Billie Joe anti-Trump comment on Instagram

pouty bitch

14 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

It's within his right, but given the brouhaha that many of the people defending him have raised about online bullying in the past, it surprises me to see them defending behavior I know they don't like simply because it's coming from a person whose ball sack they'd love to lick :ga:

This sums it all up. Thank you. The fans defending him are so transparent.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

I would have :ga:

I know :ga: 

16 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

This sums it all up. Thank you. The fans defending him are so transparent.

Lol you think he's either high or drunk. Get off your high horse. If I was Billie I would have went off too...why? If you have idiots on your social media everyday the social media you willingly open up to fans so they can see what their fav band get up but are then bombarded with shit like ''stick to music'' ''you dont get say because your in a band'' blah blah blah. I would have snapped as well. And all the people who ever tell a celebrity to shut up about politics seems to completely miss the irony that the US voted in a reality tv host as the fucking president!! 

As an aside, I love how “will defend Billie against an Instagram comment” means “will defend him against anything.” As if this is the worst thing he’s ever done :lol: I’ll call Billie on lots of shit but this isn’t one of those times, lol 

8 hours ago, Little Boy Named Miguel said:

This is so sad that it could turn into a comedy thread. 

The people who are attacking Billie:
a) don't know him at all? THis is a guy that a couple days before those comments made a post telling people "not to be afraid to tell someone to fuck off". And people were all "yay BIllie, my idol, stay rebel". A couple days after, he actually DOES THAT and some people are losing their shit over something so insignificant? Geez.

b) People with the "oh but he isn't respecting other people's opinions" are just full of shit. 

b.1) This is NOT about opinions. SOme things are NOT about opinions, it's about common sense ;)

b,2) He is NOT being contradictory or hypocrite, he's doing exactly what he has ALWAYS done and what he ALWAYS tells people to do: stand up for what they believe in ;)

b.3) People who are judging him for that are the real hypocrites. You're saying he didn't respect other people's "Opinions" while YOU are not respecting his? That makes you people major hypocrites ;)

b,4) WHY are those people attacking Billie and NOT the people who went on his instagram just to say stupid stuff? Would you like it of someone went to your house to say something stupid? Would you be quiet and just "respect" that? No. So don't expect Billie to do it, he had all the right to be mad.

c) He made a post talking about how serious this trump matter is and that people need to be aware of what's happening. And, as ALWAYS, some idiots rushed to the comments to attack Billie, try to sensor him by telling him to shut up and/or "simply" defending trump. After Billie made a post expressing, once AGAIN, how mad he is at the whole trump bullshit. So, those idiots were just playing with fire and they had it coming. 

d) Billie has ALL THE RIGHT to say whatever he wants in his OWN instagram and no one has the right to try to judge or censor him, period. This is a man who criticized trump in live national television, and you're attacking him for a fucking comment on instagram?! Where are your brains, people? Honestly. 

e) People who just assumed he's back on drugs and booze are just really shitty people and don't deserve anything Billie's ever done for them. He's been clean since the fucking iheart radio incident and now everytime something so fucking insignificant happens, there are some "fans" who go "OMG HE'S HIGH AGAIN"? GROW-UP-PEOPLE! 

f) Another even more ridiculous people are making such absurd theories about Adrienne's post, saying Billie told her to post that... What the actual fuck are you people talking about?? DO you actually BELIEVE BIllie needs to go cry to his wife about anything and to make such things?? He always stands up for himself, he doesn't need anyone to do that, he never did. 

g) Again with the "rude": the same "fans" who are calling him "rude" or saying "he shouldn't have done that" are the SAME people who are attacking everyone personally who is defending Billie. All over instagram, tumblr, etc, the people who are showing support for Billie (because he hasn't done ANYTHING wrong) are getting nasty DM's by people who are attacking him. The sad part about this is that those people call themselves "Green Day fans". Well guess what? if you're one of those people, Green Day doesnt deserve any of your crap ;)

h) if you people think you can say everything you want and judge/attack anyone, why can't Billie say everything he wants? Just because he's famous? That doesn't take the right to say whatever he wants away from him. He has a voice, he influences people and he's using it to do what's right. Some of you should try to do the same ;)

i) There are also people who are acting as if Billie had no reason to react like that. Do you people have ANY idea of how serious this is? This is about a madman called donald trump who's having a terrible effect on EVERYONE'S lives, wheather you see it or not. This is about a man who might get us all killed, and that tweet about the buttons was just another living proof of that. So if some of you think Billie is "overdoing it", you should get some information before you write or speak ;)

j) "oh he's getting too political now", they have ALWAYS been this "political". Doesn't American Idiot ring a bell? Or even songs like MInority? They've always expressed their concern about important matters that affect so many lives. And this is not just about "political stuff", this is - as I've mentioned before- something that affects EVERYONE'S lives, so YES, it is that important! BIllie talks a lot about it? Well he could do it even more often, he has all the right to do so. This is also NOT about "left or right", it's about standing up for what's right and trying to make people aware of what's going on and how serious this is.

k) this has NOTHING to do with "bullying", it's bullying to attack someone out of nowhere and for no reason. Billie was just replying to the people who went on HIS instagram to defend a douchebag and try to censor him, so he had all the right to DEFEND himself ;) by your logic, if someone is bullying you and you defend yourself, you're "bullying back"? That's just stupid.

l) "oh but one of the guys didn't say nothing wrong". He was defending trump in a post Billie made criticizing him, in the middle of other comments of people defending trump and some of them even insulting Billie. So that "he didn't do nothing" is just bullshit, he did enough considering the circumstances. Supporting trump is not like telling your favorite ice cream flavour, if you support him and all the awful things he does, you don't deserve to be "respected" by Billie or anyone for that matter. The guy who commented it was NO saint and he wasn't innocent at all by doing it, people. And if all of this stupid discussion is because of "how that guy was innocent", well then it just makes no sense ;)

Most people who are attacking Billie are just angry and frustrated trump supporters so that's nothing new. But "green day fans" attacking him? That's just... wow! This fandom has such immature and HYPOCRITE people, it's insane how you say "Green Day saved your life" and yet you haven't learned anything from them. Such whiny people desperate for attention are just sad. Everytime the smallest shit happens, there are always a few people like this. And I'm actually GLAD things like this happen, it just makes the Idiot Nation a more solid group after a bunch of snowflakes leave it for being "too sensitive" and too "politically correct" to deal with Billie. Even though those same people do much worse, which makes them nothing but hypocrites :)

Like Billie said: if you dont respect him, just leave this fan base or at least shut your whiny mouths and move on with your lives. Luckily most Green Day fans are NOT like this, this is important to mention. This is just a small part of people who should definitely get a life. There are Green Day fans with an amazing attitude dealing with this "situation" that wasn't any situation at all, it was just another social media drama created by some people who have no life and get offended over nothing ;)

I probably forgot a couple points but to be honest I've already wasted too much of my precious time giving those people what they're desperate for: attention. I just hope my comment is respected, considering there are absolutely ridiculous comments judging and attacking Billie that stayed here. Some things just had to be said. Quoting some people, I'm just using my right to "freedom of speech" ;)

Also, the few people here who think people like me are defending Billie just "because it's Billie" are being nothing but judgemental. We just happen to have a funcional brain and to be bullshit-free, so we understand Billie's reaction, that's all ;) 

Oh and in case some of you forgot about the post Billie made a few days ago: 

"Be brave. Be tough. Spit your anger. Piss people off. Don’t be normal. Don’t be trendy. Be loud. Live out loud. Cuss . Swear. Be offensive. Tell the truth. YOUR truth. Fuck authority. Spray paint the walls with your song titles. Be dirty. Smash glass. Make a statement. Don’t be a wimp"

So, if you are "shocked" and judging Billie over his replies, either you didn't see this post or you completely missed the point ;)

Have a nice year. Rage and Love.

a) I don't think we should be afraid to tell people to fuck off. It's about telling the right people to fuck off. In this case, Billie told someone who didn't say anything wrong to fuck off.
b) I respect his opinion. In fact I agree with his original post. I just think his replies were kind of dumb. I think the people commenting that shit on his social media are just dumbasses. But again, I just have a problem with him telling off the wrong person and instead of making arguments, resorting to obscenities. It makes your point come across as weak. And again, I did agree with his original post
c) I agree the people telling him to shut up and defending Trump suck. Trump is indefensible at this point
d) Nobody has the right to censor him but people do have the right to disagree with things he said and point that out
e) Yeah, I agree with this. Idk why people are making any kind of connection between this and iHeartRadio
f) I believe that was a joke... I'm not sure though
g) Can you provide some source or some evidence for this?
h) I think he can say anything he wants. But everybody else has the right to judge and criticize him if he does or says something they disagree with. It's simple freedom of speech
i) Again, I think he reacted like that to the wrong person
j) I don't think anybody on this forum has ever said "GD are getting too political" (except maybe Steven Seagull) so that's kind of irrelevant here. I mean, I think most people here love a lot of their political stuff
k) Yeah, I agree, I don't really think anything about this qualifies as "bullying".
l) He wasn't defending Trump. All he said was that Trump supporters weren't going to change their minds... He never said that he supported Trump or that he disagreed with Billie. Billie's response to him was completely unjustified and over the top. There were so many worse comments that he could have replied that to.

Just because people criticize musicians they like, that doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't be fans or listen to their music. Everybody has the right to give their opinion and tbh, I respect people who can openly criticize their favourite bands and artists than ones that just blindly support everything they do.

I understand why Billie reacted the way that he did but his replies just come across as just lacking argument and insulting someone who didn't deserve to be insulted. Again, I agree with his original post, Trump is absolutely terrible but Billie is usually more mature than this. I said this earlier in the thread, but if he wanted to reply to the assholes commenting shit on his post, he could've just made another post saying that he doesn't care what people think of him

But really this doesn't make me think less of Billie in any way, nor would it effect my enjoyment of their music.

48 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

As an aside, I love how “will defend Billie against an Instagram comment” means “will defend him against anything.” As if this is the worst thing he’s ever done :lol: I’ll call Billie on lots of shit but this isn’t one of those times, lol 

How people who go out of their way to show off how much they criticise the band think they're any different to people who go out of their way to praise them I don't know :lol:. Both are just ways to try and look like a better fan and it's silly to automatically assume someone's doing either just because they happen to have a positive or negative opinion about something they do.

Anyway people can agree or disagree with Billie over this. It doesn't need to get personal or turn into a who's the better type of fan debate. I can't imagine there's much about Billie's posts to say that hasn't already been said at this point but unless there's something more to add about that please just stop posting, there's no point in the thread staying open if it's just going to devolve into bickering.

48 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Lol you think he's either high or drunk. Get off your high horse.

I explained myself clearly. This isn't something Billie does everyday while people leave stupid comments on his posts everyday as you just pointed out. I'm far from insulting him. It's not a fucking crime to take a drink. I'm suggesting he may have had impaired judgement while posting. Who hasn't sent a silly text and woke up think oh fuck. If anything even I'm letting him off the hook a tiny bit but since you all are so adamant that's completely impossible then he's just an asshole. So be it. The mods did tell us to shut up about it long ago though. I posted it once to state why I was not thinking he was a 100% prick. Guess by everyone's defiant stance here though he must be 100% prick.

56 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

If I was Billie I would have went off too...why? If you have idiots on your social media everyday the social media you willingly open up to fans so they can see what their fav band get up but are then bombarded with shit like ''stick to music'' ''you dont get say because your in a band'' blah blah blah. I would have snapped as well. And all the people who ever tell a celebrity to shut up about politics seems to completely miss the irony that the US voted in a reality tv host as the fucking president!! 

Yeah...AGAIN the fan he attacked was anti-Trump, never said ANYTHING about sticking to music or in fact anything whatsoever but state an obvious fact. Billie was 100% wrong to attack THIS person.

Look, every opinion in the book has been discussed. And this thread is getting kinda hostile. Plus, it's been nearly a week, I'm not sure what's left to discuss. I definitely went a bit overboard with some of the stuff I put on the thread, but at the end of this, it's how I felt. Everyone seems to feel very differently, and maybe it's stubbornness, but no one is going to concede to anyone else's opinions being correct. And really, there's no way to assess who's right anyway. It is beginning to seem a bit pointless to keep discussing this, all of 5 days later, and Billie can take care of himself. :ga:

15 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I explained myself clearly. This isn't something Billie does everyday while people leave stupid comments on his posts everyday as you just pointed out. I'm far from insulting him. It's not a fucking crime to take a drink. I'm suggesting he may have had impaired judgement while posting. Who hasn't sent a silly text and woke up think oh fuck. If anything even I'm letting him off the hook a tiny bit but since you all are so adamant that's completely impossible then he's just an asshole. So be it. The mods did tell us to shut up about it long ago though. I posted it once to state why I was not thinking he was a 100% prick. Guess by everyone's defiant stance here though he must be 100% prick.

I don't think the only two possibilities are he's drunk or he's an asshole. He was just angry

16 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

It's within his right, but given the brouhaha that many of the people defending him have raised about online bullying in the past, it surprises me to see them defending behavior I know they don't like simply because it's coming from a person whose ball sack they'd love to lick :ga:

I wouldn't say someone going on one incoherent rant of "fuck off" is the same thing, or would have got the same reaction from GDC as the "bullying" you're referring to :P 

I haven't had a chance to complain about anything because I've been reading that fuckoff long post from the last page for the last 12 hours. Am about halfway through with it. Will report on my thoughts when I finish. 

9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

You’re absolutely wrong on point L...

Also don’t buy into Billie’s advice so much take it with a grain of salt  telling people to “fuck authority” is easy to say when you’re worth almost 100 million and can buy yourself out of trouble but telling a regular kid or teen who are a bunch of his followers and are impressionable and read some of that may go and think they can go out and stir up shit and think they can just tell laws fuck authority may/will end them up in prison or serious trouble... Spray painting walls... graffiti is a crime telling folks to smash glass but didn’t say to break their own glass and breaking glass that’s not their property is a crime... so you’be willing to let a celebrity get you locked up if you take his advice literally...

I agree he's wrong on point L.

As for Billie advising to spit our anger and fuck authority, I believe it may help people too afraid of being themselves, which can mean angry from time to time, like everybody, more than it might induce even small delinquency... it personally only encourages me more to stand for myself, be true and stop being afraid of expressing what I really feel, in daily situations, where too often I just think of how others may get what I say or do. The thing is, I'll continue being weird, having an unpredictable character, doing things the way I feel it, and not the way I think or plan to, I've always been so and everything I've done, right and wrong, was so. That's just the way I am. Billie's post you're referring to tends, for me, to stay in peace with the weird person I am instead of constantly wondering if it's a problem for the others. I've always paid attention to others and will continue to, by nature I'm everything but careless towards others; in spite of it, I really am grateful to Billie for posting something that reminds me to stop worrying about things I can't really change, and maybe instead I'd start changing my way of seeing them. Having spit my anger in various situations, since I was a child, while no one around seemed to accept it or understand, and while I had been refraining myself so much before I didn't control anything anymore, is an aspect of me I just don't want to look at an occasional problem. It's sometimes the person I am, something I mustn't be afraid of when I really feel so, because in the end, whether the others understand or not, I can't let myself down no more only to have their understanding.

16 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

I agree he's wrong on point L.

As for Billie advising to spit our anger and fuck authority, I believe it may help people too afraid of being themselves, which can mean angry from time to time, like everybody, more than it might induce even small delinquency... it personally only encourages me more to stand for myself, be true and stop being afraid of expressing what I really feel, in daily situations, where too often I just think of how others may get what I say or do. The thing is, I'll continue being weird, having an unpredictable character, doing things the way I feel it, and not the way I think or plan to, I've always been so and everything I've done, right and wrong, was so. That's just the way I am. Billie's post you're referring to tends, for me, to stay in peace with the weird person I am instead of constantly wondering if it's a problem for the others. I've always paid attention to others and will continue to, by nature I'm everything but careless towards others; in spite of it, I really am grateful to Billie for posting something that reminds me to stop worrying about things I can't really change, and maybe instead I'd start changing my way of seeing them. Having spit my anger in various situations, since I was a child, while no one around seemed to accept it or understand, and while I had been refraining myself so much before I didn't control anything anymore, is an aspect of me I just don't want to look at an occasional problem. It's sometimes the person I am, something I mustn't be afraid of when I really feel so, because in the end, whether the others understand or not, I can't let myself down no more only to have their understanding.

so breaking laws and encouraging people to get locked up (which will happen if you break glass that doesn't belong to you and graffiti in some cities one tagger just got 10 years for it in Texas...) is a good thing? Billie will not give a flying fuck at all if you get locked up not one bit won't send you a penny in commissary won't be no free so and so being your own person is great and half of his message is good but he's also encouraging people to break the law which for someone like him or someone else who has money who can afford great lawyers is cool but not everyone can afford lawyers where a decent one will cost you at least 2 thousand up front and 200 dollars and up per hour 

expressing how you feel is fine and you should you can't be punish for that I'm just pointing out that he encouraged people to commit (small) crimes that in some areas of the US can get them more than just a ticket and being sued for property damages   

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

so breaking laws and encouraging people to get locked up (which will happen if you break glass that doesn't belong to you and graffiti in some cities one tagger just got 10 years for it in Texas...) is a good thing? Billie will not give a flying fuck at all if you get locked up not one bit won't send you a penny in commissary won't be no free so and so being your own person is great and half of his message is good but he's also encouraging people to break the law which for someone like him or someone else who has money who can afford great lawyers is cool but not everyone can afford lawyers where a decent one will cost you at least 2 thousand up front and 200 dollars and up per hour 

expressing how you feel is fine and you should you can't be punish for that I'm just pointing out that he encouraged people to commit (small) crimes that in some areas of the US can get them more than just a ticket and being sued for property damages   

But where does he encourage breaking the law? Its clearly more an intent to get people to stand up for themselves and for others who cant you know get out there and make your voice heard. Thats what I got from it not literally go out and start smashing shit. I mean some idiots may take it literally but come on 

6 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

But where does he encourage breaking the law? Its clearly more an intent to get people to stand up for themselves and for others who cant you know get out there and make your voice heard. Thats what I got from it not literally go out and start smashing shit. I mean some idiots may take it literally but come on 

Spray paint your titles on walls? that’s called graffiti and it’s illegal (a repeated tagger just got ten years in prison a year ago in Texas) smash a glass again what glass? Yours? Smash it all up others people glass? That’s illegal you know

Sure they are small crimes and most places graffiti will only get a ticket unless you’re a repeat offender altho if the cop is having a bad day he probably will arrest them  and smashing other people’s property will result in probation or a small time in jail along with a civil lawsuit 

• Hermione locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived