DeJennsitized

UK American Idiot Tour in 2019

Rumpelstiltskin2000

Goofygoldfish
On 1/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I still haven't really decided yet but am thinking I'll probably try to do Sheffield on 28 March (my birthday!).

I'm going 26th and 30th in Sheffield. Still debating other venues, but now want to save up for a real Green Day tour 😊😊😊

On 1/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, jengd said:

I wonder why there is an interval in the UK?  There was last time, I know it’s normal, but it really broke the tension, Id rather they did without like the original production and was hoping they would this time around. 😩

When I saw the Broadway cast in Manchester, there was an interval. 

When I saw the UK cast in London, no interval. 

When I saw the UK cast touring, there were intervals. 

I agree, I think its all about money from drinks etc. The arts theatre in the west end just let you take a million glasses of wine in with you *cough* according to a friend 😜😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

jengd

Just back from seeing American Idiot in Edinburgh and woah, what a show.  It’s quite a different production from last time around.  I am not going to give anything away but we thought there were some brilliant changes in this production, one bit perhaps missed the mark a little and the cast were very good, especially the girls.  St Jimmy was really great, wanted more of him!  Very enjoyable and really rocked, keep you eye on the bassist, the band were fantastic.  Enjoy if you are going. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Goofygoldfish

Eeeeeeeeek I can't wait! 

@jengd When did you last see it? On tour or  in the west end? 

jengd

I saw the original UK tour and then an amateur production about three years ago.  The amateur production was really very well done but very similar to the original, this one is still very much he same but they have a few things differently, it was great.  Standing ovation!  

• Like 2

Rumpelstiltskin2000

I don't know if anyone is interested in this but Newton Faulkner who played Johnny last time around gave it a mention in this interview with The List:

https://www.list.co.uk/article/107086-newton-faulkner-impressed-by-hard-drinking-opera-stars/

Away from his own concerts, 'Dream Catch Me' hitmaker Newton was cast back in 2016 as Johnny in the stage musical 'American Idiot' – which is based on the album of the same name by Green Day – and he looks back on the part with great affection because it was "really fun" to play a "heroin addict who was kind of suicidal and a bit schizophrenic".

He said: "It was just really fun it was a crazy thing. Loads of things that I never expected to be doing. Like I was in my pants everyday in front of lots of people and I was playing an American heroin addict who was kind of suicidal, a bit schizophrenic, a lot going on. He was a bust guy."

DeJennsitized
On 2/9/2019 at 9:51 PM, jengd said:

Just back from seeing American Idiot in Edinburgh and woah, what a show.  It’s quite a different production from last time around.  I am not going to give anything away but we thought there were some brilliant changes in this production, one bit perhaps missed the mark a little and the cast were very good, especially the girls.  St Jimmy was really great, wanted more of him!  Very enjoyable and really rocked, keep you eye on the bassist, the band were fantastic.  Enjoy if you are going. 

Only just seen your comment! I'm gonna be seeing it on the 20th. I'm glad to hear it's a good show, I really liked the London/tour production but couldn't imagine it with the new cast. So intrigued to see the changes!

• Like 1

desertrose