The Coverups - Ivy Room January 15

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only read this thread now, after having randomly found out on Tuesday (at work!) the videos @Admiral_Needa posted on Youtube: thanks a lot for these, they're awesome! :wub: Ziggy Stardust and Whole Wild World are my favorites. I've enjoyed Jason and even more Mike singing (everyone doing a different part than during GD gigs, funny, and amazing!) but man, Billie's voice :wub: and now I've just read these pages with the same excitement as if the whole thing was still about to come. Biggest excitement since the Global Citizen festival on last September, that I had been able to catch on Youtube live (without even knowing such a thing as Youtube live existed, which I had figured out 2 minutes previously to the beginning of it, thanks to you guys giving this info while posting at the speed of light in the thread that was created for it). Being on GDC and sharing this excitement for everything the boys are doing is so great.  

In a way I'm glad I didn't read this thread when it first popped out, cause between 11 and 15 January I wouldn't have been able to sleep much and I would probably have cried in awkward places such as the subway :P, since no way can I afford a trip to the US right now.

46 minutes ago, Linda1979 said:

Does anyone know the name of this song?. 

Neat Neat Neat from The Damned

I'm still not over some of these covers. Surrender, Paint It Black and Teenage Kicks are my faves.:wub:

It's so great! Usually just one cover would be a treat so it's amazing to see so many.

18 hours ago, Hermione said:

It's so great! Usually just one cover would be a treat so it's amazing to see so many.

Yeah, they’re the Cover-Ups. ;)

37 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Yeah, they’re the Cover-Ups. ;)

Good point :P 

On 1/19/2018 at 10:28 PM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Fire that Billie Joe guy, I want more Mike and Jason vocals!!!!

I definitely understand the fun of it and i love mike and jason but really? Im not really hearing what you guys are hearing...

1 minute ago, Schlappy said:

I definitely understand the fun of it and i love mike and jason but really? Im not really hearing what you guys are hearing...

I know. There’s a reason Billie’s the one that makes a living as a lead singer.  I watched the show with my hubby (okay I made him watch because I thought he’d like the covers) and by the end he said “That guy (Jason) is really not very good. Billie’s the best singer out of all of them”, which is not a revelation but you know, this is just a thing they do for fun anyway. When I told him I was excited they’re doing a second show he goes, “They’re really not that good.” 😂  How do I explain that this is just a laugh?

1 hour ago, Schlappy said:

I agree, just having a laugh when I say I agree with the "lets get rid of that Billie guy".  I think it's just fun to hear Mike and Jason sing, they are pretty good, and Dancing With Myself is really too low for Billie.   I assume you guys have seen there is to be another show on Monday?  I guess there's a new thread for that which I haven't got to yet.

2 hours ago, Linda1979 said:

Does anyone know the name of this song? 

Hey there, it's "I Can't Explain" by The Who :toocool:

On 1/17/2018 at 4:22 AM, jengd said:

@Admiral_Needa How were Dead Sound, did you manage to see them too?  Now that we've recovered slightly from the excitement, we can ask about them too lol!

Unfortunately, I was only able to hear Dead Sound through the door, but they sounded great too! I've been looking for videos of them, but haven't found them yet. I got their setlist, though, so at least I have some idea of the songs they played. :cool:

Wow, that didn’t show up on the setlist I didn’t know they did Can’t Explain. Would love to see full video of that, that’s awesome! Maybe at the next show @Admiral_Needa ? 😉😁

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived