pacejunkie punk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Do we know what they played? 

Here is my setlist, taken from memory:

1.        (The Replacements cover)

3.     I Wanna Be Sedated (Ramones cover)

4.     Paint It Black (The Rolling Stones cover)

5.     I Fought the Law (The Crickets cover)

6.     Bastards of Young (The Replacements cover)

7.     Neat Neat Neat (The Damned cover)

8.     Million Miles Away (Goo Goo Dolls cover)

9.     American Girl (Tom Petty cover) (with Jason Beebout)

10.   Pretty in Pink (The Psychedelic Furs cover)

11.   Teenage Kicks (The Undertones cover)

12.   Dancing With Myself (Generation X cover)

13.   I Wanna Be Sedated (Ramones cover)

14.   Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie cover)

15.   Happy (The Rolling Stones cover)

16.   Surrender (Cheap Trick cover)

17.   Whole Wide World (Wreckless Eric cover)

18.   (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding (Nick Lowe cover)

Hope this helps, :)

That's such a good setlist omfg asdfghjkl someone give me that stones and bowie stuff. Coincidentally I was thinking it would be so cool if they did a paint it black cover a while ago 

16 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

That's such a good setlist omfg asdfghjkl someone give me that stones and bowie stuff. 

Sure, no problem here you go! :toocool:

OMG. What a great selection of songs! :runaround: Can't wait for more details of people who went there. The place looks tiny and people got so close to the stage. Awesome. I really wonder if Billie got the idea on New years eve because he played some of the same songs there.

Edit: Oh wow thanks for the videos @Admiral_Needa, I love that Billie has to look up the lyrics to Paint it black:lol:

For the uninitiated, Generation X is Billy Idol:

Not sure how much difference there is with the solo and Gx version. Pretty close. Great song:

Great, but weird to see Billie playing lead like that, wearing the guitar so high.  Don't think I've ever seen him wear it like that before.  

Sorry, during Happy!

The one guy that kept yelling "Happy" was pretty annoying, but hearing Jason sing that song really made me miss hearing him sing in Pinhead Gunpowder. Every member of PHGP is in this band except for Aaron, I want new PHGP!

@Admiral_Needa wait, did they really cover the Goo Goo Dolls? Like no chance it was The Offspring song by the same name? If so, I’m shocked. Never would’ve guessed they’d be GGD fans.

3 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

@Admiral_Needa wait, did they really cover the Goo Goo Dolls? Like no chance it was The Offspring song by the same name? If so, I’m shocked. Never would’ve guessed they’d be GGD fans.

I think the Goo Goo Dolls just covered the song, it's by The Plimsouls.

2 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I think the Goo Goo Dolls just covered the song, it's by The Plimsouls.

That would make way more sense. I think I recall seeing a Plimsouls song on the set list for the New Years Show. Can’t remember the title but it’s probably the same one. Thanks!

These youtube videos are great.  Mike's voice is really suited to I Want to Be Sedated, as is Jason's for Pretty In Pink, but I wish Billie sang Peace, Love and Understanding.  Mike not playing bass is strange, or maybe it's that beret that's strange.  They obviously had fun, looks like a great night, but possibly the weirdest raffle I ever saw. :lol:

😁😁😁 I cant imagine what an experience this must have been for those of you who were there. And @pacejunkie punk you deserve a round of applause 👏 for finding this and keeping the faith despite attempts to throw us off. 

1 minute ago, jengd said:

These youtube videos are great.  Mike's voice is really suited to I Want to Be Sedated, as is Jason's for Pretty In Pink, but I wish Billie sang Peace, Love and Understanding.  Mike not playing bass is strange, or maybe it's that beret that's strange.  They obviously had fun, looks like a great night, but possibly the weirdest raffle I ever saw. :lol:

What’s strange is that it looks nothing like Mike!!!! I imagine people were asking “Is that Mike?” all night long. 

6 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Hey there, I input 'A Million Miles Away' into setlist.fm, it auto-filled the Goo Goo Dolls as the cover instead of The Plimsouls and I didn't catch it. The first song is also Color me Impressed (The Replacements cover), not just (The Replacements cover). Sorry about that... a lot of late night copy and pasting..

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Needa said:

Hey there, I input 'A Million Miles Away' into setlist.fm, it auto-filled the Goo Goo Dolls as the cover instead of The Plimsouls and I didn't catch it. The first song is also Color me Impressed (The Replacements cover), not just (The Replacements cover). Sorry about that... a lot of late night copy and pasting..

Is that the one Jason said was by the Replacements but the audience didn't know it?  That would surprise me but you never know, maybe most of the crowd only know the Replacements through GD.

Neat, neat, neat was amazing!

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Is that the one Jason said was by the Replacements but the audience didn't know it?  That would surprise me but you never know, maybe most of the crowd only know the Replacements through GD.

Jason actually made that comment after 'Bastards of Young', a pretty famous song due to the popularity of the music video on MTV (back when they actually played music videos), but yeah, it could go either way, as it's from 1985.. For me, I knew the song and the Replacements very well... I just don't sing along at shows, lol.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Needa said:

Jason actually made that comment after 'Bastards of Young', a pretty famous song due to the popularity of the music video on MTV (back when they actually played music videos), but yeah, it could go either way, as it's from 1985.. For me, I knew the song and the Replacements very well... I just don't sing along at shows, lol.

Thank you so much for all these, they are great, have been frantically watching and liking on YouTube.  Great quality.  You made my January.

Laughing hysterically at Jason playing the tambourine on Whole Wide World.  :lol:  Giving Stevie Nicks a run for her money.

Edit- Oh my god, even better on I Wanna Be Sedated!  Man, I'm going to have fun watching all of these!

Archived