The Coverups - Ivy Room January 15

pacejunkie punk

Dirty Pirate Hookers are now the Coverups and they’ve announced a show this Monday! Who can go and give a full report?

Guys, this could be a Green Day secret show. Isn’t anybody else freaking out about this?! :runaround:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day has always been a band with lots of influences and styles so it would be no surprise to me if they or just Billie Joe, are starting another side project. This has me really excited. Best case scenario it’s a new side project with new music, worst case scenario it’s a cover band. Still not bad though!

I'm not freaking out until I actually know more about what this is and what the Dirty Pirate Hookers / The Coverups are. Are they Green Day? Are they just Billie and other people we don't know? Are they actually related to GD or anybody in GD? Are they just an unknown band that Billie is supporting? I'm more confused than excited. But as soon as there's something to be excited about, yeah I'll freak out!

^^worst case scenario is that it doesn't have anything to do with GD members, which I presume is, unfortunately the case ;(

24 minutes ago, Mato said:

^^worst case scenario is that it doesn't have anything to do with GD members, which I presume is, unfortunately the case ;(

The reason I think he’s involved is because it started on his own joke account from November. Then we fans discovered it and put it out there about a week ago. After I posted about it, he changed the name to The Coverups that day. It seemed like a joke like he was covering up this little account, calling themselves “a cover band that takes no requests”. Curious that both Christmas and New Years Billie (both with and without the rest of Green Day) did shows that were all covers. Now another show is announced. He’s been having a great time doing covers so if he wanted to do it again this little account is a perfect one to use to leak it. The question is, will ot include Mike and Tre or other friends? But I have to imagine Billie is involved at the very least.

ETA: The club is right near Gilman Street. He’s absolutely a part of this.

Well this is certainly an interesting turn of events. That’s all I’m saying for now, but will be watching closely. I think it is time for a new side project.

Just now, Biddymc said:

Dead Sound is Dave Schneider's new band.

The plot thickens!  

Broken Guitars also liked the post and posted about it on Facebook.

This is exciting!

This is really exciting. I'm hoping they actually will be performing covers — I always think their covers are great and would love to hear them take on other songs.

I find it hilarious that fans were like "they're just messing around, it doesn't mean anything" about this instagram account and now Billie's like "surprise motherfuckers!" :lol: So it can be either a band playing covers or cover up for Green Day :ninja:

Spoiler

I still remember what @LaughingClock said about unexpected shows

*potential* NEW SIDE PROJECT!?!  HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about damn time :lol:

ShamefulWeightyCrustacean-size_restricte

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Are they just an unknown band that Billie is supporting? 

Really hoping it's anything but this lol

I demand more info!

50 minutes ago, Fadedintwilight said:

What would be an appropriate time to show up to a venue this small? 

Now?  Ok, maybe a little early, but how exciting is this.  We will be a sorry bunch on Tuesday if Billie is messing with us 😂 

Ooooh :runaround: I love that this has actually turned into something exciting, I can't wait for more info!

I hope the whole thing's not just a joke they're playing on us :lol: 

If you look on the Ivy Rooms website, this show is not listed. Nothing is listed on that day. So this is either a joke or a private event.

Archived