Happy 46th Birthday Billie Joe!

pouty bitch

Is this thread-worthy? Sorry if it's not, but it bloody well should be!

I know it's not technically his birthday yet because it isn't past midnight in California, but it is past midnight here in the UK and people are already posting about his bday on Instagram so fuck it. Plus, I've been looking forward to this day for 3 weeks now, I was so damn excited for it:runaround: (even though it doesn't involve me in any way lol:lol:).

So yeah, this thread is for celebrating the most amazing frontman of the most wonderful band (and my personal favourite human:wub:) gracing this planet for 46 years. 46 years of making people smile/laugh, writing catchy relatable songs, playing electrifying gigs, putting up with so much shit, being an excellent role model, sticking up for the minority, saving lives, and just being an all-round legend.:ga:

I'm so proud of him and everything he's achieved in those 46 years. Happy Birthday, Billie!:dance:

It is now midnight here in Montreal. So yes, happy birthday Billie! Best frontman in the world and one amazing human being who inspired so many people everywhere. May the next year be full of good surprises for him.

Since this time last year, so many fans have lost artists they love, often much too soon. I know it’s not the same as losing someone you know personally, but when it comes to the musicians who have influenced us and stuck by us in our darkest times, I can’t imagine how painful it must be to lose them. Such losses have reminded me to be present and grateful for  the fact that my favorite band exists on this earth the same time as me. Still breathing. Still alive.

This dude has influenced me so deeply and adds so much to my life. Whether he’s writing how I feel in song or posting a goofy dad joke on social media, Billie has given me so much happiness. He makes me proud to be a Green Day fan.

Happy Birthday, old man. Thank you for being my favorite human. I kinda adore you.

I hope he sees this thread full of love. Happy birthday Billie Joe 💚 Thank you for the music 🎸 You rock my world every day and I’m so grateful that you’re in it. 46 years young and still on top of your game. Stay weird and wonderful 🤘🤟

Happy birthday Billie! May you have many more happy years on earth with all of us Idiots. :)

Dear God if Billie Joe Armstrong doesn't live forever, the universe and I are going to have a serious problem. Fortunately, no matter what, BJ will live on through all the lives he's touched, saved, and improved.

Thank you BJA so much for still writing and singing and saying your piece. The world is 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better for it. You've changed my life in the best way. Rock on.

Happy birthday Billie! Thank you for being the amazing role model I so desperately needed and for shaping me into the person that I am today. Thank you for helping me get through my darkest times and for giving me such joy. Thank you for your music and the passion you put into it. Thank you for always staying true to yourself and standing up for what you believe in. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU :wub: 

Happy birthday Billie, thank you for writing the soundtrack to my life, thank you for making me cry and laugh, thank you for giving me hope in my darkest times (#stillbreathing) and for all the precious memories. You have no idea what it means to me. You've never been more adorable and wonderful than you are now. All the best, dear! :wub:

(Oh and just switch "Burnsie" with "Billie" in this song:D)

Happy birthday Billie. You’ve changed so many lives through your songwriting and by being a stellar motherfucker. Thanks for being there for what is now almost half my life. :wub: 

I'm actually kinda glad that his birthday is so close to Valentine's Day - it gives me an excuse to be extra fangirly twice in one week.:lol::wub:

I just feel so honoured and blessed to exist in the same lifetime as him. I'm so grateful to him because he has made me a better person and he truly makes life worth living. He's something special and I'll never ever take him for granted. I hope he lives a long, happy, healthy life.:)

Happy Birthday Billie Joe!  thank you for your wonderful songs and showmanship.  Your words of wisdom and protest.

Have a great Birthday today!

Happy Birthday Billie Joe Armstrong. You were mentioned in the Post and Courier; the local newspaper in Charleston, South Carolina, as celebrities born on this date!  

This man saved my life with his beautiful written lyrics and songs. I struggled so much in 2012 with my depression (and that wasn't so great time to Billie either) and his songs (especially Let Yourself Go that September) were what I needed most in my life: a courage to tell people fuck off and be myself. My guitar playing started in 2012 because of Wake Me Up When September Ends. I learned do solos thanks to American Idiot. I found my own music taste (punk rock) thanks to Dookie. I formed a band in 2013 because of She.

So many good memories and all related to Green Day. Happy birthday Billie Joe Armstrong!

NegativeQuerulousCapybara-size_restricte

Note to self: You can find so many horrible Green Day collages by Googling “happy birthday Billie Joe.” :mellow:

All of the idiots wish you a Happy Birthday Billie!!, :wub: You’ve been such a great influence on me, and some of my friends!

Archived