The Coverups - Ivy Room January 15

pacejunkie punk

Is this really happening again? It's none of our fucking business what he drinks or doesn't drink.

Thanks for the videos, can't wait to watch them!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether it was alcoholic or not shouldn't really be any concern to us. Billie was in a band with some of his closest friends for this and I'm sure his wife was there somewhere, and if him drinking was an issue then he probably would have caught shit from them for it. I used to have a drinking problem, I drank every night for 5 years straight. it caught up to me and I stopped for a while. in the last year I drank under 10 times and a lot of those times I only had 2 or 3 drinks, how many did billie have last night? to be honest, those few nights I drank didn't make me happy, I actually have no real stomach for alcohol anymore. It's totally possible for a recovering alcoholic to have a few drinks and be fine

8 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

:lol: That picture was not taken at the gig so it's worthless. I'm not arguing this. I saw what I saw. I'm sure someone will post better photos than I have of the stage which will show the bottles or the giant Corona bucket holding the beers in front o the drums!

The pic on the left is the bucket of beers on the stage so you’re wrong.

Hi i'm new here, but was at the show. I can confirm he ordered a bunch of non-alcoholic beers right before the show started. It might have been a corona bucket.

1 minute ago, Basis4day said:

Hi i'm new here, but was at the show. I can confirm he ordered a bunch of non-alcoholic beers right before the show started. It might have been a corona bucket.

Voice of reason. Thank you. 

I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while, but I just wanted to point out that Corona does not come in green bottles, @Hero_Of_The_Hour. It's comes in clear bottles and the logo is completely different than Corona's. Those are clearly green bottles.

2 minutes ago, Basis4day said:

Thanks! You were obviously closer than I was. Where we were we could see the bucket with Corona on it and what looked like beers and obviously him drinking what appeared to be beers onstage and a few of us were like oh dear. Good to know it's all good for his sake. :D

2 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while, but I just wanted to point out that Corona does not come in green bottles, @Hero_Of_The_Hour. It's comes in clear bottles and the logo is completely different than Corona's. Those are clearly green bottles.

I'm not from the US and from where I was could barely see the bottle colour anyway. I saw the bucket with Corona on it as I just posted.

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Ugh. It was non-alcoholic beer so everyone just relax

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dqbmx&s=9#.Wl5e9WJOmEc

I believe you’re correct based on the videos. Thank you for finding this.

I agree that this topic shouldn’t be brought up every time the man has squinty eyes or disheveled hair lol, but I also think there are instances when we should be able to have a mature conversation about the matter without people on either side getting defensive or angry. When a celebrity with a known drinking problem is seen drinking, it’s a topic of conversation among fans and I think that’s fair when they’ve chosen to tell the public about their otherwise personal problem. That’s a moot point now, but just my two cents. I’m very happy to have been proven wrong. :)

I’m glad those who made it had a great time! I’m hoping this is more than a one-off performance.

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Thanks! You were obviously closer than I was. Where we were we could see the bucket with Corona on it and what looked like beers and obviously him drinking what appeared to be beers onstage and a few of us were like oh dear. Good to know it's all good for his sake. :D

I was right behind him when he ordered them (didn't notice it was him) ears perked up when someone ordered so many non-alcoholic beers. Then he turns around and i have an "aha" moment. Then i got starstruck. The Ivy Room only holds 196 people.

2 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I'm not from the US and from where I was could barely see the bottle colour anyway. I saw the bucket with Corona on it as I just posted.

I've never seen that brand before (the non-alcoholic one), but my family drinks Corona. The bar probably just grab a bucket without really thinking about fans taking photos to keep the drinks cold on stage.

12 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Ummm there are green Corona bottles... well green wrapper that covers the whole bottle 

edit: not that that means that’s what Billie was drinking don’t know don’t care not our business 

3 minutes ago, Basis4day said:

I was right behind him when he ordered them (didn't notice it was him) ears perked up when someone ordered so many non-alcoholic beers. Then he turns around and i have an "aha" moment. Then i got starstruck. The Ivy Room only holds 196 people.

Whoa, what a cool moment! How special to be at such an intimate venue. Welcome to the board! :)

5 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

The bar probably just grab a bucket without really thinking about fans taking photos to keep the drinks cold on stage.

Yes they were probably not counting on invasive fans discussing Billie's drinking habits on a forum. His beverages need better security than he does nowadays.

I saw Billie do a line of cocaine across a hookers butt cheek the other day... or maybe he was reading the paper. Whos to say

Can we stop talking about the drinking now please? I understand why people would be concerned (I was too, at first), but it's been proven to be non-alcoholic, so no reason to worry.:)

2 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

I saw Billie do a line of cocaine across a hookers butt cheek the other day... or maybe he was reading the paper. Whos to say

Wait he did a line of coke across his own butt cheek and you witnessed it?  :ga:

Oh right he was reading the paper. Fake news.

4 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Can we stop talking about the drinking now please? I understand why people would be concerned (I was too, at first), but it's been proven to be non-alcoholic, so no reason to worry.:)

It's worrying that people went out of their way to prove it was non alcoholic. It's literally non of our damn business. We're not his wife or his mother or his therapist or his parole officer. A little more trust would be appropriate.

5 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

You win the internet today

6 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Wait he did a line of coke across his own butt cheek and you witnessed it?  :ga:

What kinda crique du soleil shit is that... 

Just one point as this is a somewhat job-related topic for me, abstinence from use is not a pre-requisite for recovery anymore. I really don’t know if Billie was drinking alcohol but I don’t care if he was, because all signs are that his life is in control and he is happy (other than the fact that he is disturbed and worked up about Trump, which many of us are). It’s not our place to judge whether Billie is a moderate or severe alcoholic, as his alcoholism was complicated by addiction to other substances .The 12-step/abstinence model is not the only recognized effective one. I’m attaching an article about it if interested. I’m bringing this up because I have a nagging feeling it will come up again 🤔. Bottom line: seeing him drink a beer or two to loosen up during a performance does not mean he has relapsed. 

https://www.addiction.com/10687/a-new-definition-of-recovery-beyond-abstinence/

PS: I did see that it sounds like it was non-alcoholic. Not relevant, but I can’t relate to drinking beer for the taste 😫. But I know people do. 

15 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

It's worrying that people went out of their way to prove it was non alcoholic. it's literally non of our damn business. we're not his wife or his mother or his parole officer. a little more trust would be appropriate.

You've totally misunderstood my comment. I'm not saying it's our business, and I'm not saying I don't trust him. I'm saying we don't need to talk about it anymore.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Maybe they can fool us all again with another name change? 😂

I notice at one point Billie says, “we’re the coverups ... for now”.    That could be taken several ways but my mind immediately went there!    

Archived