West Coast Customs to premiere episode Green Day Book Mobile Wheels for Wishes January 23 @ 9 PM on Velocity

desertrose

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea I actually got this channel and was so happy to find out I did!

1) “I love the fact there’s no law enforcement in the city of Cleveland, Ohio. It’s great!” - Tre. :lol: I LOLed at this and loved seeing all the shots of Cleveland and the Rock Hall

2) I will never, ever, ever forgive myself for missing them stop at the Rock Hall to see this. They freaking picked them up at House of Blues which is right across the street from where I work! I spent that whole day looking for them down in parks near the Blossom venue and of course they just strolled right down Euclid and E.9th to the Rock Hall. Sigh...someday I'll get the chance to thank them in person.

Anyone have any idea when Green Day's part of this was filmed? I haven't watched the episode yet

1 hour ago, tdlyon said:

Anyone have any idea when Green Day's part of this was filmed? I haven't watched the episode yet

Last August :)

There are no channels in the UK that air this show :dry: 

The first 6 seasons are on Netflix but Green Day are on series 8 so doesn't look like we can watch it any time soon without it being uploaded online.

9 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I will never, ever, ever forgive myself for missing them stop at the Rock Hall to see this. They freaking picked them up at House of Blues which is right across the street from where I work! I spent that whole day looking for them down in parks near the Blossom venue and of course they just strolled right down Euclid and E.9th to the Rock Hall. Sigh...someday I'll get the chance to thank them in person.

Mine was a near miss too I was on my way to Blossom while they were there.  :cry: I remember that was why the soundcheck was a bit later than usual. 

I watched this last night. I think it’s really cool West Coast Customs was able to repair and fix all that stuff that was in the bookmobile. Also this was filmed the same day as the show I went to at  Blossom Music Center so this episode brings back some great memories as they show a snippet of the concert from that night.  I actually have a funny story. On my way to Blossom I thought Green Day was already there. I got there between 5:30 6:00 I believe. I was at a 4 way stop near the venue coming from the back way when I saw their tour bus coming down from the other side. We ended up following them all the way down the path almost near their private parking garage! I was so excited because I’ve never experienced that before so it was definitely a highlight of that night. The way they came was the same way if your coming from Downtown Cleveland and right after they passed us I found out they were at the Rock Hall from seeing a picture that Mike posted on Instagram. I did end up taking some pics of their bus but don’t know how to post them on here. 

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Mine was a near miss too I was on my way to Blossom while they were there.  :cry: I remember that was why the soundcheck was a bit later than usual. 

Same. I'm still kicking myself since I found out about it the next day :lol:

On 24/01/2018 at 3:16 AM, AmyxLongview said:

So has it been sold yet...? Where's the auction?

One of the things I saw yesterday said it would be auctioned this Autumn, Fall.

3 hours ago, jengd said:

How much do you think something like this would go for? Their iconic tour bus full of artifacts, replicas, a safe and their signatures? $250,000-400,000? 

49 minutes ago, jengd said:

Heavens knows, I mean, what would you do with it?  Unless a body like the Rock Hall buy it?

They’d sooner hope someone would buy it and donate or loan it to them for display. Even museums don’t typically spend that kind of money for items. It’s a small market for sure but there are rich collectors out there.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’d sooner hope someone would buy it and donate or loan it to them for display. Even museums don’t typically spend that kind of money for items. It’s a small market for sure but there are rich collectors out there.

Yeah, it'll most likely disappear into a private collection I guess.

7 hours ago, jengd said:

Thanks! I'll be saving up my money until then :lol:

I recorded the 1080p version for people who would like to watch outside the US and uploaded it on youtube - Also if anyone from the US want's the raw 1080p let me know and will put it on MEGA :D.

This is so cool, it's really great how they rescued it and restored it so well. And to benefit a good cause. Also Billie's outfit that day (Hawaiian shirt, women's sunglasses and badge with himself as a child on it) is the greatest.

Archived