Billie Joe anti-Trump comment on Instagram

pouty bitch

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine how Billie feels. Big nut is threatening other country with war and some Green Day fans are like "you are liberal and people have the right to support Trump". What the fuck. Paradox of tolerance - just google it. Don't expect him to respond nicely to people who stand for war. Sometimes you just need to say fuck off, even if you are a well-known rock star. 

9 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

I can imagine how Billie feels. Big nut is threatening other country with war and some Green Day fans are like "you are liberal and people have the right to support Trump". What the fuck. Paradox of tolerance - just google it. Don't expect him to respond nicely to people who stand for war. Sometimes you just need to say fuck off, even if you are a well-known rock star. 

But people do have the right to support whoever the want I don’t support or like Trump 

Billie supports Obama and don’t get me wrong I like Obama but Obama literally bombed more places than most presidents has he also deported more immigrants (which people attack Trump on but praise Obama when Obama deported a shit ton of people...) 

also can’t post something and not want or expect someone to debate you or share their opinion that’s opposite of yours if you don’t want to see an opposite viewpoint then you shouldn’t post it publicly maybe post it on a private account (which he has one) to where you’re surrounded by family and friends (altho Billie’s guitar tech seems to be a very alt right/racist supporter on IG...) that share your viewpoints... 

3 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Just chiming in to say I'm so proud of him for that post and his responses to those comments :) . He's been building up to this and I'm not surprised he finally flat out told certain fans to fuck off. I wish more of the artists I listen to had the guts to unapologetically speak their views and, even the ones who do, often don't have the guts to tell fans to fuck off if they're gonna support someone like Trump. I'm practically giddy I'm so happy to see his comments :runaround:.

This won't have any grand negative consequence to his career.  He's literally telling people to get off his Instagram and they're still on there driving him nuts and "threatening" to leave. The people who willfully ignore who he is and what the band represents will throw their fits and still listen to dookie on their spotify tomorrow. And I doubt their management is even batting an eye at this. He's not some pop star who's never spoken about politics before. They'll have a laugh (if they see it at all) and move on.

I agree :wub:

Trump supporters incapable of commenting on Trump's actions and changing the subject to avoid it as usual. That guy starting his reply off with "I love how no one loses their shit about how kim jong..." is so dumb. Literally everyone is disgusted by Kim Jong Un's regime. Does he think it has to be one or the other and saying Trump is bad equals saying NK's regime is good? That as long as there's someone else doing bad things Trump can do no wrong and should't be criticised even when he's having a pathetic dick measuring contest over nuclear war and people's lives? If people are going to make weak arguments based on falsehoods they deserve whatever response they get and I don't blame Billie for rising to it. Better to speak up honestly and emotionally than to back off because of worries about damaging his image, and if people are going to tell him what he should and shouldn't post about on his own Instagram they can indeed fuck off.

13 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

But people do have the right to support whoever the want I don’t support or like Trump 

Who said they don't? People also have the right to tell them they're wrong/to fuck off that's all.

Trump literally threatening nuclear war and people are worried Billie Joe telling supporters/apologists to fuck off is bad for his career?! 

I say right the fuck on, Billie. 

20 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I agree :wub:

Trump supporters incapable of commenting on Trump's actions and changing the subject to avoid it as usual :lol:. That guy starting his reply off with "I love how no one loses their shit about how kim jong..." is so dumb. Literally everyone is disgusted by Kim Jong Un's regime. Does he think it has to be one or the other and saying Trump is bad equals saying NK's regime is good? That as long as there's someone else doing bad things Trump can do no wrong? If people are going to make weak arguments based on falsehoods they deserve whatever response they get and I don't blame Billie for rising to it. Better to speak up honestly and emotionally than to back off because of worries about damaging his image, and if people are going to tell him what he should and shouldn't post about on his own Instagram they can indeed fuck off.

Who said they don't? People also have the right to tell them they're wrong/to fuck off that's all.

But it’s is kind of hypocritical for Billie to support Obama who is directly responsible for the deaths of babies and kids and innocent civilians being blown up  as opposed to a dumbass president acting like a 5th grader on Twitter 

Granted all presidents have been guilty of murder by war but Obama was very bomb happy so it’s kind of stupid of Billie to be upset at Trump tweeting about bombs and then go to Rolling Stone and praise a man who has bombed more places than nearly ANY other president in history 

reality is all Trump and Kim Jong Un is doing is Twitter war neither one of them are actually going to attack physically if NK strikes first China will not back them and other countries will not back them and if we strike first China will join in with NK and other countries will abandon the US so none of them will strike first 

Tbh I’d be more concerned if he didn’t tell anyone to fuck off. It’s not as if he’s doing it over something small and pointless it’s actually a serious situation and I think he sums up the collective panic by losing it with people who are being stupid about it.

^^^This. I didn't know much about what was going on in America/Trump's behaviour until I saw Billie absolutely lose it yesterday. It really showed me the reality of it all, made me realise that this really is a serious situation and people's lives are potentially at risk. It's made me so much more aware.

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

^^^This. I didn't know much about what was going on in America/Trump's behaviour until I saw Billie absolutely lose it yesterday. It really showed me the reality of it all, made me realise that this really is a serious situation and people's lives are potentially at risk.

Again nothing at all is going to come out of this NK isn’t going to strike first neither is USA both have too much to lose by doing so to where whatever the outcome is wouldn’t be worth it no one goes in KNOWLINGLY that they’re going to lose more than what they’d win and both the idiots running NK and the US are way too narcissistic to let the other one win in the taunting war they’re are going to behave like 5th grade losers for three more years and no actual war with them is going to happen 

I understand the frustration. The internet just keeps on widening the divide. People never listen or see how bad their opinions may be, the left go to far one way, and the right go even further.

so people commenting on his post, wouldn't even matter, they probs half the time seek out negative posts about trump so they can have a go, telling them to fuck off isn't a bad thing really, 

I think Billies Instagram post is spot on. This shit does have to stop. I do not think that Trump is sitting in the Oval office with his finger on the nuke button. But, these childish, idiotic threats need to stop. International relations in the US has been reduced to a series of twitter rants. It is embarrassing and scary as shit. Kim Jong Un is laughing his ass off because Trump reacted exactly the way he wanted him too.

However, I don't think Billie's reaction was spot on. He brought up a serious subject then reduced it to a bunch of rants. Telling people to fuck off did nothing other than, taking the bait the people set up. This serious subject has been reduced to the news reporting how Billie told a fan to fuck off instead of the 45th President of the US threatening nuclear war.  

He has every right to speak to people how he likes, and at this point in his career it'll have no impact on the band or his future prospects. This will get little to no press coverage either

He has nothing to lose by speaking his mind. What, a few angry Trump fans will boycott Green Day? Green Day made their money, they're set for life. I like the fact that musicians and artists are taking a hard stand, like Eminem saying he doesn't want Trump supporters for fans.

BJA is just a man, he is as entitled to get into a twitter war as any average person, and just cause he's angry doesn't mean he's wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

He has nothing to lose by speaking his mind. What, a few angry Trump fans will boycott Green Day? Green Day made their money, they're set for life. I like the fact that musicians and artists are taking a hard stand, like Eminem saying he doesn't want Trump supporters for fans.

BJA is just a man, he is as entitled to get into a twitter war as any average person, and just cause he's angry doesn't mean he's wrong. 

And look at Em’s sales for that cd just came out two weeks ago flopped (altho it is a awful cd so that probably plays a part in it as well) 

yall keep underestimating these Trump supporter idiots... 

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

And look at Em’s sales for that cd just came out two weeks ago flopped (altho it is a awful cd so that probably plays a part in it as well) 

yall keep underestimating these Trump supporter idiots... 

Revival is far from his best work but it's not bad either. Walk on Water, River, Untouchable, Like Home, and Bad Husband are good tracks. The divisive politics contribute but I think another problem for Revival is that it's a lot more experimental. Mathers LP 2 capitalized off nostalgia but Revival is something that will either be liked or disliked on its own merits. 

Just now, Trotsky said:

Revival is far from his best work but it's not bad either. Walk on Water, River, Untouchable, Like Home, and Bad Husband are good tracks. The divisive politics contribute but I think another problem for Revival is that it's a lot more experimental. Mathers LP 2 capitalized off nostalgia but Revival is something that will either be liked or disliked on its own merits. 

Walk On Water good track? We’ll have to disagree good sir 

and I agree Billie and Em and anyone else has every right to tell em to fuck off and as a fan I love it but from a business mindset telling fans off isn’t exactly the best idea from a business standpoint that’s all 

I feel like the only reason people are having doubts about this is because they're worried about the reaction of  Facebook haters who will undoubtedly unlike the page and tell him to stick to music. Well fuck them, it's great that Billie keeps taking out the trash himself by being opinionated. This is exactly why I love him so much.

I really don’t understand how anyone can be conservative/a Trump supporter and like Green Day. Or at the very least, be surprised or offended when the band bashes him. Did you not know what you signed up for? Cognitive dissonance much? It’s not like their viewpoints are something new or not reflected heavily now in their music. I don’t get how you could really enjoy it if it conflicts with what you apparently believe. :confused:

6 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I really don’t understand how anyone can be conservative/a Trump supporter and like Green Day. Or at the very least, be surprised or offended when the band bashes him. Did you not know what you signed up for? Cognitive dissonance much? It’s not like their viewpoints are something new or not reflected heavily now in their music. I don’t get how you could really enjoy it if it conflicts with what you apparently believe. :confused:

Some people know how to separate the art and the people some just know the hit songs and some on social media will just search and attack opposing people 

I agree with him and I don't think in this case he's being insanely unreasonable. It's unlikely to have a huge impact on his image, but imagining the publicists shitting themselves is still hilarious :lol:

Just now, WhiteTim said:

some on social media will just search and attack opposing people 

Yeah, part of me wondered if it was just straight-up bait but then I looked at one account and it seemed like it was clearly a fan who had been posting Green Day stuff for months. I dunno, I’m always so surprised when people seem baffled by his rants. It’s one thing to separate the art from the artist, as you said. It’s another to be shocked that the rockstar in skinny jeans and eyeliner is liberal. :lol: 

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

also can’t post something and not want or expect someone to debate you or share their opinion that’s opposite of yours if you don’t want to see an opposite viewpoint then you shouldn’t post it publicly 

This is also something I don’t understand. Love you Billie, but I don’t get how you can be so surprised by the mindless Trump trolls either. 

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, part of me wondered if it was just straight-up bait but then I looked at one account and it seemed like it was clearly a fan who had been posting Green Day stuff for months. I dunno, I’m always so surprised when people seem baffled by his rants. It’s one thing to separate the art from the artist, as you said. It’s another to be shocked that the rockstar in skinny jeans and eyeliner is liberal. :lol: 

This is also something I don’t understand. Love you Billie, but I don’t get how you can be so surprised by the mindless Trump trolls either. 

I haven’t read all of the comments but if he was telling everyone who said something positive about Trump to shut the fuck up then why post it publicly if you’re not willing to read someone else’s opinions Billie’s not new to IG he knows he’s going to get opposing views but oh well it was nice to see Billie actually interact with people 

4 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

oh well it was nice to see Billie actually interact with people 

Yeah, but a bummer he doesn’t interact nearly as much with people who emit positive energy in the comments. It’s almost like he’s rewarding the idiots. I wouldn’t be too surprised if some fans were crazy enough to purposefully say extreme pro-Trump stuff just to get a reply. 

• Hermione locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived