Sky Arts to broadcast the best of Hyde Park 2017

Yosuke Hanamura

There will be a special 2 hour broadcast with the best of Hyde Park on Sky Arts tonight! (As of the date of this post) Would this possibly mean more Green Day footage? One can only hope. 

(Hoping there's HDTV rips if that's the case.)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the description  for the broadcast - no mention of Green Day which is strange , but still hopeful !

JlU94ix.jpg

1 hour ago, AimieeSmith said:

This is the description  for the broadcast - no mention of Green Day which is strange , but still hopeful !

I think it's a bad sign that they're not in the description though... why should they not mention them? But let's see, it would be awesome to finally get some pro-shot footage! I hope someone records this!

That is kind of weird considering they were one of the headliners. Hopefully their mission not to show anyone a single second of live footage from this tour doesn't extend to this :P 

I’m going to be a huge pessimist and say that Green Day won’t feature in this broadcast, for ‘licensing reasons’ or something similar.  I’m really hoping to be proven wrong, but not expecting to be.  Still, will be great to rewatch some of the support sets.

35 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

But I did see in the credits that green day got mention 

On Radio Times, but I’d question how accurate that is 

The thing is because there’s so many big names playing the same festival and it’s such a long one that it’s hard to have a decent slot for everyone in a 2 hour highlights show, I wish they could just show the full headliner’s sets, I swear they did it with Take That or something last year but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Jonas01 said:

It would be typical by the GD team to not let the footage be published.

Yeah they're the worst band in the world when it comes to being broadcasted on festivals. Why the hell is that by the way? Anyone know the reason?

8 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

Yeah they're the worst band in the world when it comes to being broadcasted on festivals. Why the hell is that by the way? Anyone know the reason?

I have no idea. The band and the promotional team seem to share opposing ideologies on the matter. 

The band wants to show it all while the promotional team wants to show a limited amount. 

It's even more frustrating considering bands like the Foo Fighters show it all with no problem.

1 hour ago, Jonas01 said:

It would be typical by the GD team to not let the footage be published.

Yeah. Green Day's team really only seems to give footage when it's absolutely mandatory in some sense.

18 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

I think sometimes it's because they have a live DVD coming out and they think someone seeing a clip of the band playing another show will mean they won't buy it (rather than that it'll make them see how good the band is live and how worth buying a DVD would be and keep the band relevant and in people's minds) :rolleyes:. When they don't even have anything coming out I have no idea. Goes hand in hand with the dumbness of them putting no videos from live shows out to promote their show and keep fans interested for the entire tour/album promotion cycle.

29 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think sometimes it's because they have a live DVD coming out and they think someone seeing a clip of the band playing another show will mean they won't buy it (rather than that it'll make them see how good the band is live and how worth buying a DVD would be and keep the band relevant and in people's minds) :rolleyes:. When they don't even have anything coming out I have no idea. Goes hand in hand with the dumbness of them putting no videos from live shows out to promote their show and keep fans interested for the entire tour/album promotion cycle.

They did that plenty of times on the trilogy tour and there was no live release so... yeah we still got no clue :lol: I was hoping it was a Pat thing but it might not really be about their management 

2 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

:lol: I was hoping it was a Pat thing but it might not really be about their management 

Their management is the safest bet currently. Mike Dirnt has said that one day they'll reveal everything from the "GD Vault".

12 minutes ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Their management is the safest bet currently. Mike Dirnt has said that one day they'll reveal everything from the "GD Vault".

He's a dirty liar :lol: 

Safe to stay that after playing king of stupidon that green day won’t get 1 song????

Of course another bloody kings of Leon song :( can’t they play ANYSONG FROM SATURDAY 

Was the people making the fucking listening just making it up?

I'm selfishly glad they weren't featured, because I completely forgot this was on :lol: oh well. 

Unfortunately I was right :(  Just got to hope that the lack of video is due to a concert film being made - but I doubt that too.  Green Day weren’t the only big name not shown, so at least we weren’t the only ones to missed out.

For anyone who’s recorded it, it’s still well worth watching for some of the other artists - Tom Petty was great, especially considering it was one of his last big concerts

Archived