The Green Day’s own ink thread

pacejunkie punk

10 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Oh, so Mike and Billie both  have/had the 39/smooth face? Or did one of them have one version, and one have the other (the two different versions of the face on the poster up above).

And who/what was Zeke?

Different faces.

494ffeca11ae58628947b6c5847b73b3--billie

And no one knows who Zeke is.

ccd29d490b6042ff6c56ecd172a9702a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Does anyone have a pic of Billie's Corrupted Morals tattoo?

Nothing up close.  You can kind of see it above the ankle tattoo here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Oh, so Mike and Billie both  have/had the 39/smooth face? Or did one of them have one version, and one have the other (the two different versions of the face on the poster up above).

And who/what was Zeke?

There are two running theories.

The most common one is that it was for the band Zeke from Seattle. This was one of his first tats but even then Billie didn't have a lot of tats for other bands. People, yes.

Then there is the Zeke the girl which has more substance. Sort of an 80s first love for him. He was madly in love with her or something and then she dropped him and actually dug Mike. See how easy we could have lost Green Day? Lol. 

Either were cause for an eventual cover up.

Edit: By the way, great thread. I find tats on men and  women extraordinarily sexy and fun to discuss meanings (I hate tats that don’t have meanings). I would for example be more inclined to put a line from a song of a band I liked than a band and I wouldn’t do that even.

I think the forearm tat is sexy as hell and I know now that I have a life that allows me to put a tat anywhere I want for the rest of my life so it’s easy to say fuck it. I’d be wary to kids though that don’t know what you’re doing and NEVER put a tat of a gf/bf that you THINK youll be with forever or unless it’s a symbol, I would advise not putting anything you might not like in 20 years. I have a couple stupid tats, one covered that I got drunk one day at a place I didn’t even know which brings me to my second point.

If you can, get it by a very reputable artist and go over it with him/her before you do. Try so design it yourself if you can. I literally spent over a year designing my chest tat. Of course you could go the Brian Regan method:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The "be silently drawn" tattoo on Billie's chest is definitely my favorite. I love tattoos that are just words, I'm not the biggest fan of too much color and too many complex pictures. It just looks so nice when he's wearing a deep neckline (which he should do more often:whistle). I would love to get a Still Breathing tattoo because the song means so much to me, but I'm not allowed for health reasons and it really sucks. But well, staring at this gif cheers me up :woot: I also love that the boys got matching RevRad tattoos and that the radios are nice and simple.

MenacingUnpleasantGuernseycow-max-1mb.gi

• Like 4

@LaughingClock Agree about a forearm tattoo. I love them there that’s why I got my first one there (and also designed it myself). I love all the color on Billie’s but I don’t think I would want that myself (mine is just black), not sure though. I want another one but I’m waiting to be inspired by something.

So back to the boys’ ink — Do Mike and Tre have any anywhere other than arms/shoulders?  And the idea of giving one to yourself really freaks me out I don’t know how they did that. I wonder if they ever had any that got infected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So back to the boys’ ink — Do Mike and Tre have any anywhere other than arms/shoulders?  And the idea of giving one to yourself really freaks me out I don’t know how they did that. I wonder if they ever had any that got infected.

I know way more about Billie's than Mike and Tre's, but these were in the old thread-

Tre-

90sfb9.jpg

Mike-

2l9tdur.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 6:02 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Here’s a place to talk about the many many tattoos our boys have. It’s a topic I love because I love their ink. If anyone can upload the photos of them in progress or good closeups please do because there are loads out there. Let’s talk about which ones they have, what they might mean, when they got them, your favorites, etc. Do you think they have too many, not enough? 

I love that they all have matching RevRad ones now.  So lets talk tats!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! ive been dying for a thread like this to be made

On 12/1/2017 at 1:10 PM, Montclare said:

Some people count sheep when they're trying to fall asleep; I see if I can name Billie's tattoos.  These were the 40 (including covered ones) that came to mind.  Anything I forgot?

Left Leg

Ankle tattoo (Idiot?)

CM (Corrupted Morals)

Right leg

Emily’s Army symbol

Hips

Punx

Back

DWK (Death Wish Kids)

Chest

Be Silently Drawn

Male potency symbol

Zeke (covered)

Car

Skull/cards

Whatever that thing that goes over to his right shoulder is

Left hand

Heart

Punx

Right hand

Adeline symbol

Cross

Left Arm

LOVE

EBPM (East Bay Punk Mafia)

Clown bracelet

Baby

Jakob

RevRad Symbol

Stars

Boxer

Cat

Right Arm

Stars (including the shared one with Mike)

Butterfly

Picture strip

Adrienne

Joseph

Rose/shading

Japanese symbol (covered)

Ivy band (covered)

Jesus Christ Superstar

All Ages (covered)

Drunk Bunny

Bottle/Skull

St. Jimmy

39/Smooth face (covered)

i love his rose looking tattoo that goes around his right arm just above the jacob one when i turn 18 im going to get a tattoo just like it, i dont know why he would cover that one up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

It's Jesus Christ Superstar logo, I love it :wub: I think it's my favorite Billie's tattoo. 

Let's talk about Tre... He has a girl with flying baloon on his left arm, it's pretty popular design

3jxkp4uraef2.jpg

And on left forearm he has a snake with boobs and a quote from Rock The Cashbash by The Clash - "Sharif Don't Like It". 

Tre-Posed-Outsidew-J38A2245.jpg

The most interesting tattoo is on his right forearm. You can see mermaid, but also horseshoe and handgrenade :)

On 4.12.2017 at 2:23 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes, Mike has "X" on his chest: 

j9pubqdn4957.jpg

And vulture on his back: 

13202_537022982998700_289345487_n.jpg?oh

And at least two tattoos on his legs, but can't find any pic right now :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Tre’s girl with a balloon tattoo looks like Banksy art.

You're right! 

Also... Tre has EBMP tattoo high on his right arm and probably other design below that, but it's really hard to find any picture. And he had name of his ex-girlfriend on his chest, but now it's covered up. 

Wait, @JellyTime posted those pics of Mike and Tre and we’re still talking about their tattoos, off to fangirl thread.......lol

Did Tre not say something around the time of the Trilogy, maybe on Quattro about it being a lady cobra tattoo? Billie said one time that Tre didn’t like getting them, it hurt too much but he’s got over that I guess.

When i turn 18 im going to go straight to the tattoo shop And spend enough money to buy a small car and get the following tattoos 

Jesus christ superstar 

The rose thing that goes around billies arm just above the jcs tattoo

baby herman

the screeching weasel thing that's on mikes upper arm 

9515f3d448_1650887_o2.jpg75cb10ce93_1650849_o2.jpg2a948912e2_5545205_o2.jpg879620a2d4_1651029_o2.jpge4439a363b_5545213_o2.jpge68afbee50_1650876_o2.jpg3f9fefb633_1650827_o2.jpg5dbff1d8f9_1650809_o2.jpg3b48aa38a7_5545193_o2.jpg7e4925c992_1650929_o2.jpg3631bfdcc0_1650857_o2.jpg554e43a3ec_1650838_o2.jpg810acf0dc4_1650833_o2.jpg9d60065318_1650948_o2.jpg ok that's all of BillIes tattoos that i was able to find clear pictures of in one photos i have saved on my google drive 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

heres some of mikes :

35b36dc09a_1651072_o2.jpg : A belt around his left ankle 

367628c273_1651053_o2.jpg Buildings; a cross with a pyramid in the middle of the eye; water from a can on which is written: "Product of East Bay"; key with heart at the end:

033715d3bc_1651060_o2.jpg  Estelle (daughter) with yellow and red stars; EBPM; a face that laughs on one side, on the other is sad; image of vinyl player; Front Side 1039 / Smoothed Out Slappy Hours:

8dfa13311e_5545244_o2.jpg Screeching Weasel

c8eb06a4f0_1651374_o2.jpg  :dagger wrapped in a serpent with the inscription: brother (Jason Andrew Relva, a friend who died in a car accident had the same tattoo)

3abfb9283c_5545236_o2.jpg Brittney(His wife)

93272d63f6_1651408_o2.jpg :Japanese symbol for grass and some other Japanese symbol

147c217ab2_1651379_o2.jpg skull and symbol the Frustrators

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all those photos of Mike’s. So he also has the Japanese weed symbol so that’s another one that he and Billie share. So that makes at least four matching:

Japanese for weed

stars on hands

EBPM

RevRad

💚💚

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jengd said:

Wait, @JellyTime posted those pics of Mike and Tre and we’re still talking about their tattoos, off to fangirl thread.......lol

Did Tre not say something around the time of the Trilogy, maybe on Quattro about it being a lady cobra tattoo? Billie said one time that Tre didn’t like getting them, it hurt too much but he’s got over that I guess.

Yeah I remember reading that he passed out while getting one sometime around AI, he had to go out to get some air and fainted. But I guess he's got better at dealing with it.

Here's Billie's DWK one

2618963242_0dc11d6bb0.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah I remember reading that he passed out while getting one sometime around AI, he had to go out to get some air and fainted. But I guess he's got better at dealing with it.

Here's Billie's DWK one

Wow. It must have hurt a lot to make him faint.

For some reason this photo doesn't seem as weird as it used to

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Wow. It must have hurt a lot to make him faint.

It makes you feel tired because your immune system weakens a bit so getting up quickly probably isn’t a good idea. It’s not that it hurts that much though, it’s more like the way you feel after donating blood.

Question, I've always wondered what the deal is with the Jesus Christ Superstar logo, It just always seemed kind of random to me. Anyone know a story behind that one?

17 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Question, I've always wondered what the deal is with the Jesus Christ Superstar logo, It just always seemed kind of random to me. Anyone know a story behind that one?

Best version I know of is the interview with Michael Mayer where Billie says he saw the logo on a friend’s album and thought it was beautiful.  Will look for it and share.

Here it is, about 4 mins in.

• Thanks 1