Orgins of Reject?

_Mace_

5703089624_80fd49aa2a_o.jpg

5703089806_e35d991d8d_o.jpg

Orgins of Reject, maybe? I love this, btw! You tell 'em, Billie!

Transcripts:

December 2, 1996
Green Day
P.O. Box 710
Berkeley, Ca 94701-0710

Re: Insomniac

To whom it may concern:

I am a parent, and I am very disturbed by the cassette tape my 8 year old son was listening to. His 60 year old grandmother bought it for him as a birthday present and was totally unaware of its explicit content. The store in which she bought it did not have any ticket or color on it to warn parents of the content within. A issue I plan to pursue with the right people.

Isn’t it possible to make music anymore? That tape is not something any singer/songwriter should take any pride in at all. It is horrifying and has got to be one of the worst interpretations of an ‘artform’ that I have ever had the misfortune to hear. I know it is possible for the group to make ‘good music’ because I have heard them sing before. For example, the song entitled “When I Come Around” is one of my son’s favorites. It’s a song that he and his Dad sang together whenever it was on MTV or they were driving in the car together.

Unfortunately, one doesn’t have to sing trash to have a following. And if that creates such a following one would do well to wonder exactly what type of people he wants following him! This may do nothing to change the type of music performed or change your views on the art of making music but it helps me to know that there is one less family who will be buying such rubbish and I have a big mouth so I’ll make everyone I know aware. That tape is trash, as you can plainly see, and you’ll find it enclosed.

Why don’t you do something positive and clean up your act!!!! Isn’t there enough garbage in the world? All the thoughts you are helping to put in the minds of our youth is scary. You have so much influence why not use it for something GOOD?

Signed,

[Redacted]

From Billie Joe:

I just received your letter and this is my response.

I don’t write music for parents, grandparents, or eight year olds. I write for myself and I’ll say anything I damn well please. That’s the difference between you and me. I do what I want…. You do what you’re told.

Obviously, we’re not on the same planet, let alone the same ball park. I find people like you offensive and it “helps me” to know you wont be buying anymore of our records. Next time, I suggest you do a little research before you purchase such “rubbish” for your little boy. It might save you a few extra bucks.

Billie Joe and the rest of Green Day

P.S. You’re right about one thing… You do have a big mouth.

I referred to this in the anti-Trump instagram thread to make the point that he’s been ranting at people for their views his entire life. Nothing new. 

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I referred to this in the anti-Trump instagram thread to make the point that he’s been ranting at people for their views his entire life. Nothing new. 

Yeah, idk why some people are so surprised...

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Except I don’t know anyone that’d call that mother a fan 🤷‍♂️ That’s what people was bringing up 

I love Billie's message, it essentially says that he doesn't care what that person thinks. The funny part is that he doesn't use the word hell once in it despite it being used multiple times in Reject. What's so bad about Insomniac anyways, besides the bad words i don't really see anything inappropriate about it.

18 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Fender said:

I love Billie's message, it essentially says that he doesn't care what that person thinks. The funny part is that he doesn't use the word hell once in it despite it being used multiple times in Reject. What's so bad about Insomniac anyways, besides the bad words i don't really see anything inappropriate about it.

A lot of f bombs and songs about meth, probably something a parent wouldn’t want for their 8 year old but then if they were concerned about it they should have done their homework before letting him have the tape. As a parent that’s just what you do. You certainly don’t write a letter to the artist blaming him. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

A lot of f bombs and songs about meth, probably something a parent wouldn’t want for their 8 year old but then if they were concerned about it they should have done their homework before letting him have the tape. As a parent that’s just what you do. You certainly don’t write a letter to the artist blaming him. 

Easier to blame others than your own lack of parenting 

I don't think this mother listened to Dookie. I mean that talks about masturbation, being stoned and not to mention F.O.D.

20 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Everybody is like "why can't that punk rock singer keep his mouth shut and be nice?"   Haha.  

28 minutes ago, T@l said:

I wonder where that 8 y/o boy is today...

Probably Skid Row after his innocence was ruined by Green Day :lol:

56 minutes ago, T@l said:

I wonder where that 8 y/o boy is today...

He grew up to be Justin Bieber 

Archived