Sky Arts to broadcast the best of Hyde Park 2017

Yosuke Hanamura

i'm just gonna keep being optimistic and hope the reason they're holding back all footage is because they're trying to make the absolute best live cd/dvd/ tour documentary so they don't want to risk giving up even the slightest bit of top quality footage.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, imXieli said:

i'm just gonna keep being optimistic and hope the reason they're holding back all footage is because they're trying to make the absolute best live cd/dvd/ tour documentary so they don't want to risk giving up even the slightest bit of top quality footage.

That’s the spirit 😉

In Hyde Park, the crane camera filming the crowd was out before the arriving of the band on stage.. Therefore, there was no intention to make a movie.

Anyway, the sound in outdoor venue is never satisfactory and the crowd that day was very passive and primarily behind their phone judging by videos on YouTube.

4 hours ago, jon18 said:

In Hyde Park, the crane camera filming the crowd was out before the arriving of the band on stage.. Therefore, there was no intention to make a movie.

I don’t understand how that observation has led to that conclusion.  But even then, GD could be restricting footage from all shows for a concert film from just one - I’d personally have picked Sheffield, that was a great show IMO.

On 24.12.2017 at 4:16 AM, imXieli said:

That's what I've been hoping for months now. I think it's still possible, actually the short trailer they posted from the South American tour lately gave me new hope because they were obviously filming backstage footage too, I don't think they did this just for a short trailer. :)

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Green Day weren’t in it though (reportedly).

It was 3 hours I'm not getting back 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Maybe Green Day just weren't among the best who played ;)

I hope this was irony because:

giphy.gif

Archived