You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

When I needed a sign that a medical  test would go well and I turned on the car and 21 Guns came screaming out of the radio.

When I was waiting for said test and hubby starts singing GD songs to calm me down!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

When the fall weather gives you an exciting feeling down inside your guts, because you know that it's around this time of year that new Green Day releases albums!!!!!!!  I don't believe we'll be getting one this fall, but they've done enough releases for me to associate October with Green Day.  

I'm getting desperate for new Green Day music.  I'm listening to every studio album by my favorite 230 musicians and honestly, now that I'm in the second half of my list, It's getting harder to enjoy.   

Green Day will ALWAYS been on top.  

• Like 1

When somebody mentions "Ordinary World" and your ears perk up, but they're talking about the Duran Duran song.:(

• Like 1

Got really excited sitting at traffic lights when I saw a carry out place being done up (I hope) and the sign said Welcome to Paradise!

• Like 1

When you're playing Alien: Isolation with your friends and get killed by the xenomorph and it reminds you of Billie Joe because his Letterbomb scream sounds a lot like its screech.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you're reading a random local blog and they quote their IG with the title "Time of Your Life (yes that's a GD reference)" and you laugh out loud.

When I noticed that the lift in my Spanish hotel was an Otis lift

When I started cackling during an evening meal in a restaurant on the promenade because I could hear Blitzkrig Bop booming from a nearby beach bar (my family had no clue what I was laughing at :lol:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When you start to write a new song and the guitar riff you're playing turns out to be Westbound Sign XD (true story happened to me the other day) haha

• Haha 1

You watch The Star is Born

Spoiler

& the Grammy meltdown reminds you of Iheart radio festival.

& then when I got in the car to drive home Good Riddance was on the radio.

34 minutes ago, The Insider said:

You watch The Star is Born

Hide contents

& the Grammy meltdown reminds you of Iheart radio festival.

& then when I got in the car to drive home Good Riddance was on the radio.

I almost went to see that movie over the weekend, but other plans got in the way. Is it worth it to pay full admission? 

41 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I almost went to see that movie over the weekend, but other plans got in the way. Is it worth it to pay full admission? 

Yeah it was a good movie - the cast were all excellent - take some tissues - the two ladies I went with were howling by the end.

• Thanks 1

When bustracker says the bus is coming in 3 minutes but then you listen to JOS in its entirety before the bus shows up, making you think about how you've been lied to.

• Like 3

When you hate them so much that you have to frequently listen to their songs just to remind yourself of how much they suck.

1 hour ago, Monoqlo Panda said:

When you hate them so much that you have to frequently listen to their songs just to remind yourself of how much they suck.

A perfect reason for listening to Nightlife :wub:

When a store doesn't know how to place their boas and the only way to get what you need is to litterally walk through the boas hanging from the ceilling to the ground. I was thinking «Which color would fit with Billie Joe? And is Billie on the other of this wall of hanging boas?»

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When you realize that the only actual reason you visit that only existing record store in town (which is 45 min away) is to make sure they still have Green Day on good display. 

I checked today, the revrad special vinyl is still on the good wall. Dookie was a part of the sale and very visable and in the non-sale section they had almost every album. They aslo had one t-shirt and two kinds of mugs for sale.

I don't know why, but it makes me feel good.  

• Like 2

When you start to play your original songs for the person you're jamming with and they go "Do you listen to alot of Green Day?" And you say "Yeah." Then they go "Ah because most of your stuff sounds very similiar to them."

When you're listening to a D&D podcast and the GM randomly throws in an NPC named Billie Joe and you get really excited. I feel like I should mention that this character had a huge stash of acorns hidden in a toilet and got mad if anyone touched them.

• Haha 1

When you open the fridge and see some beef stew, but you accidentally read the label as "Brain Stew." :lol:

• Haha 1

When someone says that having a conversation with you is 'like pulling teeth' but you can't even be offended by it 'cause it makes you think of GD.:D

• Haha 1