcheck.

I would too but it wouldn’t be the same. You would never capture this with an audience present, it would become like a performance. They’d need to not know we were there somehow. I’ll just take more recordings like this from more shows. 

You can download it here :) I split all the tracks!

15 hours ago, Alf said:

Imagine if he'd got the Sweet Children soundcheck

They didn't soundcheck at the HOB. They only practiced together once before they flew out to Ohio. 

6 hours ago, uptightallthetime said:

Wow ... this is special stuff.   Definitely listen through headphones, although I had the volume up high to catch the dialogue so now I’m slightly deaf.   Worth it though!   Maybe just don’t listen at bedtime as I’m now so pumped and full of energy.  You know that feeling when the support band goes off and you watch the crew and hear the odd drum kick or guitar note and all the excitement is building and then Bohemian Rhapsody starts?   That’s where I am right now, I feel like I’m ready for take off!     

Reminds me how much I love live music full stop not just GD, there is something magical about that raw sound of guitars and drums.   In my next life I’m coming back with a set of balls, an electric guitar and an amp because these guys are living the best life.    

I have goosebumps thinking how the last time I heard Tim Armstrong live was at Sheffield before they came on - one of my favourite gigs.   I have goosebumps thinking about how special this time was for them and how RevRad was all to come but we just didn’t know it yet.   That second Knowledge was great and the drum intro to AWTW is one of their best, I love hearing it like this.

Trust me, I've been there for soundcheck  (shameless brag but had to throw that in there), and this is nothing like a normal soundcheck. This was clearly for a special show. The normal soundcheck is phenomenal for sure, but it's generally a few songs they play every night and a whole lot of KFAD. They're just trying to get loose and get a feel for the acoustics. In this instance, tbough, they were more "rehearsing" than normal, which makes this really special. I can't believe this was caught on soundboad and shared. Amazing!

3 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

this is nothing like a normal soundcheck. 

Saw those on Billie’s insta stories last year🤪   You’re right, it’s amazing this was captured and we get to listen to it as it was for a special show in specific circumstances.   I’ve been outside venues during soundcheck so I know this was not the usual but I would pay for just 10 minutes of normal.   

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You would never capture this with an audience present, it would become like a performance. They’d need to not know we were there somehow. 

I would pay extra for the invisibility cloak. 

This is so amazing, thanks for sharing @pacejunkie punk

@Hermione have you listened to this? I must agree with you, the high-pitched funny voice should be forbidden by law. I was listening in public and almost gasped "oh please don't" loud when I heard it. 

Archived