You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

When anybody mentions nightlife as a concept, you're (grudgingly) thinking of Nightlife the song

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

When anybody mentions nightlife as a concept, you're (joyfully) thinking of Nightlife the song

FTFY 

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When you sing any song and your voice just comes out as Billie's accent.:lol:

Literally fucking me :lol:

Spent long enough trying to figure out how to sing like him, ('specially early him), now pretty much anytime I sing anything it all comes out like that. I wonder if that's why I never got a part in any of the school musicals? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When you get asked what country you're from and you barely can resist the urge to start singing either (I've barely resisted the urge to sing both!) "So when the smoke clears here I am... Your Reject; All - American..." or "Don't want to be an American Idiot/Don't want a nation under the new media"

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

When you're hanging out with friends and suggest playing Green Day Rockband even though none of them like Rockband.

When you keep a case for a phone you haven't had in 5 years just because it's a Green Day case. 

No joke, I kept mine even though I sold my Droid Rzr years ago :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

When you introduce a stranger on the Internet to another semi-stranger so they can go to a Green Day show together in my hometown.  @kaylubd and @Whatsinaname and it works out and that makes me happy.

Gotta say, highlight of 2016. Still can't believe that actually happened! :dance: 

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2018 at 1:05 PM, jengd said:

When, on the fangirl thread, you all start talking about Billie's bellie because your spellchecker is so used to Billie that "y"as become redundant!

When you read the last word of this post^^ and you immediately start singing.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When you know the history of Green Day by heart

For my IB Oral Exam in high school I pushed it to the last minute so my teacher said just talk about anything. I picked the history of Green Day and got an A :dance:

9 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

When you think of years in terms of GD albums/projects. :ninja: 

8 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When somebody mentions California, and your mind instantly goes to GD.

these two posts are LITERALLY FUCKING ME. :runaround:

Not sure if that's a good thing though :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, miss youngblood said:

When you know the history of Green Day by heart

For my IB Oral Exam in high school I pushed it to the last minute so my teacher said just talk about anything. I picked the history of Green Day and got an A :dance:

Lol I did almost the same things on my 7th grade standardized tests last year! For the essay assignment, we had to read a passage on public art and reflect on what we thought it meant. I kept slipping GD references throughout the peice because I knew I'd be leaving the country, and (unfortunately, I want to know what my score was!) would likely never see the results. None of this is verbatim, but this is basically what I did:

"In the piece 'Blood of my Efforts', I believe that the artist was trying to represent the loss you feel when a work of great effort causes only pain to yourself and those around you, through your own mistakes. This is much like the meaning behind the song '21 Guns', wriwritten by Billie Joe Armstrong. "

I did this like once every two lines! :lol:

Edited by Gloria Killjoy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Gloria Killjoy said:

When you know which of the guys your personality is closest to and who's humor is most similar to yours :lol:

I'm a lot like Tre. Super funny and I'm always smiling :D

When you find yourself paying attention to the Raiders’ game results and you don’t even like football. But a win for the Raiders is a win for Oakland (and it makes Green Day happy so that’s enough).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

When somebody mentions California, and your mind instantly goes to GD.

Anyone: "Bay Area"

Me: HELLO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT GREEN DAY BY ANY CHANCE? THEY'RE FROM THERE. OH, YOU'RE NOT? WELL YOU ARE NOW.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2