Jump to content
Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
JardyOfSuburbia

You know you're a Green Day fan when...

Recommended Posts

pouty bitch

When your family/friends' way of cheering you up when you're feeling down is to excessively swear at you because it reminds you of Billie and makes you smile.:lol::wub:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
duckez

Me last night: When you're watching the show Anne of Green Gables (a popular thing in Canada), and whenever someone mentions Green Gables, you hear it as Green Daybles

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jrem

When your friend is playing the new J Cole album and you keep asking him to put on that song Motiv8 where Cole says "And I got bread like I'm Green Day"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BUBBYBUB

When you set your alarm buy longshot tickets and are taking your 77 yr old friend with you:runaround:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jrem

When your friend who "hates Green Day" is suddenly singing along to Bang Bang.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pouty bitch

When you literally won't talk to anyone unless they speak to you in GD lyrics.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montclare

When even the most common words/phrases make you think of Green Day.  My co-worker said bus route, my mind goes to Nightlife.  My boss said whatshername, my mind goes to, well, Whatshername.  I read the word kitty, my mind goes to Diesel, Peaches, and Gary.  I hear the word hyena on tv, and I burst out laughing because it makes me think of Billie's weird pronunciation of it.  I think my brain is hardwired to connect everything to Green Day now.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider
1 minute ago, Montclare said:

When even the most common words/phrases make you think of Green Day.  My co-worker said bus route, my mind goes to Nightlife.  My boss said whatshername, my mind goes to, well, Whatshername.  I read the word kitty, my mind goes to Diesel, Peaches, and Gary.  I hear the word hyena on tv, and I burst out laughing because it makes me think of Billie's weird pronunciation of it.  I think my brain is hardwired to connect everything to Green Day now.

Does this count - I have to buy my daughter tickets to Hot Dub time machine

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd
8 hours ago, Montclare said:

When even the most common words/phrases make you think of Green Day.  My co-worker said bus route, my mind goes to Nightlife.  My boss said whatshername, my mind goes to, well, Whatshername.  I read the word kitty, my mind goes to Diesel, Peaches, and Gary.  I hear the word hyena on tv, and I burst out laughing because it makes me think of Billie's weird pronunciation of it.  I think my brain is hardwired to connect everything to Green Day now.

Hm, this is the second time I’ve read his pronounciation of hyena is odd but I don’t hear anything weird, what is the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montclare
6 hours ago, jengd said:

Hm, this is the second time I’ve read his pronounciation of hyena is odd but I don’t hear anything weird, what is the difference?

It sounds like he's saying "hee-na" rather than "hi-e-na".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd
39 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It sounds like he's saying "hee-na" rather than "hi-e-na".

Ha, I hear hi-e-na but there you go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
45 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It sounds like he's saying "hee-na" rather than "hi-e-na".

He says hi-e-na but what you’re not hearing is an “a”. So it’s not “I am a hee-na” it’s “I am hy-e-na”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montclare
1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He says hi-e-na but what you’re not hearing is an “a”. So it’s not “I am a hee-na” it’s “I am hy-e-na”

I think you may be right.  Well, that's weird too. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Montclare

When you're setting up your dehumidifier because the humidity is 1,000,000% and all you can think of is this.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Roshi
On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

He says hi-e-na but what you’re not hearing is an “a”. So it’s not “I am a hee-na” it’s “I am hy-e-na”

I think he says "I am a hyena (hee-na)" (therefore with the strange pronunciation) because if you hear closely the "h" sound doesn't come before the "a" sound (as in "hy(ai)-e-na"), but after it ("I am a hee-na").

Moreover, he posted these lyrics in one of those early Instagram posts, and it read "I am a hyena".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clockwise
11 hours ago, Master Roshi said:

I think he says "I am a hyena (hee-na)" (therefore with the strange pronunciation) because if you hear closely the "h" sound doesn't come before the "a" sound (as in "hy(ai)-e-na"), but after it ("I am a hee-na").

Moreover, he posted these lyrics in one of those early Instagram posts, and it read "I am a hyena".

Nah it's "I am hyena", that's even how he phrases it in the instagram post if you go back and check.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Roshi
6 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Nah it's "I am hyena", that's even how he phrases it in the instagram post if you go back and check.

True! Then I was talking shit, but it really sounds like that to me :lol: I'm sorry, my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solongfromthestars

When you hear Green Day playing in a shop and feel like a proud parent

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pouty bitch

When you pick your drink up off the table and see that it's left rings on the table, and the first thing you think of is the OW movie.:lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider
14 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When you pick your drink up off the table and see that it's left rings on the table, and the first thing you think of is the OW movie.:lol:

My daughter reached for a coaster - OW movie was the first thing I thought of😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

When your heart palpitates when a new Green Day music video is released 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pouty bitch

Every time you start to write/type something that begins with the letter G, you always accidentally type Green Day instead of what you were supposed to write.:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×