UK American Idiot Tour in 2019

DeJennsitized

(Sorry if this shouldn't be a new topic!)

So on twitter the UK American Idiot account (the one for the West End and UK tour of 2015/16) has been teasing another UK tour. A page for Southampton (Jan 2019) is already up on the theatre's website, due to go onsale on the 18th Jan, so I'm assuming there'll be an announcement before then! 

https://www.mayflower.org.uk/whats-on/american-idiot-2019/#book-tickets

I'm looking forward to seeing the cast list. I would LOVE Aaron Sidwell and Lucas Rush back but I'm not sure how likely that is. 

EDIT: Here are the dates! https://www.americanidiotthemusical.co.uk/

DUNSTABLE GROVE THEATRE 17-19 January 2019
SOUTHAMPTON MAYFLOWER 22-26 January 2019
CARDIFF NEW THEATRE 29 January - 2 February 2019
EDINBURGH PLAYHOUSE 5-9 February 2019
BLACKPOOL WINTER GARDENS 5-9 March 2019
SHEFFIELD LYCEUM 26-30 March 2019
MANCHESTER PALACE 2-6 April 2019
BIRMINGHAM ALEXANDRA THEATRE 9-13 April 2019
BRIGHTON THEATRE ROYAL 16-20 April 2019
BRIDLINGTON SPA 7-11 May 2019
NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE 14-18 May 2019
GLASGOW KINGS THEATRE 28 May - 1 June 2019

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it would do another American run. I requested my local rep theatre to do it, I’d love to see a production of it anywhere near me.

This would be so awesome, I’d love for my whole family to be able to see it since only two of us made it last time.  (And totally worthy of a thread!)

This would be great. I never miss an opportunity to go the UK. I haven't seen the musical before, so it's about time. :happy:

• 4 months later...

https://www.selladoor.com/shows/whats-on/american-idiot-2019/tour-dates

Dunstable Grove Theatre

Thursday 17th Jan, 2019 - Saturday 19th Jan, 2019

Southampton Mayflower

Tuesday 22nd Jan, 2019 - Saturday 26th Jan, 2019

Cardiff Cardiff New Theatre

Tuesday 29th Jan, 2019 - Saturday 2nd Feb, 2019

On Sale Soon

Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

Tuesday 5th Feb, 2019 - Saturday 9th Feb, 2019

Sheffield Lyceum Theatre

Tuesday 26th Mar, 2019 - Saturday 30th Mar, 2019

On Sale Soon

Manchester Palace Theatre

Tuesday 2nd Apr, 2019 - Saturday 6th Apr, 2019

Birmingham New Alexandra Theatre

Tuesday 9th Apr, 2019 - Saturday 13th Apr, 2019

Brighton Brighton Theatre Royal

Tuesday 16th Apr, 2019 - Saturday 20th Apr, 2019

Bridlington Spa

Tuesday 7th May, 2019 - Saturday 11th May, 2019

On Sale Soon

London New Wimbledon Theatre

Tuesday 14th May, 2019 - Saturday 18th May, 2019

Glasgow Glasgow King's Theatre

Tuesday 28th May, 2019 - Saturday 1st Jun, 2019

I kinda want to go but if it's a bad production then it'll ruin some of those songs for me :ermm:

3 minutes ago, Beathe. said:

Got tickets. :happy:

Ay, what show(s)?

If there isn't any GD related activity announced beforehand, this is something to look forward to for next year. Will be doing Birmingham as it's the hometown (ish) show and possibly either London or Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, Smoldering Panda said:

Ay, what show(s)?

If there isn't any GD related activity announced beforehand, this is something to look forward to for next year. Will be doing Birmingham as it's the hometown (ish) show and possibly either London or Glasgow. 

London. I have never been to a musical before so I don't really know what to expect. Regardless, I feel like one is enough. I would rather save up for actual concerts. ;)

On 21/05/2018 at 2:51 PM, Beathe. said:

London. I have never been to a musical before so I don't really know what to expect. Regardless, I feel like one is enough. I would rather save up for actual concerts. ;)

Yeah one is definitely enough - there's not going to be variation in the setlist ;) 

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2018 at 4:19 PM, ¡Jenn! said:

(Sorry if this shouldn't be a new topic!)

So on twitter the UK American Idiot account (the one for the West End and UK tour of 2015/16) has been teasing another UK tour. A page for Southampton (Jan 2019) is already up on the theatre's website, due to go onsale on the 18th Jan, so I'm assuming there'll be an announcement before then! 

https://www.mayflower.org.uk/whats-on/american-idiot-2019/#book-tickets

I'm looking forward to seeing the cast list. I would LOVE Aaron Sidwell and Lucas Rush back but I'm not sure how likely that is. 

Yeah guys, it's gonna tour and re-tour until people stop going to it.  I think it has come through LA at least 4 or 5x by now, literally.  It's definitely a good time to have a mantra where being an American Idiot is a central theme. I don't expect the American Idiot mantra to disappear for decades now.   I expect the movie to be much more a thing now then it would have been a few years ago.

5 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Yeah guys, it's gonna tour and re-tour until people stop going to it.  I think it has come through LA at least 4 or 5x by now, literally.  It's definitely a good time to have a mantra where being an American Idiot is a central theme. I don't expect the American Idiot mantra to disappear for decades now.   I expect the movie to be much more a thing now then it would have been a few years ago.

It’s not (for obvious reasons) toured the UK as much as the US, nor is it as much of a guarantee that it will return.  We’ve only had one touring run, I think, and then one West End run too (or maybe a little more?), so it’s still a pretty big thing.  I’m hoping for at least a run or two more, so that I can go again with family and friends that haven’t seen it yet - I loved the first time, and wouldn’t mind the excuse to see it a couple more anyway!

On 5/21/2018 at 2:51 PM, Beathe. said:

Might see you there then. :D

Be nice to meet fellow GDCers there. 

On 7/15/2018 at 4:03 AM, Second favourite son said:

It’s not (for obvious reasons) toured the UK as much as the US, nor is it as much of a guarantee that it will return.  We’ve only had one touring run, I think, and then one West End run too (or maybe a little more?), so it’s still a pretty big thing.  I’m hoping for at least a run or two more, so that I can go again with family and friends that haven’t seen it yet - I loved the first time, and wouldn’t mind the excuse to see it a couple more anyway!

I GUARANTEE it will run again in Britain, in a couple locations.

2 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

I GUARANTEE it will run again in Britain, in a couple locations.

It’s running again next year in 11 locations (ie this thread), it’s a bit early to call whether it will run again after that without seeing any sales data etc. 

On 7/16/2018 at 4:31 PM, Second favourite son said:

It’s running again next year in 11 locations (ie this thread), it’s a bit early to call whether it will run again after that without seeing any sales data etc. 

I don't read the threads but I was right then, lol.  Either way, AI is, for whatever reason, is a HIGHLY successful touring show.  It's making a ton off the tour, way more compared to its minimal time on Broadway (which is somewhat rare).  I have seen the sales data and it's good which is why they keep running it.  When it can't fill a venue for at least one week is when a touring show starts to wain.  Not there yet.  It also doesn't hurt that the productions costs of AI are very low compared to most shows so it can have a longer life.

• 5 months later...

Much younger-looking cast than the last time they were in the UK. Wonder what else they've changed, if anything!

2 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I loved the last St Jimmy, I really hope this one lives up to him! 

Lucas Rush will always be my fave St. Jimmy :wub:

Just now, Daddy. said:

Tickets booked for Birmingham! :) 

LIAM. WHEN? I'm seeing it there too!

Archived