You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

You have a special fondness for 7 elevens, and you don't associate Jesus with religion before you do with Green Day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whenever you see someone cross themselves you think of "Holiday" and you do it yourself whenever you hear the song. 

• Like 4

When somebody mentions Milton Keynes on TV, and you have to go watch BIAB clips immediately.

When you still have last year's unofficial Green Day calendar, even though you have no room to keep it, but you just can't bear to throw it away.:cry:

When your grandmother calls your cousin a "tramp" because he's wearing odd socks, and you get offended because you remember Billie Joe's sock habits.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When your grandmother calls your cousin a "tramp" because he's wearing odd socks, and you get offended because you remember Billie Joe's sock habits.

Wait Billie has odd sock habits? ?? I knew he was my hero for a reason :wub:

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Gloria Killjoy said:

Wait Billie has odd sock habits? ?? I knew he was my hero for a reason :wub:

Yep, Billie wears odd socks.:wub:

Any excuse to post this video again, I love it so much.:wub:

• Like 2

Once went on a schooltrip with a lot of driving around in a coach (i.e. prime ipod/headphones time)

Admitted to someone I'd only listened to green day the whole time we were there (just shy of a week)

Had the whole group look at me like I was a bit special

Did not care ;P 

Also was once in a semi-long distance relationship and she said that 'I will wait' (-for you?? idk) by mumford and sons should be our song our song...

NAAHHHHH 2000 LIGHTYEARS AWAYYYYYYYY

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When live freaky! Die freaky! Is your idea of a great movie to watch with friends, and then they all look at you like 'wtf, that was so dark' and you’re just like 'yeah, but it was funny! And: Billie Joe Armstrong!' And then you have 3 people staring at you.

Does anyone else love this movie? When I was 11, I was totally fascinated by Manson (I was also totally fascinated by Eurus Holmes in the latest season of Sherlock, for the same reason). Plus, GD has been my favorite band since age 6, when I discovered Extraordinary Girl. Also, my cousin did some stop motion projects and my family has a very black sense of humor. It encompasses everything I love! This movie basically is my 3rd favorite thing after Green Day and my dog. 

DID NOT WRITE THIS SEE EDIT!!!! goddammit, sisters are a pain in the ass. PASSWORD PROTECT YOUR PHONES, PEOPLE!

Edited by Gloria Killjoy
MY FUCKING SISTER STOLE MY PHONE!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK, S???? I WAS S TRAUMATIZED BY THIS MOVIE, AND BY CHARLES MANSON!!!! AND EURUS!!!! God dammit, I don't even like Extraordinary Girl that much, either. Bitch thought this would be funny ...
  • Haha 2

I am so, so, sorry. My sis, S, and I don't get along, really. She's 12, and a total bitch. Sorry for the shitstorm of a message above, I could've easily deleted the whole thing and stuck in a filler paragraph, but honestly it makes me laugh that she tried to replicate my writing style. She doesn't even like Green Day, though! And apparently she forgot that although I've listened to GD forever, pretty much, I never really called them my favorite band until like 2 or 3 years ago. And Extraordinary Girl is a mediocre song in my eyes, too. I actually did watch Live Freaky! Die Freaky! With my friends, and S, for the first time. We were all traumatized, and our older sister made fun of us both for a long time, because of how freaked out we were. Our family does have a black humor, though. That much is true. So, sorry! Hope you find this whole ordeal funny, I have now put a pass code on my phone, so it shouldn't ever happen again. (Also: now S is mad at me because I yelled at her... what does she expect???:mad:)

• Haha 1

I went to the zoo the other day and guess who I saw-a chimp called Billy Joe!! It was so funny because everyone who I went, turned and looked at me and asked if I'd seen the sign about Billy Joe. I said of course, and naturally had to take some photos of the sign. lol! Billy was a female chimp, but we ignored that small matter!! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When you still have last year's unofficial Green Day calendar, even though you have no room to keep it, but you just can't bear to throw it away.:cry:

Ah, I have got years of them stashed in the bottom of a wardrobe!  And that includes the last couple which weren't great..... will never be able to part with 2018's which is lovely! 

• Like 1

I was driving behind a BMW just today with a license plate that said simply GD.  You know you’re a Green Day fan when you instantly assume...

• Like 4

When you instantly freak out when you see a picture of Billie and Tre that looks like it was taken in Otis :o

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was driving behind a BMW just today with a license plate that said simply GD.  You know you’re a Green Day fan when you instantly assume...

I live round a city in Germany that has GD as a sign on the license plate so it happens to me almost every day but I just can't stop thinking of Green Day each time :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When you hear someone use the number 2000 and immediately think, 2000 Light Years Away?  Is tragedy 2000 miles away?  Let's nuke the bridge we torched 2000 times before?  Which 2000 are we talking about?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There is a company near me called Green Ray, they are something to do with renewal energy, and every time I drive past I read Green Day and get excited.  This is especially pathetic as I drive past going into town, to the supermarket, dentist, doctor and petrol station so it's at least once a week and they have now been there for a couple of years if not longer! 

• Haha 2

On 1. 2. 2018 at 12:50 PM, jengd said:

There is a company near me called Green Ray, they are something to do with renewal energy, and every time I drive past I read Green Day and get excited.  This is especially pathetic as I drive past going into town, to the supermarket, dentist, doctor and petrol station so it's at least once a week and they have now been there for a couple of years if not longer! 

There's a restaurant called Green Day in my city. I can't describe the geeky feeling when I recently walked past wearing a gd shirt. Sad! 

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When somebody asks you who Juliette Binoche is, and you say "she's that actress whose balcony Mike Dirnt shit on.":lol:

This might be the only piece of information about Juliette Binoche that I have 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

This might be the only piece of information about Juliette Binoche that I have 

So glad it’s not just me, this is the only thing I know about her too.  Just imagine your claim to fame being Mike Dirnt shitting on to your balcony :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jengd said:

So glad it’s not just me, this is the only thing I know about her too.  Just imagine your claim to fame being Mike Dirnt shitting on to your balcony :D

Still more of a claim for fame than most people have :lol:...not that I want Mike to shit on my balcony though 

• Like 1