The Coverups - Ivy Room January 15

pacejunkie punk

56 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

If you look on the Ivy Rooms website, this show is not listed. Nothing is listed on that day. So this is either a joke or a private event.

... or a pop-up show :D

This is so exciting, I hope someone from GDC can go there and give a detailed report.

10 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Are they just an unknown band that Billie is supporting?

Hah, thousands of excited GD fans expect Billie to come on stage and suddenly, there comes - eh, who is that? :mellow::lol:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Hah, thousands of excited GD fans expect Billie to come on stage and suddenly, there comes - eh, who is that? :mellow::lol:

I was thinking the same thing, that would suck so bad šŸ˜‚. I love a good mystery though. My gut level feeling is that itā€™s not a private show because why would he post it on an account that he knows hardcore GD fans are following. Also that itā€™s not a joke for the same reason. That would just be mean. And Billie is lots of things but heā€™s not mean.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up about this, but if this is really something to do with Green Day, IT'S THE FUCKING BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN MONTHS!:runaround::runaround::runaround::dance::dance::dance::D:ga:

Although knowing my luck, it'll probably be a stupid joke from Billie or something.:dry:Ā Evil little bastard.:fuckyou:

For sure the club, KNOWING that we know that in one way or another is involved Billie ,will not make it public. haha Green Day know how good we are at discovering things and 'unmasking them'. And they have a lot of fun in thisĀ too.. Besides, Bill Schneider A WEEK AGO said that he would perform at the Ivy with his new band 'The Dead Sounds' who 'surprise'Ā are just mentioned in the new The Coverups post. Finger crossed !!!!

If it was meant to be a private event they wouldn't have posted aboutĀ it on the public instagram account, especially since they know fans were discussing it just a few days ago.

Still hoping it's not a joke of some sort :lol:Ā Hopefully someone from GDC can go!Ā 

3 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

If you look on the Ivy Rooms website, this show is not listed. Nothing is listed on that day. So this is either a joke or a private event.

Itā€™s so last minute, plus they might not want to publicize it beyond the online GD fans. That will be enough to fill the room by itself. I agree a joke would be mean given it does seem to be an actual show. People are traveling for gods sake. Secret shows are nothing new for these guys. They wouldnā€™t draw people out this way and then piss them off by not showing up to a club thatā€™s in their backyard.Ā 

Using this account was a great way to get the word out to the smallest group of fans and avoid both trolls and major media attention. I love it.Ā 

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Itā€™s so last minute, plus they might not want to publicize it beyond the online GD fans. That will be enough to fill the room by itself. I agree a joke would be mean given it does seem to be an actual show. People are traveling for gods sake. Secret shows are nothing new for these guys. They wouldnā€™t draw people out this way and then piss them off by not showing up to a club thatā€™s in their backyard.Ā 

Using this account was a great way to get the word out to the smallest group of fans and avoid both trolls and major media attention. I love it.Ā 

That may be true, if it is real.Ā 

So after two pages of speculation, I sent an email to the venue. It is only 6 am there so I don't expect a quick response. If I don't get one by noon Eastern I will call them

This is like FBHT all over again :DĀ I think it'd be funny if it turns out there's no real connection - this thread would go into meltdown :lol:Ā imagine the memes

A covers band is a great side project while they work on new material for the next album. Ā Itā€™s an easy diversion.Ā Ā They donā€™t have to write anything and everyone loves their covers. They have enough covers to fill a long set and itā€™s just fun for them. Ā It keeps them connected to their core fans during an otherwise quiet time without adding any extra pressure.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

A covers band is a great side project while they work on new material for the next album. Ā Itā€™s an easy diversion.Ā Ā They donā€™t have to write anything and everyone loves their covers. They have enough covers to fill a long set and itā€™s just fun for them. Ā It keeps them connected to their core fans during an otherwise quiet time without adding any extra pressure.

A set of covers would actually be great! And Billie played that gig on new year's eve full of great covers, so he's had a lot of practice! Just imagine they'd play My Generation, Outsider, Bastards of Young, I Fought the Law and Working Class Hero:wub: Throw in some Rolling Stones, Beatles, Queen and Elvis and it'd be perfect!

I booked my flight last night lol. Thanks to CES, my options were limited, so I'm flying down the day before, and I booked a hotel down the street from the venue, so I can scope it out the day before lol

40 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

A set of covers would actually be great! And Billie played that gig on new year's eve full of great covers, so he's had a lot of practice! Just imagine they'd play My Generation, Outsider, Bastards of Young, I Fought the Law and Working Class Hero:wub: Throw in some Rolling Stones, Beatles, Queen and Elvis and it'd be perfect!

Oh my god, if they covered Working Class Hero again, I think I'd actually cry of happiness.:wub:Ā I'm not even a huge fan of the song, I just love the GD version so much.:lol::wub:

4 minutes ago, Fadedintwilight said:

I booked my flight last night lol. Thanks to CES, my options were limited, so I'm flying down the day before, and I booked a hotel down the street from the venue, so I can scope it out the day before lol

Livinā€™ on the edge, I like it.

How likely do you think it is that this is Green Day? I'm thinking BJ playing covers with some other people is more likely..... "A cover band that takes no requests". I'm also afraid about tickets. I'm seriously considering this =/Ā 

i would put my money on this being billie and his friends playing covers for fun. essentially the same thing that he did on new years in nyc. though this probably wont be the same line up as the nyc show, just billie recruiting friends to play ramones, plimsouls, tom petty,Ā replacements, cheap trick, etc. thats my best guess.

if they're reading this for some reason, come play down in LA or orange county sometime! id be stoked to see this...

19 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Oh my god, if they covered Working Class Hero again, I think I'd actually cry of happiness.:wub:Ā I'm not even a huge fan of the song, I just love the GD version so much.:lol::wub:

I love that song especially their version of it. If I saw that live, i'd dieĀ :lol:Ā Especially how they do the song, and then have John finish the last verse, it kills me. (in the best way possible) Now, if they managed to do THAT on stage, I'd be hella impressed.

47 minutes ago, straighttohell said:

i would put my money on this being billie and his friends playing covers for fun. essentially the same thing that he did on new years in nyc. though this probably wont be the same line up as the nyc show, just billie recruiting friends to play ramones, plimsouls, tom petty,Ā replacements, cheap trick, etc. thats my best guess.

if they're reading this for some reason, come play down in LA or orange county sometime! id be stoked to see this...

I think thereā€™s a good chance Joey and/or Jakob could be involved, but thatā€™s a total guess.Ā 

Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s at least an even chance that itā€™s Green Day. Holidays are over, they have to be back to having band practice by now at a minimum. It could be something they talked about doing and agreed it would be fun. Secret shows are a Green Day thing and they did do a covers set together at the Christmas party so New Years isnā€™t the only precedent for this.Ā 

25 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I think thereā€™s a good chance Joey and/or Jakob could be involved, but thatā€™s a total guess.Ā 

oh yeah totally, thats def a possibility...Ā 

Could be a similar thing to Foo Fighters' 'Chevy Metal' civet band they play in to keep themselves ticking over

47 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

40 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s at least an even chance that itā€™s Green Day. Holidays are over, they have to be back to having band practice by now at a minimum. It could be something they talked about doing and agreed it would be fun. Secret shows are a Green Day thing and they did do a covers set together at the Christmas party so New Years isnā€™t the only precedent for this.Ā 

This is NOT Green Day. And I'm pretty certain neither Joey nor Jakob are involved in this.

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Todd said:

This is NOT Green Day. And I'm pretty certain neither Joey nor Jakob are involved in this.

Ā 

So what are you saying? Do you know something?

56 minutes ago, Todd said:

Neither were the Network ;)Ā 

Just kidding, i'm sure you have some insider info or whatever but either way I'm looking forward to the unveiling of this mystery :cool:Ā 

Well Bill Schneider just posted there saying Ā ā€œI love you all as well but Iā€™m not sure what your expecting. This is my cover band? Please come and support local music.ā€

But his band is Dead Sound (itā€™s on his account) so unless they are both his bands and the account was Billā€™s to begin with...

Iā€™m confused.

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well Bill Schneider just posted there saying Ā ā€œI love you all as well but Iā€™m not sure what your expecting. This is my cover band? Please come and support local music.ā€

But his band is Dead Sound (itā€™s on his account) so unless they are both his bands and the account was Billā€™s to begin with...

Iā€™m confused.

Maybe Bill is in both Dead Sound and the Coverups. That's what I'm inclined to believe.

20 minutes ago, Ā”Jenn! said:

Neither were the Network ;)Ā 

Just kidding, i'm sure you have some insider info or whatever but either way I'm looking forward to the unveiling of this mystery :cool:Ā 

Not really insider information, I just have access to more puzzle pieces than the rest of youĀ :whistle I don't know anything for sure.

Archived