You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I have a friend whose sister was moving to Sugarland, TX. You should have seen my face when she told me :lol:

Imagine being able to say that dirty city is indeed your Sugartown.

You know you're a Green Day fan when that's an acceptable joke to make.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Imagine being able to say that dirty city is indeed your Sugartown.

If only I wouldn't have to explain by showing them Nightlife :lol:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Montclare said:

When you're looking at a pizza menu, see one called "Dad Bod" and your mind goes to Billie.

(Maybe that should go on the Fangirls page...)

You're welcome. :rudys:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Continuing the pizza theme, I've just been out for a meal (lasagne) and they had pizza Gloria on the menu. I now have "Gloria, Viva la Gloria!" stuck in my head! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Continuing the pizza theme, I've just been out for a meal (lasagne) and they had pizza Gloria on the menu. I now have "Gloria, Viva la Gloria!" stuck in my head! 

Damn I'm happy for not being the only one like that. It don't take us a lot to think about them 😂
The sad part is that I'm like the only one liking that much Green Day in my group of friends/family. So I can't even share my thought.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

The sad part is that I'm like the only one liking that much Green Day in my group of friends/family. So I can't even share my thought.

That’s why we all come here  - it’s therapeutic, well, apart from the album anticipation thread 😂😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I'm going out with my friends we always go to a bar where there is a band or a guitar player.
BUT 
I hate it when the band start playing Basket Case and fucked up the lyrics. Nobody in the bar even realize it's not the right words and I'm the only fan bother by that.

He SHE says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down
He SHE said my life's a bore

And at the second chorus he repeats: ''Or Am I just stoned'' instead of ''Ya ya ya''

ANYWAY it's nothing but as a fan it's heavy to hear :P 

• Like 1

When you listen to the end of Welcome to Paradise on the radio hoping for a hint & the announcer says 1994 the release of Dookie what an (then it cuts into an advertisement)  & you sit there pondering if they know & have a pre-recording ready.😏

When someone mentions the song Holiday and you think they're talking about GD until you remember that there are thousands of other songs called Holiday lol.

As a side note, I just googled songs called Holiday to see how many there were, and GD was the first one that came up (which surprised me because every time I've googled Holiday in the past it always comes up with either the Madonna song or the Dizzee Rascal song first), so now I can die happy.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 8:40 AM, Beerjeezus said:

You see a signed record but don't want to stare at it for too long and appear like a screeching fangirl so you opt for taking a photo as unsuspiciously as possible which results in the blurriest image ever seen and then you're a little sad about it.

attempt to appear unfazed ft. shaky hands from an internal freakout:

I totally did this at 1234 go records.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Insider said:

I totally did this at 1234 go records.

And it hangs right above the front counter where it’s obvious as hell if you want to take a photo ☺️

When you can't hear the word summer without thinking about the SummerTM debate in the new album thread. Not that we've had a "summer" here with only one week of hot weather. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 5:00 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

And it hangs right above the front counter where it’s obvious as hell if you want to take a photo ☺️

Mine was right opposite the counter so the person sitting behind me would get a good view of my camera if they looked. Can't win :P

When your two moods are 'Bang Bang by Green Day and 'Bang Bang' by Cher.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this makes me look embarrassingly dorky but I'm posting it anyway because it's genuinely one of the best things that's ever happened to me.:lol:

So I was playing Hempire and I named my Hempire Cup strain after Green Day because obviously the weed reference is fitting (and also I'm a dork and I'm terrible at making up names), and then I ended up getting exactly 1039 points in the Hempire Cup, so now I'm freaking out so bad because it's like the most perfect coincidence ever.:wub:

I am wayyyy too happy about this, I've genuinely gone giddy.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Montclare said:

When this pops up as an ad for you.  Twice.  In 5 minutes.  On separate pages.

Saving this for the next time he grows a beard :lol:

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Saving this for the next time he grows a beard :lol:

I had the exact same thought before I saw your post.

• Haha 1

You change into your civilian clothes right before leaving base and one of the drill sergeants (from another platoon!) says, "Why does it not surprise me that [Blayr] is wearing a Green Day shirt?!"

• Haha 3

Yesterday  I said that everyone in the Bible dies. My dad said “Everyone dies, even Green Day. Just think even Trè Cool will become Trè Dead someday.” I then started screaming while I got a shot of water. And my mom congratulated my dad for breaking me. I’m in ruins now that I know that even GREEN DAY dies. Even GREEN DAY ! 😭

• Sad 1