The Coverups - Ivy Room January 15

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think this was going to amount to anything, so a big standing O to those that kept the faith.

These were great and, yes I am aging myself but teenage me cried at them doing Pretty in Pink, because every 80's girl wanted to be Molly Ringwald.

The raffle guy was annoying.  

That instagram post saying"what do you think about Billie drinking beer?"

What do you think about me punching you in tha face! 

Anyways! Next time I'm going to fly out for whatever random hope of something happening like this again :mellow:

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

What the hell are those things?

Old radios. The kind you had in your living room in the 1930’s before TV.

I'm laughing at the burp Billie did about 20 seconds into the A Million Miles Away cover :lol:

2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

I wonder what the future holds for The Coverups...

Me too.    Watch Mike, Billie and Jason make reference to a second set with knowing smiles and tongue firmly in cheek.   Maybe they just want to keep us guessing and carry on the tease or it was always planned as a one-off show.    Now we’re all wise to it how would they manage secret shows in small venues?   I hope we will see them again but, if not, we know they’ll be back on a stage in some form, somewhere, at some point - they can’t leave us alone and it’s bloody wonderful.   They’re older, wiser, sober, full of gratitude and still in love with playing music together and maybe I’m old but I’m really liking the idea of straight up rocknroll covers like the other night.   No dirty pirate costumes or naked harlots thank you.   Although now I think about it ... 

Wish I’d checked Instagram before commenting above - the Coverups just posted so there is hope yet!   

Yeah I think it's just to have the option to play little covers shows if and when they want. It's a smart idea to do it without the chaos playing under the name Green Day brings.

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Old radios. The kind you had in your living room in the 1930’s before TV.

Trying to imagine how these will fit in on the Coverups stage...

13 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Trying to imagine how these will fit in on the Coverups stage...

In Tulsa, OK?

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

In Tulsa, OK?

Bill Schneider posted this same photo back in 2016, but cool if they are in Tulsa right now.

1 hour ago, squashie09 said:

Bill Schneider posted this same photo back in 2016, but cool if they are in Tulsa right now.

actually he posted it on March 6, 2017.  The location is the same for the same picture that was posted. I don’t think it means there in Oklahoma.  They just put the place where the original picture was taken.

37 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Yeah I recognized it as an old photo 👍 Not sure what the Tulsa reference means. I t would be quick for them to be traveling already but at some point I would love to see them do a tour of smaller cities (like mine!)

Mike with a beard, the highlight of night! 

So strange seeing Mike on guitar, but really cool actually.  

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah I recognized it as an old photo 👍 Not sure what the Tulsa reference means. I t would be quick for them to be traveling already but at some point I would love to see them do a tour of smaller cities (like mine!)

I’m guessing Billie’s visiting family and just included his location for whatever reason while posting. Intentionally or not intentionally, haha. That’s just a theory but can’t imagine why else any of them would suddenly be in Oaklahoma. Doesn’t seem like a hint at  the next show.

1 hour ago, squashie09 said:

Excuse me if this is an ignorant question, but does the location on the post indicate that the poster is actually in that location , or canit be changed to show where it was taken or something pertinent to the picture? For instance, the Coverups post announcing the show at the Ivy Room has the Ivy Room as the location, but does that mean the poster was actually there while posting it?

15 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Excuse me if this is an ignorant question, but does the location on the post indicate that the poster is actually in that location , or canit be changed to show where it was taken or something pertinent to the picture? For instance, the Coverups post announcing the show at the Ivy Room has the Ivy Room as the location, but does that mean the poster was actually there while posting it?

It gives you suggestions based on your location but you can change it to whatever you want. 

26 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

It gives you suggestions based on your location but you can change it to whatever you want. 

Doubtful it was posted from Tulsa then, probably just posting the location of the picture. Also I’m starting to doubt that Billie is posting on this account because he probably wouldn’t have thought to do that 😐

30 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Doubtful it was posted from Tulsa then, probably just posting the location of the picture. Also I’m starting to doubt that Billie is posting on this account because he probably wouldn’t have thought to do that 😐

Idk about that, but I feel like it is Billie leaving comments from the Broken Guitars page onto the coverups posts.

47 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

That post could have been Bill S’s because it was originally his photo so maybe he was identifying where it was taken.

Man, what a cool show. Would have loved to been there.

Great choice of songs to cover!

Archived