The Green Day’s own ink thread

pacejunkie punk

I saw this on Instagram and I thought it was a good way to compare the Zeke and car tattoos:

Edit: For whatever reason, the picture has been deleted from Instagram.

Edited by IcyMoffatt
The picture is gone.
  • Like 2

Found this one I’ve never seen. He’s showing off the star tattoos (you can tell they’re new from the redness) So what year did he get the stars?

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Found this one I’ve never seen. He’s showing off the star tattoos (you can tell they’re new from the redness) So what year did he get the stars?

January or February of 2005.  If you look at some of the pics from the January shows, he didn't have them, but February pics do.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

GD need to do tattoo tour videos- at least that way they'd answer a lot of the questions here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Does anyone know when Billie got the butterfly tattoo? He definitely had it by Dookie era.

Late 1991, early 1992.  I don't believe he had it at the Gilman shows in October of '91, but he definitely had it by the Easter show in April of '92.

Edit- Just checked the after gig tape from December of 1991- he didn't have it there either, so it must have been early 1992.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just rereading this thread and wanted to add that Zeke was actually a nickname for Amanda (according to Arica). So that’s who Zeke was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just rereading this thread and wanted to add that Zeke was actually a nickname for Amanda (according to Arica). So that’s who Zeke was. 

I wonder why they called her "Zeke". Has anyone ever said why? 

• 1 year later...

Found a cool article listing 40 of Billie's tattoos with pictures for most.  For those wondering about the ankle tattoos, one says "Idiot" and the other is the CM logo for Corrupted Morals (there's also an Emily's Army TV logo but that one is more well known and easily spotted).  (One error in the article: the "Rage and Love" tattoo that is pictured is not his, it's one he did for one of the AI musical cast members)

https://bodyartguru.com/billie-joe-armstrong-tattoos/?fbclid=IwAR26SmbROxol6O016zqDl8VX-v5N1qyK3H0EfERLkTam3sW6bEQtkpFE2yM

• Love 2

On 5/13/2018 at 6:43 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Found another tattoo photo.  :lol:

That was when he got this car:

I believe the car covers another tattoo he had right? 

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

I believe the car covers another tattoo he had right? 

Yes the car covers the Zeke tattoo

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes the car covers the Zeke tattoo

Ok so I thought it was an old girlfriend. I thought maybe it was Arica Pelino but I guess it was Amanda. 

On 7/30/2020 at 10:36 PM, Sheenius said:

Ok so I thought it was an old girlfriend. I thought maybe it was Arica Pelino but I guess it was Amanda. 

Yes Arica confirmed to me that it was the name of Amanda’s feminist zine so a reference to Amanda

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 9:07 AM, Beerjeezus said:

Another big mistery solved :lol:

I have an update to that one. Amanda had a feminist punk zine of her own called Zeke. That’s the story of the tattoo.

• Like 3