The Green Day’s own ink thread

pacejunkie punk

Here’s a place to talk about the many many tattoos our boys have. It’s a topic I love because I love their ink. If anyone can upload the photos of them in progress or good closeups please do because there are loads out there. Let’s talk about which ones they have, what they might mean, when they got them, your favorites, etc. Do you think they have too many, not enough? 

I love that they all have matching RevRad ones now.  So lets talk tats!

• Like 3

One of my favorite's is probably that face on Mike's right shoulder, the one that was on the 39/smooth album cover. Still don't know what the story behind it is though.a68cb08c4b18389f24751b31f3742b05.jpg(1990)+39-Smooth+-+back+-+coversandlyric

Or Jason Freese's bombs away tattoo, love that one.

SCAN0002.jpg

And they all got RevRad tats? I didn't know that. What are they?

• Like 4

I like Mike’s X-Kid one. The face from the 39 Smooth record is the one that Billie said was his first tattoo that he’s since had covered.

• Like 1

This one on the inside of his arm is one of my favorites. I really like all of his ink, and I'm pretty picky about what kind of art I like.

9d2434c2920b024796b49766e48d53e3--beauti

• Love 1

^^^ That one is really cool. 

I like Jason’s but all I keep thinking is how much that had to hurt getting that on his ribs. Isn’t that like the most painful place?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

This is an old, AI era article which discusses the meanings of some of Billies tattoos. I can't find any more up to date articles about his more recent tattoos 

http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/greenday/article/billie-joe-a-cornucopia-of-artwork/

That’s exactly what I was hoping to find, thank you!  His right arm is so covered I didn’t notice he had Adrienne’s name there too and now I know what the Japanese means :lol: 

22 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I can't believe that we still haven't got any clear, good quality photos of Billie's RevRad tattoo.:(

The one up top is good. Then there was another one with him and Sara both showing theirs. It may be new but it’s exactly how it would look now all healed. It actually looked worse at the private show a few days later because it was seeping under the bandage and blurring the image as they tend to do until you remove it.

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The one up top is good. Then there was another one with him and Sara both showing theirs. It may be new but it’s exactly how it would look now all healed. It actually looked worse at the private show a few days later because it was seeping under the bandage and blurring the image as they tend to do until you remove it.

Didn't he have extra work done on it though? In later photos, it looked more filled in.

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Don’t they all have the EBPM one too?

I think so. Tre's is on his right shoulder, I believe. I don't know about Mike though.

14 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Didn't he have extra work done on it though? In later photos, it looked more filled in.

No, people were saying they thought so at the private show but that was only three days after getting it. He still had the bandage on so what you were seeing was the excess ink pooling to the top as it heals. It’s normal and makes the image look blurred and filled in until you remove the bandage and wash it. The bandage stays on for 3-4 days. It would have been too soon to do more work on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish Billies Rev Rad tattoo was clearer during the Back in the USA video, but from what I can see it clearly isn't filled in any more than when he got it done in September. It's nice that we've got a video where we can see so many of his tattoos :wub:

What are all the elements of Tre's right arm sleeve? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jengd said:

Don’t they all have the EBPM one too?

I believe so.  I've seen Tre's once, but I don't think I've ever seen Mike's.

3 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

What's male potency symbol? 

That circular thing right above his left nipple.  He once said that's what it was.

1 minute ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Edit- We posted at the same time.  Yup, that's the one.

• Like 1

My personal favorite is his right forearm “reel” tat.

Billie-Joe-Armstrong-Tattoo-billie-joe-a

1023901-379426.jpg?itok=d_RCE__v

Ive oft thought of getting that same one with different versions of my daughter but I think I’ll wait until she’s a little older.  All my anti-GD friends would also never stop making fun of me if they figured it out.

I just got my first chest tat and it says 444 (she was born at 4:44am, night owl like me) but in the shape of a heart surrounded by “Alexandra” and like a note on a staff and a heart beat. I designed it myself over the last year before I was comfortable with it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

My personal favorite is his right forearm “reel” tat.

I love that concept, I'd love to do something similar but with different people in each frame 

• Like 2

His left half sleeve is just so darn colorful with the clowns, cartoon baby, toy blocks, rocket ship and soccer ball. Cool look overall.

I didn’t know Tre had the TV out the window as a tat, but then of course he would 😂 I know he has all those colorful mermaid and sailor motifs.

53 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

What's male potency symbol? 

He showed that one and explained what it was in the infamous 1991 after tour video from England he thought no one would ever see 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

What are all the elements of Tre's right arm sleeve? 

Not sure of all of the elements, but here's a pic of him getting it.  Notice the artist.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Montclare said:

Some people count sheep when they're trying to fall asleep; I see if I can name Billie's tattoos.  These were the 40 (including covered ones) that came to mind.  Anything I forgot?

Left Leg

Ankle tattoo (Idiot?)

CM (Corrupted Morals)

Right leg

Emily’s Army symbol

Hips

Punx

Back

DWK (Death Wish Kids)

Chest

Be Silently Drawn

Male potency symbol

Zeke (covered)

Car

Skull/cards

Whatever that thing that goes over to his right shoulder is

Left hand

Heart

Punx

Right hand

Adeline symbol

Cross

Left Arm

LOVE

EBPM (East Bay Punk Mafia)

Clown bracelet

Baby

Jakob

RevRad Symbol

Stars

Boxer

Cat

Right Arm

Stars (including the shared one with Mike)

Butterfly

Picture strip

Adrienne

Joseph

Rose/shading

Japanese symbol (covered)

Ivy band (covered)

Jesus Christ Superstar

All Ages (covered)

Drunk Bunny

Bottle/Skull

St. Jimmy

39/Smooth face (covered)

Oh, so Mike and Billie both  have/had the 39/smooth face? Or did one of them have one version, and one have the other (the two different versions of the face on the poster up above).

And who/what was Zeke?