UK American Idiot Tour in 2019

DeJennsitized

I'm so glad it's coming back though. 

Currently got tickets for Sheffield, two performances. 

Would like to see more, not sure when and where. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only show I've booked is Dublin, but I might book another show for that week and make the drive down after work, lol!

And haven't booked for Birmingham but I hope to go there too. And I'm hoping a Belfast date will be added!

On 1/12/2018 at 5:19 PM, DeJennsitized said:

(Sorry if this shouldn't be a new topic!)

So on twitter the UK American Idiot account (the one for the West End and UK tour of 2015/16) has been teasing another UK tour. A page for Southampton (Jan 2019) is already up on the theatre's website, due to go onsale on the 18th Jan, so I'm assuming there'll be an announcement before then! 

https://www.mayflower.org.uk/whats-on/american-idiot-2019/#book-tickets

I'm looking forward to seeing the cast list. I would LOVE Aaron Sidwell and Lucas Rush back but I'm not sure how likely that is. 

EDIT: Here are the dates! https://www.americanidiotthemusical.co.uk/

DUNSTABLE GROVE THEATRE 17-19 January 2019
SOUTHAMPTON MAYFLOWER 22-26 January 2019
CARDIFF NEW THEATRE 29 January - 2 February 2019
EDINBURGH PLAYHOUSE 5-9 February 2019
BLACKPOOL WINTER GARDENS 5-9 March 2019
SHEFFIELD LYCEUM 26-30 March 2019
MANCHESTER PALACE 2-6 April 2019
BIRMINGHAM ALEXANDRA THEATRE 9-13 April 2019
BRIGHTON THEATRE ROYAL 16-20 April 2019
BRIDLINGTON SPA 7-11 May 2019
NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE 14-18 May 2019
GLASGOW KINGS THEATRE 28 May - 1 June 2019

Oh my god. Coming to the UK to see this shit would be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dearly Beloved...

Back for it's 10th Anniversary,
American Idiot the Musical is touring the UK!

With the new tour brings additions to the merchandise range, with new t-shirts, badge sets, mugs and more!

You'll find all of the merchandise that you'll see on tour here, so if you missed your chance to get your souvenir of this anniversary tour or want to get a souvenir before seeing the show... This is the place to be!

https://www.theatre-shop.com/americanidiot/?fbclid=IwAR0AKJtirQ8NRxb6yBX76Iv-2ZoZa99ofDjk-EAhNlxdIzl_9kGeYivTaRs

PRODUCT-EXAMPLES.png

9 hours ago, desertrose said:

Dearly Beloved...

Back for it's 10th Anniversary,
American Idiot the Musical is touring the UK!

With the new tour brings additions to the merchandise range, with new t-shirts, badge sets, mugs and more!

You'll find all of the merchandise that you'll see on tour here, so if you missed your chance to get your souvenir of this anniversary tour or want to get a souvenir before seeing the show... This is the place to be!

https://www.theatre-shop.com/americanidiot/?fbclid=IwAR0AKJtirQ8NRxb6yBX76Iv-2ZoZa99ofDjk-EAhNlxdIzl_9kGeYivTaRs

Omg I have got to have that t-shirt! 

Some tweets from the musical:

And from the previous St Jimmy:

Who is the first one of us to be going to see it? I'm not until March 😭 unless I buy more tickets 🤔😂

1 hour ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Who is the first one of us to be going to see it? I'm not until March 😭 unless I buy more tickets 🤔😂

I still haven't really decided yet but am thinking I'll probably try to do Sheffield on 28 March (my birthday!).

Tweet from Racky Plews, the Director:

I’m going 9th February in Edinburgh.  Very excited, this will be third time to see and it’s great.  The last time I saw it, it was an amateur production but it was really good, though I think the cast almost killed themselves 😂

I wonder why there is an interval in the UK?  There was last time, I know it’s normal, but it really broke the tension, Id rather they did without like the original production and was hoping they would this time around. 😩

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I wonder why there is an interval in the UK?  There was last time, I know it’s normal, but it really broke the tension, Id rather they did without like the original production and was hoping they would this time around. 😩

I didn't realise the original didn't have an interval! I've only ever seen one show that didn't have an interval and that was A Chorus Line, which is set like a real-time audition, so I understood that. I'd need an interval or else my butt would go numb :lol:  

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Me too. I think it's the theatres over here in the UK. They want the revenue/sales from drinks, etc during the interval

I've seen AI several times and there has never been an intermission. I didn't know they built one in for certain shows.

36 minutes ago, jengd said:

@Rumpelstiltskin2000 I'm sure you are right, it's not a long show, no need for a break.

There really isn't is there? 

21 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

I've seen AI several times and there has never been an intermission. I didn't know they built one in for certain shows.

Yeah in the US when I saw it there was never an intermission but another weird thing they do over in the UK! Put a break in it!

I think intervals can be good for those with short attention spans or any sort of problem that requires them to get up and stretch their legs, but it can take you out of it sometimes. I think it might also be done to minimise people getting up to go the loo during the show (not that I think you should be doing that, but if people who do that knew an interval was coming then they might hold off!) 

Archived