GDA's RevRad Era Recap Zine

BeachBum

Update Dec. 10, 2018, Pre-orders are finally up! Order your copy. Or you can order a bundle with vol. 1 and vol. 2

The last few months we've been working on a zine to recap all the news and events that happened with Green Day and our community of fans during the RevRad era. We are now making a final call for your stories, memories, photos, and/or artwork submissions.

Tour Memories
Send in a special memory you had this tour while going out to see Green Day. Whether it was something about the show (maybe it was your first, maybe they played a song that meant something special to you) or about meeting other fans at the show. Please keep it between 200-400 words. For those of you going to a later show, you are welcome to submit your stories/memories/thoughts after your show since we will be accepting them until the end of the year. See some examples from our 2013 Zine here. (We would love to hear from those of you who attended the South American leg of the RevRad tour.)

Fan/Meet-Up Photos
Some of you had the opportunity to join the band on stage this tour while others made plans months in advance to meet up with other fans. We'd love to feature some photos of you guys hanging out with each other or rocking out with the band. Send in a photo and include the names (usernames if you’re a member of our forum) of everyone in the photos.

Green Day Memories
This one isn't specific to 2013. We'd like for fans to send in their favorite memory related to Green Day the entire time you've been a fan. Maybe it was meeting a best friend because of a shared interest in the band, maybe you turned to their music at a certain time, maybe you listened to Dookie the first time you had sex. Just think through the experiences you've had as a fan and share your favorite memory with us.

Green Day Fan Artwork
Did you draw Green Day related artwork, or maybe made some kind of digital image (funny, creative, whatever), then send it in. We'll have a section just to share some artwork with other fans. Of, course your name will be published alongside the work.

Please send items to gdazine@gmail.com by Dec 15, 2017, for consideration. We look forward to reading and viewing your memories and artwork. We will try to include as many memories as we can!

Samples of related content from the 2013 Zine.
120417_Zine_Sample_01.jpg 120417_Zine_Sample_2.jpg
120417_Zine_Sample_3.jpg

• BeachBum pinned this topic
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome!

Is it really over though?  It all started on August 11th, 2016 with the release of BANG BANG and ended nine months and five days later with the release of Revolution Radio.  Actually a really short promotion period for the band.  The shortest EVER actually.  They usually spend a little over a year on each album, with the only exceptions until now being Insomniac and Breakdown, which both got about 10 months and a week.  

5 singles is a bit much, but Green Day usually give us more than we deserve.  But three?  This hasn't happened since Warning!  (I'm excluding the trilogy in all aspects of this post due to weird circumstances and the bands express wishes, haha!)  

It's been a fantastic era and I really want it to keep going for a while longer.  Two more singles with videos, the last one showing up around March and it would be a PERFECT one.   Any Rev Rad song and then Ordinary World!  

Still Breathing is probably the highlight for me, while the entire album is amazing.  That song is just perfect in every way.  

I think I already submitted my stuff so I'm probably good. Can't wait to see it! 

I met my current girlfriend due Green Day. We are close to 6 years together. We traveled to Argentina to see Green Day, then come back to Chile to catch them again. It was a wonderful night on Buenos Aires. Friends, music, love, all thanks to this band! Todavía estamos vivos :)

Is this something you print copies of, or publish online. Where do we get to see it?

Also, I can't wait to send in some art!!!

On 12/6/2017 at 2:42 PM, Jesus of Seneca said:

Is this something you print copies of, or publish online. Where do we get to see it?

Also, I can't wait to send in some art!!!

This will be for sale in a print version on GDA.

5 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

YAY :D

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 5:07 AM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Awesome!

Is it really over though?  It all started on August 11th, 2016 with the release of BANG BANG and ended nine months and five days later with the release of Revolution Radio.  Actually a really short promotion period for the band.  The shortest EVER actually.  They usually spend a little over a year on each album, with the only exceptions until now being Insomniac and Breakdown, which both got about 10 months and a week.  

5 singles is a bit much, but Green Day usually give us more than we deserve.  But three?  This hasn't happened since Warning!  (I'm excluding the trilogy in all aspects of this post due to weird circumstances and the bands express wishes, haha!)  

It's been a fantastic era and I really want it to keep going for a while longer.  Two more singles with videos, the last one showing up around March and it would be a PERFECT one.   Any Rev Rad song and then Ordinary World!  

Still Breathing is probably the highlight for me, while the entire album is amazing.  That song is just perfect in every way.  

They played some different locales and played a lot of gigs even if it was a shorter amount of time. I did think they were gonna do another European leg. At their age, I’m fine with them getting back in the studio.

RevRad was special but it’s time.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:46 PM, BeachBum said:

What is this print you speak of?

On 1/25/2018 at 8:20 PM, Jesus of Seneca said:

Does anyone know when it might be done/available for perusing?

We are a little behind.  There is some content I am still waiting on, as well as I was stuck with a big job when I had been planning to work on the layout.  

It was supposed to come out Mid/ Late Jan.  We are now looking at mid Feb

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 12:50 AM, LaughingClock said:

They played some different locales and played a lot of gigs even if it was a shorter amount of time. I did think they were gonna do another European leg. At their age, I’m fine with them getting back in the studio.

RevRad was special but it’s time.

What is this print you speak of?

Is it strange that I have literally ZERO recollection of writing this?

• 1 month later...

I swear this is still coming and is almost done.  I am not giving a date because I can't control other people.

Oops I just found out about this now. I'm now more of a Longshot fan but still like those Gr33n d4y guys and their last tour was quite good. 

• 1 month later...

The zine is ready for print, just waiting to figure out printing and shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

If our work was featured in the zine, we should've been contacted, right?

Well, I may have forgot to submit something this year, but at least I was able to contribute as an editor.

The content — both submitted by fans and written by our staff — is really good... can't wait to see the finished product in print! :) 

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The content — both submitted by fans and written by our staff — is really good... can't wait to see the finished product in print! :) 

Agreed!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a draft copy signed by Billie and also left a copy with him after The Longshot show in Montreal.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Well, I may have forgot to submit something this year, but at least I was able to contribute as an editor.

I am not even going to bother giving a timeline anymore.  The zine is done and I a,m pretty proud of how it turned out.  Would love to see it FINALLY get released.

On 6/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, kaylubd said:

If our work was featured in the zine, we should've been contacted, right?

All those who had writing selected were emailed.  I still need to email about #stillbreathing and fan photos.  Waiting for the team to figure out details for the release before emailing at this point.

Spoiler

your #stillbreathing was included.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is something I should ask or not, lol. But is this still, umn, getting released? 

• 4 months later...
On 7/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, Jesus of Seneca said:

Not sure if this is something I should ask or not, lol. But is this still, umn, getting released? 

Pre orders are finally up! http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/5864/

There's the zine, plus a bundle for vol. 1 and vol. 2. 

On 12/4/2018 at 12:56 PM, kaylubd said:

So do contributors get a free copy or do they have to pay as well? 

Unfortunately we can't give copies away to everyone who contributed because of the costs associated with printing and shipping. 

• 1 month later...

Is there an update on expected shipping date? Last I remember it was sometime in January. 

• Fuzz unpinned this topic

Archived