You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

When no other band can even come close to make you feel the way they do.  So many of my favorites are having issues at this point in their career.   

+44 - probably never getting back together.  :(

System of a down - can't make a new album due to  disagreements  :(

Nirvana -  a new album with some of these amazing singers they've teamed up with?  unlikely :(

Staind - Aaron has gone solo country, and put a stop to a great rock band.  :(

Cold - what's going on with these guys?  8 years and no album! :(

Linkin Park - Even if they can recover, nothing will ever be the same :(

Box Car Racer - probably never getting back together :(

Weezer -  their discography is taking a nosedive.  YIKES

The Offspring - Their new album is like a cable guy - will come out sometime between 2013 and 2060.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

When no other band can even come close to make you feel the way they do.  So many of my favorites are having issues at this point in their career.   

+44 - probably never getting back together.  :(

System of a down - can't make a new album due to  disagreements  :(

Nirvana -  a new album with some of these amazing singers they've teamed up with?  unlikely :(

Staind - Aaron has gone solo country, and put a stop to a great rock band.  :(

Cold - what's going on with these guys?  8 years and no album! :(

Linkin Park - Even if they can recover, nothing will ever be the same :(

Box Car Racer - probably never getting back together :(

Weezer -  their discography is taking a nosedive.  YIKES

The Offspring - Their new album is like a cable guy - will come out sometime between 2013 and 2060.  

I don't even want to listen to the new Weezer album at this point. I've heard all 5 of the (mediocre) previously released tracks from the album already. Don't think the deep cuts will do anything for me

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This makes me nervous for the next Green day album. I don’t ever want them to tank 😟

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This makes me nervous for the next Green day album. I don’t ever want them to tank 😟

I wouldn't be nervous. Billie never ceases to amaze :wub:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah, it's nerve-racking between albums.  What if Green Day make a terrible album?  What if they go a totally different direction and it's no good?  What if they pander to a younger crowd in a desperate attempt to sound cool and make new fans (which doesn't work)  What if, after 22+ years of fandom, I suddenly don't like what they do anymore? 

Green Day have a good track record, so I think we're good. 

I listed bands that I miss or let me down.  Here's some that HAVEN'T let me down yet to get our spirits up.  These are the bands that I feel have no bad albums AND are still active as a band in 2019.   Keep it up guys!!!!!

Transplants!  -  tend to take a hiatus between albums, but they are WORTH IT.

Against Me!   - quickly climbing toward Green Day levels of awesomeness, Laura Jane Grace is taking Punk Rock to places it didn't really plan on going!  Also, unlike these other guys, haven't taken any extended breaks.  I hope their taking care of themselves. 

Scars on Broadway - there was a decade long gap between albums, but now their back and churning out great music!

Slipknot - Solid discography in my opinion, and their breaks between albums aren't crazy long.     

• Like 3

I mean, didn't they kind of flop with the trilogy? They tried something new and ambitious and it didn't exactly work out. Yet, they recovered quite well with RevRad, so I don't think we have too much to worry about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I mean, didn't they kind of flop with the trilogy? They tried something new and ambitious and it didn't exactly work out. Yet, they recovered quite well with RevRad, so I don't think we have too much to worry about.

But I love the trilogy. That wasn’t a flop to me. I’m more afraid of what if they put out something and I don’t like it? But I tell myself that they’re probably way more worried about that than I am which is why they work so hard at not sucking 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But I love the trilogy. That wasn’t a flop to me. I’m more afraid of what if they put out something and I don’t like it? But I tell myself that they’re probably way more worried about that than I am which is why they work so hard at not sucking 🙂

I like the trilogy too! I more meant it didn't perform well commercially and it's not their most popular release with a huge chunk of the fanbase. But as someone else mentioned, they have a good track record, unlike other bands. The first one that comes to mind is Bullet For My Valentine. 

They have this weird pattern of following up a great album, with a bad one and so far it hasn't failed.

The Poison - Stellar

Scream, Aim, Fire - meh - pales in comparison

Fever - Return to form, awesome

Temper Temper - Bland 

Venom - Kick ass

Gravity - WTF is this even?

• Haha 1

I think GD are in it for all the right reasons and love having such a mixed fan base, even though they don’t actively pursue it.  Have faith, I as pretty nervous about Revrad but love it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I was broken hearted when the Trilogy promotion stopped, but the albums didn't disappoint. I adore the Trilogy. 

Speaking of disappointment, the new Weezer album is growing on me.  I might end up liking it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I was broken hearted when the Trilogy promotion stopped, but the albums didn't disappoint. I adore the Trilogy. 

Speaking of disappointment, the new Weezer album is growing on me.  I might end up liking it.

I like the trilogy too! It's not perfect and it has its problems, but there's some damn good songs on it. I hate that the era is bittersweet. I remember being soooo excited about the albums coming out and how I stayed up listening to Uno and the excitement I felt buying my very first Green Day concert ticket. But the iHeart Radio aftermath also makes it a bit of a sad time. And I wasn't even watching the event at the time because I didn't know Green Day were playing the show. But at least the RevRad is full of amazing moments!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scumbag On A Mission said:

When you walk past the Hot Topic at your local shopping mall (a store that you don't frequent), you hear "Burnout" playing inside the store, and you stand in the store's entrance for twenty minutes as they play Dookie in it's entirety. (I didn't stick around for the entire album, but I stuck around for the first half of the track listing and I imagine they eventually finished out the album :blink:

I wonder if they played the bonus track.  :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Insider said:

When you are subjecting the tradesmen in your house to your GD catalogue & KFAD plays & you don't bother skipping it🤣

I ALWAYS MAKE MY COWORKERS SUFFER THROUGH IT :lol: like you will accept the thought of drag queen billie or you will quit you weak-minded peasants! :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

When you associate New York with AI and Billie and know that he goes there a lot and even though you know he's working on songs back home you secretly wish you could bump into him in NY.

In short, I'm going to NY tomorrow and I wish he was there now so I could have a chance of running into him. 

• Like 2

The main reason you sat thru Varsity Blues in theatres in 1999 was because you knew Nice Guys Finish Last was part of its soundtrack.

Whenever you melt butter in a frying pan, you think of the Longview video. 

• Haha 2

When you learn that part of Mount Kilimanjaro is known as 'Gilman's Point' and it instantly makes you think of GD.

• Like 2

When you insist that your pet bunny is Billie's doppelganger simply because he has long black fur that vaguely resembles Billie's stylishly messy hair.

• Haha 2

When you overhear someone say "Ford Econoline" and your mind goes straight to GD.

• Like 1